Forums / Discussion / General

232,984 total conversations in 7,790 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9926 posts from 193 users

So how's everybody? I feel like I really need to post more substancial things here.

@Fics

I for one am not a guy who reads fanfics, neither wants to make one. Sure I've read one or two, like Bittersweet and the one and only mindblowing-heartstopping-manlytears-machine masterpiece called Spiderses, but really that's one part of the fandom that gets less interrest from me (not like pics as you may have noticed)

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

So how's everybody? I feel like I really need to post more substancial things here.

@Fics

I for one am not a guy who reads fanfics, neither wants to make one. Sure I've read one or two, like Bittersweet and the one and only mindblowing-heartstopping-manlytears-machine masterpiece called Spiderses, but really that's one part of the fandom that gets less interrest from me (not like pics as you may have noticed)

I've been fine and all. But I want to ask you a serious question, that the fate of the world rides on… Where EXACTLY did you find this shirt?

@Greg

So how’s everybody?

I'm currently suffering from pony overdose.

This thread…oh gawd…so…much….ponu…

…Call the ambulance!….

@Verbose

It’s really hard to link to funnyjunk for your images. It generally gives you that weird symbol meaning you dun goofed. I suggest uploading it to imgur or another image site like that or going to Ponibooru or another pony image board.
FunnyJunk links never work in embeds.

Hard? Try impossible.

Funny Junk explicitly prohibits direct linking to their images!

Linking an FJ image into KYM or any other website will result in a little broken image symbol. This is not a bug, but a feature designed to prevent external websites like KYM eating up FJ's bandwidth.

So don't bother with FJ at all, they won't let you do it.

Last edited May 03, 2012 at 09:22PM EDT

Alcarran wrote:

IM BACK … from the recesses of the internet. Hello again everypony.

Hello, Alcarran RivarĂŞ! I've never met you before, and I'm new to these forums, but not the site.
Oh, and also

Sunhammer wrote:

One of these things is not like the others…..one of these things just doesn't belong…..

At first, I thought this might be a joke talking about the older gen pony.

Then I saw the X-Ray of a six-fingered hand.

Also, that might've been me that tried to upload a FunnyJunk pic. I dunno, I just google shit. BTW, don't do that for Berry Punch.

SAFESEARCH?

Y U NO SAFE?

Last edited May 03, 2012 at 09:43PM EDT

Zarathh wrote:

Hello, Alcarran RivarĂŞ! I've never met you before, and I'm new to these forums, but not the site.
Oh, and also

I was more active on this site during the summer before season 2 upwards to about 2 months ago. That's why you don't know me.

I kind of left the site because my jimmies were rustled by friends seeing all the NSFW stuff in the gallery section and assuming I was a brownie brony, but I'm back for no particular reason.

Soooooo… yeah.

Alcarran wrote:

I was more active on this site during the summer before season 2 upwards to about 2 months ago. That's why you don't know me.

I kind of left the site because my jimmies were rustled by friends seeing all the NSFW stuff in the gallery section and assuming I was a brownie brony, but I'm back for no particular reason.

Soooooo… yeah.

All that crap is in the pass, brony.
Also thank Celestia you missed the shitstorms!
Picture unrelated:

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

All that crap is in the pass, brony.
Also thank Celestia you missed the shitstorms!
Picture unrelated:

That picture… pure awesome.

Zarathh wrote:

Oh, and also

I don't say everypony, 'cept for when I'm writing.

I don't get pissed at anybody for doing it, though.

However, I do believe I should agree with that fine gentleman… He has a pony…

Regardless, have some Two Best Sisters Play:

Alcarran wrote:

Soooooo… yeah.

Well I'm glad you could come back! I'm sure that we'll get to know each other just fine!

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

PLEASE DON'T SAY IT WAS BECAUSE OF US MRS. FAUST!

I am seriously hoping she does not mean us, we need some one to ask her if the reason why she is leaving is because of us just to clarify.
I am to scared too even want some one to ask her.

Last edited May 03, 2012 at 10:01PM EDT

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

I am seriously hoping she does not mean us, we need some one to ask her if the reason why she is leaving is because of us just to clarify.

She seems concerned that if she were to reveal her reasons, people might take it the wrong way. She's spoken well of us in the past, so it's somewhat hasty to think that bronies were somehow the cause. Maybe she got tired of interference from Hasbro, or maybe there were other people around with whom she had trouble working. It's all just wild speculation, but if she wants to keep it private, she certainly has the right to do so. Forget everything I just said and look to Jackal Lantern's post below.

EDIT: Page get for Luna!!

Last edited May 03, 2012 at 10:27PM EDT

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

No. She stepped down from lead director immediately after season one. Pretty sure she quit before "brony" was even a thing. We need to just NOT ask her why she left. We've asked her before, she said a few things about it, people took it the wrong way, we need to just drop it. I'll see if I can find her old post regarding this.

EDIT:
Here it is.

To quote, "Various circumstances with the production made it increasingly impossible for me to keep up the level of personal creative involvement and control that I had at the start of the series."

People took this line wrong and thought Season Two might suck. Probably why she won't say any more.

Last edited May 03, 2012 at 10:17PM EDT

Faust is referring to the fact that she and Hasbro don't have the same views on things.

I am not going to explain each side's views. But lets just say that Hasbro is working on something else re: MLP.
They are not going to do any extreme or dramatic changes to the show. At least for now, but a few internal issues that they are working on will change some things.

Let's just hope Lauren's newest project is successful and she remains a consulting director for MLP. All we can do for her now is appreciate what she's brought us, and throw money at her if we see her :)

Alcarran wrote:

Let's just hope Lauren's newest project is successful and she remains a consulting director for MLP. All we can do for her now is appreciate what she's brought us, and throw money at her if we see her :)

I like your way of thinking!
Gif unrelated.

Alcarran wrote:

We should make this happen.

Whenever a brony sees Faust, the first thing they should immediately start doing is throw paper money at her.

No showering her in change.

Change hurts.

#$rain4faust

Last edited May 03, 2012 at 10:21PM EDT

Millennial Dan wrote:

She seems concerned that if she were to reveal her reasons, people might take it the wrong way. She's spoken well of us in the past, so it's somewhat hasty to think that bronies were somehow the cause. Maybe she got tired of interference from Hasbro, or maybe there were other people around with whom she had trouble working. It's all just wild speculation, but if she wants to keep it private, she certainly has the right to do so. Forget everything I just said and look to Jackal Lantern's post below.

EDIT: Page get for Luna!!

DID SOMEPONY SAY LUNA?

@Dr. Greg

I can see why one can think Fausts departure had anything to do with us. Considering all the shenanigans the Brony community gets up to. But I'm sure Lauren also considers the great things we have accomplished as well. Plus she knows how much we love her.

Instead it's more likely that Faust departure has more to do with her workplace, social life and other factors that are much more closely related to her on a personal level. The Bronies do not get anywhere near that level so its hard to imagine that after just two episodes we were able to shunt her out of her own job from across some YouTube comments and 4chan posts.

Lauren is a bit stronger than that.

I'm sure she has her reasons and they are far bigger reasons than us.

[edit]

I got mega-ninja'd

What Jackal and Ivan said, yea. They got it.

But I have to admit, if she ever did leave her project…which she worked so hard on…only to leave as soon as it starts, because of us…I would probably be all like:

Last edited May 03, 2012 at 10:23PM EDT

Jackal Lantern wrote:

Well, if Tara Strong quits, we'll know it's because of bronies.

We all know that Mrs. Tara wouldn't quit. She loves all of us! Have you ever been to her twitter? If so, go there now. I forget how to link stuff, so here it is. http://twitter.com/#!/tarastrong

The scariest question out of the whole Lauren Faust thing is: what will happen next?
Her new show… if I recall, the same fans of MLP are usually fans of her other shows too (PPG, Foster's Home). I remember when PPG stopped, we flocked to Foster's, and when Foster's stopped, we waited, and jumped on to MLP: FIM.

Now with her new show… I know, we are the biggest fanbase of hers, greatly surpassing her other shows, but…
will… we just pack up and leave, like we did to PPG and Foster's? Will in the near-future, bronyism will be a thing of the past? And nobody will remember the names of the Mane 6?
Will we become a LOST CIVILIZATION?

Thinking about it, seeing how we were ultra-pleased with Season 2 (references, references everywhere!), we can only hope that the current writers will continue to be as epic as they are, and Faust will remain a consultant.
But with people like Amy Keating Rodgers leaving… its scary.

Let's have a pic with the ever-awesome Darth Vader and Applebloom.

"The force is strong with this filly. Midichlorians will be her cutie mark"

Last edited May 03, 2012 at 10:45PM EDT

Zarathh wrote:

We all know that Mrs. Tara wouldn't quit. She loves all of us! Have you ever been to her twitter? If so, go there now. I forget how to link stuff, so here it is. http://twitter.com/#!/tarastrong

Yeah, I've been there. I was just joking… it's obvious she isn't gonna quit. She just LOVES having her own personal brony army.

Also, POSTAN MOAR LUNA.

Last edited May 03, 2012 at 10:40PM EDT

Jackal Lantern wrote:

Well, if Tara Strong quits, we'll know it's because of bronies.

Where have you been?

She fucking loves bronies.

No joke, she's actually said that…

Hundreds of times. Twilightlicious was a joke she made for the bronies. She even sang it (I think), to humor us. She's trolling the shit out of twitter with us, made the #twilightlicious hashtag, and posted borderline r34 of Twilight Sparkle.

SHE IS A BRONY, DAMNIT!

PopperFett the Mandalore wrote:

The scariest question out of the whole Lauren Faust thing is: what will happen next?
Her new show… if I recall, the same fans of MLP are usually fans of her other shows too (PPG, Foster's Home). I remember when PPG stopped, we flocked to Foster's, and when Foster's stopped, we waited, and jumped on to MLP: FIM.

Now with her new show… I know, we are the biggest fanbase of hers, greatly surpassing her other shows, but…
will… we just pack up and leave, like we did to PPG and Foster's? Will in the near-future, bronyism will be a thing of the past? And nobody will remember the names of the Mane 6?

Thinking about it, seeing how we were ultra-pleased with Season 2 (references, references everywhere!), we can only hope that the current writers will continue to be as epic as they are, and Faust will remain a consultant.

And Equestria will become Gallifrey?! NEVER GOOD SIR, NEVER!

Oh yeah I'm a whovian now too. :D

Aww, now you're making me sad. But no, we won't become a lost civilazation, last time I checked the Trekkie fandom was still living. So can we please get off the topic of the crew leaving? It's making Pinkie and me sad.

LOL.

Reminds me of when Season One ended. Everyone was like OH CELESTIA, DON'T LET IT END!

And now look where we are. WE ARE STRONGER THAN EVER. The show will never end. The cast will all be heads in jars like on Futurama, still working on the show for the citizens of Percei VI after the Earth gets destroyed by Discord escaping through the Equestrian Innovations portal.

Errrrr……
We all need some happy stuff now….
Captain Applejack!

And, err…. Communist Pony!

And… aw, hell, for all the Fluttershy fans, cute art!

thinking about it, we're only getting stronger. we're getting a bit too worked up. The summer's coming, and that's when our fanon gets stronger and awesomer…

Hey, guise…

We're freaking out too early. Way too early. Miss Faust was limited after season 1, and it didn't change the show much, if at all in my opinion. I'm sure we've nothing to worry about.

Last edited May 03, 2012 at 11:08PM EDT

Joe Amethyst wrote:

Hey, guise…

We're freaking out too early. Way too early. Miss Faust was limited after season 1, and it didn't change the show much, if at all in my opinion. I'm sure we've nothing to worry about.

Yeah, you're right. We shouldn't be doing this right now. So to brighten our moods again, here's Rainbow Dash dancing.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!