Forums / Media / Websites

2,569 total conversations in 244 threads

+ New Thread

So apparently YouTube has made it so that watching a video with "fidget spinner" in the title or tags changes the loading circle to a fidget spinner...

Last posted Aug 14, 2017 at 08:04PM EDT. Added Aug 11, 2017 at 09:48PM EDT
9 posts from 9 users

And before you ask the reason I know this is because I was watching a video on The Know (a gaming and entertainment news report show made by Rooster Teeth) earlier which had "fidget spinner" in the video title (the context of the story is they reported a story about how people are injuring themselves with those toys and the host, Ashley, started by saying "yes this is the kind of news we're getting nowadays" and the whole time basically having a look of "when will this stupid trend end already?") and when I first saw it I was just like "what…?" and then I had to look in the comments to confirm it wasn't just me. The video in question where I noticed this:

So if you needed more of a reason to avoid any videos relating to those things, here you go.

Of course they would put time into making a fidget spinner loading screen instead of focusing on stuff that actually matters. cough cough treating content creators like actual humans cough cough

The Transistor wrote:

Of course they would put time into making a fidget spinner loading screen instead of focusing on stuff that actually matters. cough cough treating content creators like actual humans cough cough

That would take far too much effort from them.

Youtube surely has different branches for stuff like the content creator dilemma and this little design trinket.

It's a fun thing they came up with. It's a popular trend, and people will like this. Although surely this is coming late to the party a bit, it's nice to see they think about the small things like the Nyan Cate loading bar in the past.

Learn to appreciate the little things, you chronic depressants.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!