Forums / Discussion / General

232,908 total conversations in 7,789 threads

+ New Thread

Rage Faces

Last posted Dec 30, 2011 at 10:53AM EST. Added Dec 29, 2011 at 12:12AM EST
14 posts from 8 users

What I would suggest is using a program such as Gimp or Paint.net, get the original picture, and then in a second layer, outline the important features of the picture or face.

Then, delete the base image and save the outline layer.

That's the fastest way I can think of to make a rage face out of a picture accurately.

That depends on the program you end up using. But most have a simple drawing tool you can use to draw lines with your mouse. For most rage faces that is all the fanciness you need.

Ragefaces don't really require any art skills they pretty much are just hand drawn lines.

Don't forget to read up on the programs documentation

Last edited Dec 29, 2011 at 12:40AM EST

Here, to help you understand important details, look at what I did. Mind you, this was done in a hurry. Notice that most of the important details are simplified. The trick is to avoid taking very much time on any one detail.

brookelynn424 wrote:

That is exactly what I want to do, the trouble is knowing how to do it. Do you really just trace the important details with your mouse? That seems near impossible to get such good lines.

No, I actually used Illustrator, which is essentially the same as the program Inkscape, from what I'm told. If I'm not mistaken you can get it for free.

What I typically use is something called vector art. Here's a wiki image to show the difference

The pixalated or bitmap image is what most user-generated images will look like, because most people have never laid a finger on vector-based programs (although they're fairly easy to learn).

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!