Forums / Discussion / General

232,916 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
9Gag General

Last posted Sep 04, 2012 at 04:53PM EDT. Added Sep 04, 2012 at 09:53AM EDT
15 posts from 12 users

There was talk of a 9Gag General thread in another thread, and I didn't see one made, so I decided that this would be a good place to post most of the 9Gag-related discussion on the site.

I finally decided to spend a good amount of time at 9gag to see what all the fuss is about.
It was alright. Most of the images were decent, some made me chuckle and there were very few of the stereotypical "LE LE LE" rage comics or incorrectly used advice animals.

The problems I did have were that very few people used the original image source section on their images, instead leaving it blank. Also, the entirety of the recommended images section was nothing but rage comics.

Lastly, I was surprised and shocked to see various images made in memory of Michael Clarke Duncan, the man who played John Coffey in The Green Mile. It's very tragic to hear of his passing.

9gag isn't so bad, you've heard this said before, sorry for being late to say this.

Meh. It's not too bad. Mainly uninspired Rage Comics, but there are a few gems. There's no way they can orchestrate half of what they accused of doing though. I'm not sure about the stealing stuff from Reddit.

However, that opinion was pretty much already expressed in the previous post, and wasn't worth repeating. The real reason I came to this thread was to post a screenshot of how there are 3 9gag threads on the front page.

Last edited Sep 04, 2012 at 02:29PM EDT

Lodger (1979) wrote:

Meh. It's not too bad. Mainly uninspired Rage Comics, but there are a few gems. There's no way they can orchestrate half of what they accused of doing though. I'm not sure about the stealing stuff from Reddit.

However, that opinion was pretty much already expressed in the previous post, and wasn't worth repeating. The real reason I came to this thread was to post a screenshot of how there are 3 9gag threads on the front page.

Yes, and the reason I made this thread was to isolate the 9Gag discussion so no more threads are made, thank you very much.

Jack Candle wrote:

If I may, Mister J, wouldn't it be better to have it contained in this one thread than to lock it and have it just crop up elsewhere?

I really doubt that this thread would be serious discussion, and plus, there aren't that many news threads about 9gag. Yes, there are 2 right now, but 9gag isn't something worthy of discussion. Plus, it's better to have a event-related thread than just a plain complaint thread. This is like a Justin Bieber general.

I'm gonna ask some other mods to lock it if they agree.

Jack Candle wrote:

If I may, Mister J, wouldn't it be better to have it contained in this one thread than to lock it and have it just crop up elsewhere?

If we could manage to contain it in one thread. The 4chan attacks 9gag thread was created a couple minutes before Mr. J's announcement of his intent to lock. We'd have to redirect everyone, and we have 3 or 4 9gag convos going on at once right now. That would certainly create some chaos.

Also, like he said, it'll inevitably turn into a bashing thread – a majority of the forum users are anti-9gag, and it's always the haters that are more likely to post (there's some named adage that describes it, but the name totally escapes me at the moment). There is a 90% chance that unlike most threads here, it'll just turn into LELELELELELELE, unfortunately.

Last edited Sep 04, 2012 at 05:02PM EDT

I agree with Mister J. Most 9gag discussions aren't really discussions. We go around and around using the same arguments that have been brought up before. There's really no point, and it gets annoying to be honest. Also, this was made to control threads, but people have already disregarded it. Not to mention that 9gag isn't a topic that people want to constantly discuss. Re-locking.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!