Forums / Media / Websites

2,574 total conversations in 245 threads

+ New Thread

Anyone else here using Brave Browser?

Last posted Apr 06, 2021 at 07:19AM EDT. Added Mar 20, 2021 at 06:37PM EDT
10 posts from 7 users

I may be a little late on this one.

Only starting this year, I started to hear people talking about this new browser, Brave. I just started trying the thing, and holy shit.

On both Chrome and Firefox KYM was difficult if not sometimes impossible to use, even with adblocking software on. It was honestly sad to see this site in such a state after so many years here. This browser though? Suddenly everything runs without a hitch. It's like being on this site back in its glory days.

Surely I can't be the only one, right?

No you’re not the only one. I tried using it but I couldn’t get into it. It has a lot of bloat which you can’t remove. Crypto wallets, TOR tabs, built-in Adblock, their own acceptable ads program, etc. Not for me. If you had the ability to remove all this, I’d consider.

I mean, those are kind of all core components of what makes it tick, and it still works way better than anything else. The BAT system is about the perfect compromise between businesses needing to advertise and the need to keep ads out of the way of browsing. It also offers an additional revenue stream for sites like Wikipedia that won't or can't host ads.

I don't really see the downside yet.

I've been using Brave for a couple of years based off a software recommendation thread from a cesspit lolcow forum. Never bothered with crypto features but as Particle Mare said, the adblock is nice and it's been a long time since I used Chrome so it may not be unique to Brave but with Brave, I'm able to resume from the last webpage and tabs I had all together rather than individually.

The only thing I'm left weary of though is the userbase. From at least one source, most users of it seemed to be right wing which concerns me simply because of connotations and all, especially with things like the Capitol Hill raid and any spergings that could come from the right wing but beyond that? I don't mind using Brave since my experience with it has been pretty good.

"…The only thing I'm left weary of though is the userbase. From at least one source, most users of it seemed to be right wing…"

lol wut is that even a thing

only soyboys and liberals use firecucks instead of BASED BRAVE

Smol Nozomi wrote:

"…The only thing I'm left weary of though is the userbase. From at least one source, most users of it seemed to be right wing…"

lol wut is that even a thing

only soyboys and liberals use firecucks instead of BASED BRAVE

I'll admit, the claim came from Reddit. Then again at this point after using the internet after 2016 and all the culture war stuff and the like I just want to try browsers and programs without having to hear whatever spergings there that could be attached to them such as someone sperging about how the liberals/conservatives or how some game or cartoon has SJW/Anti-SJW followings and the like.

Really though, I can't really see much cons there has been with Brave beyond maybe one or two sites I use not recognizing the browser such as the site for the bank I use.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!