Forums / Media / Books & Comics

1,014 total conversations in 114 threads

+ New Thread

I want books. Give me books. You can also ask for books, i guess.

Last posted Oct 06, 2016 at 01:14AM EDT. Added Oct 05, 2016 at 01:47PM EDT
2 posts from 2 users

Althrough i'm in college, i find the teaching process agonizingly slow. I searched my course's bibliography to speed up the process, but i found out that the books were, at least, from 15 years ago, others are even older. I'm in software engineering and i was like, with the development of new tech, it's like i attempted to learn to use leeches to balance the body's humours. (In my mind, the analogy was that software has like 100 years of story at its most, mostly by taking lax definitions, whereas medicine has +2000 years. Adjusting time frames, i tought it was appropriate).

My formal education ends at high school. My interests reside in: computing, math, physics, engineering (those last two aren't part of my course). I want an experience as complete as posible, but i'll need to learn things in order.

For the note, i already learnt basic C++ (input/output/classes/types/functions/conditionals/vectors), but still have another book with more.

If you are interested in books, feel free to ask here.

Last edited Oct 05, 2016 at 01:48PM EDT

I suppose we should begin here; The Gutenberg Bible. Many say it's the most sought after book in the world. Future iterations of the Bible are based off this book, it was one of the first mass-produced movable type books. Sure, it has nothing to do with computing, mathematics, physics, or engineering, but it is still an interesting (and important) book none the less. What say you?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!