Forums / General

195,733 total conversations in 5,390 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General V: We Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2012 at 11:27PM EST
9,954 conversations with 194 participants

@Propper: Not just any brofist! The most epic of brofists!

Last edited May 18, 2012 at 06:31PM EDT
May 18, 2012 at 06:26PM EDT
Quote

Deadpooled Twilightlicious and added a paragraph in the “Creator Response” section of the main entry.

Twilightlicious hasn’t spread to any notable levels, even after all this time. If you think the deadpool was a bad decision, post in the comments of the Twilightlicious entry or reply to this post.

Last edited May 18, 2012 at 06:41PM EDT
May 18, 2012 at 06:31PM EDT
Quote

Favourite fanfic?

I used to read a lot of fics, so I have a lot to choose from. I can’t pick a clear winner out of these three, so I’ll just say they’re all my favourite:

  • Fallout: Equestria
    I bet most of you can remember that tl;dr I wrote recently when I finished it, so I won’t repeat everything I said there. The short version is this: it’s long, it’s gory, it’s a little inappropriate at times, but it’s f*cking brilliant.
  • End of Ponies
    This is another epic-length apocalyptic fic. I was drawn into this more than I was FO:E, since the whole premise of the fic is much more interesting and the writer does a great job of building suspense. However, it did drag on a little in the most recent arc (yeah, it’s so long it has freakin’ arcs), and the author is currently on hiatus. Apparently it was going to end up being longer than FO:E by the time the next arc was completed, and I was really looking forward to it, but unfortunately there’s a good chance that it’ll never get released.
  • Eternal
    Thanks again to Muffinator for introducing me to this one. This one was really well written, and absolutely gripping from start to finish. It was very difficult to predict what would happen, and it got pretty damn moving at parts. Of the three I’ve listed here, I’d recommend this one the most, since it’s by far the least dark and the most accessible.

There’s also a bunch of sadfics and shipfics that I’ve really enjoyed over the last few months, but I won’t list them all here. If you want a good read, just find something that has both a ‘sad’ tag and a 5 or 6 star rating on EqD. It’s almost guaranteed to be great if it fills those criteria. Also, yeah, I totally did just admit to liking shipfics there. Deal with it.


Zarathh wrote:

I’m gonna go all sappy on you guys again.
I cannot express how much I love this community and you guys. I was once a cynical asshole of a man. I used to hate everything and everyone, except my small circle of friends and family. I used to be an intolerant jerk. I used to be so depressed, thinking that I had nothing to look forward to in my life. But this show, this community, and you guys have made me a different person all together. I truly want to thank all of you, this community, Studio B, Lauren Faust, The Hub, and any other people that were involved in the making of this. You have changed my life, and I want to thank you. I truly don’t know where I would be without this fandom. I love you guys, this community, and everything else about it. I was also a little suicidal before I found this show. I want to thank you guys for saving my life, or else I wouldn’t be here as of right now. I’m crying while I’m writing this, and I hardly ever do it. I just love you guys so much.
Friendship truly is magic.

Try sticking around for a bit longer, and you’ll find that it only gets better. I’ve been posting here for the best part of a year now, and now I regularly keep in contact with a few current and ex-posters here. I know I haven’t been very active on this thread lately, but I’m very active in an MSN group that CitationNeeded set up a while back. I was seriously nervous when I first started posting here, but after 10 months of being a brony I can honestly say that I’ve made real friends – people I can trust, and people who trust me (we even know each other’s IRL names). So, yeah… it’s fair to say that I’m glad I joined this fandom too.

Last edited May 18, 2012 at 06:59PM EDT
May 18, 2012 at 06:58PM EDT
Quote

Wow, I’m in tears, I cannot believe how much it has changed our lives. I used to be an asshole of a person myself, I’ve done horrible things to my family and everyone I loved. I really had a terrrible mindset of hurting people before they would hurt me (A horrible breakup caused this, love can make you stupid.) Without this community, I probably would be alone and hopeless and on the verge of suicide. Thanks everyone.
Ya’ll are somthin’ special in this lil’ Texan’s heart.

May 18, 2012 at 08:26PM EDT
Quote

Revolver ChocOcelot wrote:

Wow, I’m in tears, I cannot believe how much it has changed our lives. I used to be an asshole of a person myself, I’ve done horrible things to my family and everyone I loved. I really had a terrrible mindset of hurting people before they would hurt me (A horrible breakup caused this, love can make you stupid.) Without this community, I probably would be alone and hopeless and on the verge of suicide. Thanks everyone.
Ya’ll are somthin’ special in this lil’ Texan’s heart.


May 18, 2012 at 08:56PM EDT
Quote

@Windigo:
I have the stupidest grin on my face right now.

May 18, 2012 at 09:16PM EDT
Quote

@Windigo

Such passion.
Such love.
Such adventure.

I died and went to heaven.

10/10, Masterpiece.

Last edited May 18, 2012 at 09:24PM EDT
May 18, 2012 at 09:23PM EDT
Quote

Sandstone wrote:


Smile, smile, smile…..

Oh Pyro, you always find the best art for Pinkie!
Also:

NO! YES!

May 18, 2012 at 09:26PM EDT
Quote

Pyro, your post reminded me of this image. I don’t know why though.

I really like this guys style of art.

May 18, 2012 at 10:51PM EDT
Quote

Zarathh wrote:

Pyro, your post reminded me of this image. I don’t know why though.

I really like this guys style of art.

You shall give me the source IMMEDIATELY!

May 18, 2012 at 11:23PM EDT
Quote

Pinkamina is offering hugs.

So, guess which pony I’m starting to like a crap ton?

For some reason. I’m also still contemplating suicide because of my revelation this morning, but that’s neither here nor there.

May 18, 2012 at 11:29PM EDT
Quote

I Was Phone wrote:

You shall give me the source IMMEDIATELY!

Thats FoxInShadow DA (NSFW)
Go to his DA profile. Note that it is NOT SAFE FOR WORK He draws enough adult matertial

I donated 50 points just so he would respond on my DA profile. Not quite sure what I got from that, especially considering that I gave up drawing.

Last edited May 18, 2012 at 11:35PM EDT
May 18, 2012 at 11:34PM EDT

@Lasers

For some reason. I’m also still contemplating suicide because of my revelation this morning, but that’s neither here nor there.

If you were looking for a way to draw more attention towards your posts, you found one.

Now I’m curious. Why?

May 18, 2012 at 11:46PM EDT
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Lasers

For some reason. I’m also still contemplating suicide because of my revelation this morning, but that’s neither here nor there.

If you were looking for a way to draw more attention towards your posts, you found one.

Now I’m curious. Why?

Alright, so, MONTHS ago, like last Summer, I had an idea for a fic. I just started writing it a while ago, but I was procrastinating.

I hit a groove, and now I’m nearing half-way done.

Bam! I realize out of the blue that the main character was subconsciously named after a Transformer.

You cannot imagine the sheer willpower it is taking me to keep the lid to my shark tank closed.

May 18, 2012 at 11:49PM EDT
Quote

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

Alright, so, MONTHS ago, like last Summer, I had an idea for a fic. I just started writing it a while ago, but I was procrastinating.

I hit a groove, and now I’m nearing half-way done.

Bam! I realize out of the blue that the main character was subconsciously named after a Transformer.

You cannot imagine the sheer willpower it is taking me to keep the lid to my shark tank closed.

So just rename the character.

May 18, 2012 at 11:52PM EDT
Quote

Revolver ChocOcelot wrote:

So just rename the character.

I’m making a big deal out of it for shits ‘n’ giggles. I don’t really care. If some Transformer fan points it out, it’s not gonna blow the thing up.

But I’m not changing it. I’m barely motivating myself to write it, much less making myself go back to change a set of words that’s present in half the damn paragraphs.

Edit: @ BSoD:

It’s a problem because HE’S NOT A TRANSFORMER! He was originally going to be, but now that’d just be silly!

Last edited May 18, 2012 at 11:57PM EDT
May 18, 2012 at 11:56PM EDT
Quote

Mmmm, hmm…no further questions. I say just write it anyway. Unless he’s named Optimus Prime or some other highly known Tansformer name or something; I don’t think anyone will take issue.

But a transformer that transformed into a pony would be interesting.

It would be like Beast Wars…with ponies.

Last edited May 19, 2012 at 12:00AM EDT
May 18, 2012 at 11:59PM EDT
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Mmmm, hmm…no further questions. I say just write it anyway. Unless he’s named Optimus Prime or some other highly known Tansformer name or something; I don’t think anyone will take issue.

But a transformer that transformed into a pony would be interesting.

It would be like Beast Wars…with ponies.

I meant… like…

A pony that turned into a monster truck, dude.

I was REEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAALLY high when I drew up the preliminary idea for this…

May 19, 2012 at 12:00AM EDT
Quote

A pony that turns into trucks? Are you crazy?…

…Because you took that out of the plot when its too awesome to leave out! Add it to the plot immediately!

I want to read your story of the monster truck that crushed Ponyville. I can picture it now: A pony going about his business then BAM becomes a monster truck out of friggen nowhere and starts running over buildings. I’m serious. Write that.

Last edited May 19, 2012 at 12:07AM EDT
May 19, 2012 at 12:04AM EDT
Quote

Im at the airport in San Fransisco waiting for someone and I was reading wired magazine. They had an article about how cartoons are so much better today. They talked quite a bit about mlp and Lauren Faust
>mfw

May 19, 2012 at 12:32AM EDT
Quote

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

So, I did the fanfic. It is, might I humbly say, the best shit ever.

Prepare yourself

….

So….

What do you think? :3

This is great! But Spike cannot stand upon his might, since you see when a mare needs to be comforted, she tells you it’s time to buy shoes, but she has all the shoes, so we really know she just needs more boots! Now everything makes sense. Forever.

Last edited May 19, 2012 at 01:24AM EDT
May 19, 2012 at 01:23AM EDT
Quote

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

Counter-question to answer your question:

Does a bear shit in the woods?

“Eww. No man, dat ain’t swagg.”

May 19, 2012 at 01:26AM EDT
Quote


Reckon that bear’s right. This is swag.

Also there’s person posting disturbing stuff on images.

May 19, 2012 at 01:40AM EDT
Quote

@Engie:
Yeah, it’s this guy. I hope the mods dispose of him. I already reported it to RM.

May 19, 2012 at 01:47AM EDT
Quote


I’ve seen this coming from a mile away to be honest with you all.

Last edited May 19, 2012 at 10:51AM EDT
May 19, 2012 at 10:50AM EDT
Quote

Zarathh wrote:

Are you guys proud to be a brony?

No, Its not an achievement or anything. I’m not ashamed or embarrassed, but Im not proud for liking it.

Last edited May 19, 2012 at 11:52AM EDT
May 19, 2012 at 11:51AM EDT
Quote

I realize that my previous question seemed a little redundant, but I just wanted to have a reason to post that song. But to make up for that, I’m taking up applications for the dark side.

May 19, 2012 at 12:04PM EDT
Quote

Zarathh wrote:

I realize that my previous question seemed a little redundant, but I just wanted to have a reason to post that song. But to make up for that, I’m taking up applications for the dark side.

Did you say make rainbows?

I’m in!

May 19, 2012 at 12:54PM EDT
Quote

“Hey Verbose, I’m going to write my letter to Princess Celestia now. Care to join me?”

May 19, 2012 at 02:00PM EDT
Quote

@Randoman
Can i come to?

May 19, 2012 at 02:06PM EDT

This Mandalorian was on the hunt again:



@Zarathh
I’m surprised I can still use my hand after that brofist…

@Lunar Dawn readers
Fear Not! For this night I will work diligintly on part 2, and hopefully it’ll be up no later than thursday!

@Best fanfic?
I’ve read several;
Continuing story: Fallout: Equestria
Sentimental/HNNNGG: My Little Dashie
Pyschological: John Milehaus’s “A Rose Reverie”
Horror/Shocking: (regrettably) Cupcakes
…this is from what I have read.

@The Dark Side?
It has its uses…
and the Dark Side is indeed stronger!

Last edited May 19, 2012 at 02:37PM EDT
May 19, 2012 at 02:34PM EDT
Quote

>dat feel when fellow users begin to think you’re obsessed with Twilight Sparkle

dat subsequent feel when they have a point

Come on, she’s funny and freakin’ adorable!


@sealclubba

See Vinyl


@Connor


Related: The crap, textile? I have other things to see to than memorizing HTML stuff.

Last edited May 19, 2012 at 03:09PM EDT
May 19, 2012 at 03:02PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!