Forums / Discussion / General

232,976 total conversations in 7,790 threads

+ New Thread

What apocalypse should you be in?

Last posted Jan 14, 2012 at 12:25AM EST. Added Dec 28, 2011 at 10:43AM EST
42 posts from 34 users

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/114/341/apocalypse.jpg

I'm not embedding because it's a big image and you need to zoom in.
You have 5 possible choices from classic movies Terminator, The Birds, and The Book of Eli, and the L4D zombie apocalypse (trust me, I know it's L4D), or you could just be unsuitable and screwed for any of them.

I got Terminator.

I got terminator also, hell it's better then a insane amount of zombies. Plus robots are easy to destroy if you got a good EMP. As long I'm not in the matrix or anything like that I'm okay with a robot Apocalypse.
Besides…I always wanted to be part machine…so why not become one with them?

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

I got terminator also, hell it's better then a insane amount of zombies. Plus robots are easy to destroy if you got a good EMP. As long I'm not in the matrix or anything like that I'm okay with a robot Apocalypse.
Besides…I always wanted to be part machine…so why not become one with them?

^
(Picks Up Rocket Launcher)
Let's Go.

Last edited Dec 28, 2011 at 03:26PM EST

Patrick wrote:

Barren Wasteland…

BRING IT ON.

That's a very funny short story if you ever had the chance to read it.

It's a fast read and worth the time reading it just for the end.

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Looks like I'll be joining Ric, Katie and RF in the Terminator apocalypse

See you guys at the resistance meeting I guess.

I want to see if they can attack me once I make myself part machine, yes they might try to control my brain unless it's in pure rage of a war cry.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!

Anybody know any good movies in this genre that have been released recently?

I know The Road was a good one.

I mean there needs to be more of these Apocalypse movies, they can have a large variety of seriousness, politics, culture, you name it, and and all you gotta do is dress up as a hobo.

Last edited Dec 28, 2011 at 08:30PM EST

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

I want to see if they can attack me once I make myself part machine, yes they might try to control my brain unless it's in pure rage of a war cry.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!

Ric as a robot
…

So for the Terminator Apocalypse we have:

-Me
-Ric
-RussianFedora
-Katie
-Citation
-Ideo
-Eridan

Good, that's a big enough team to destroy a key Terminator factory

Here's the plan:
I'll crash the Skynet operating system to provide a distraction, Russian you will plant the nuke under the factory since you are good at nuking things, Eridan we will need your magic to get past defenses. Citation…you are probably going to die in combat…sorry. Everyone else grab your shotgun and prepare move out.

One of you better not be a Terminator.

Jordan Brokaw wrote:

No Water World? LAME. I want to loot floating scrap-metal villages via jet-ski.

That's the "barren wasteland" one. When the movie Waterworld came out, the movie reviewer in the local paper said, "Here's a way to save some money: If you want to see Waterworld, go to the video store and rent Mad Max, and watch it with your aquarium in front of the TV."

Definitely missing from that short list of apocalyptic scenarios is nuclear war, a popular '80s theme for movies. I personally highly recommend Miracle Mile:

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

So for the Terminator Apocalypse we have:

-Me
-Ric
-RussianFedora
-Katie
-Citation
-Ideo
-Eridan

Good, that's a big enough team to destroy a key Terminator factory

Here's the plan:
I'll crash the Skynet operating system to provide a distraction, Russian you will plant the nuke under the factory since you are good at nuking things, Eridan we will need your magic to get past defenses. Citation…you are probably going to die in combat…sorry. Everyone else grab your shotgun and prepare move out.

One of you better not be a Terminator.

I am not a terminator….

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!