Jobs at Know Your Meme
Social Media Editor
We are looking for a seasoned culture writer to join the meme research team as a full-time Social Media Editor in June 2019!
As a staff editor of Know Your Meme, you will work alongside a team of professional researchers to spot and track internet trends of all shapes and forms on a hourly basis. As the social editor and curator for Know Your Meme, you will be responsible for developing and managing a content program that is strategically tailored for our growing audiences on off-site platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.
The ideal candidate should have at least two years of distinguished work experience in content production or social media management for an online publication, with impeccable composition skills, up-to-date fluency in webspeak and an in-depth understanding of memes and social media ecosystem, both as a cultural and an industry phenomenon.
- Two years of experience in social content production for an online publication
- B.A. or B.S. degree in English, Journalism or Digital Communications
- Advanced proficiency in Photoshop or Adobe Creative suite applications
- Ability to read, write and edit basic HTML elements and CSS markup
- Sensibility to curate content and engage with audience per community
- Perceptivity to minute details (typos, grammatical errors and visual flaws)
Good to Haves
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
- Familiarity with SEO, CMS and web analytics applications
- A history of continued presence or content creation on social media
- A genuine passion for community building, collaboration and gamification
- An existing member of the Know Your Meme community? A huge plus!
How to Apply
If you're a qualifying candidate interested in this position, please submit your application via Indeed or email at email@example.com. Be sure to include the title of the position, followed by your name, in the subject line of e-mail (Ex: Social Media Editor - Jane Doe).
- A resume in .pdf file format (attachment)
- A link portfolio of your social media highlights (body text)
- A 280-character cover letter and a cover image in 16:9 ratio (attachments)