Forums / Discussion / General

232,905 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
How To get Exposure To My Memes?

Last posted Nov 20, 2012 at 04:40PM EST. Added Nov 20, 2012 at 12:56AM EST
6 posts from 5 users

So I browse memebase a lot, and have made a few memes or "lols" as they are called myself. However none of them have received any votes, up or down and it has been quite a while since i made them. Now I'm not the best with making these lols, but I know I've made better ones than half the crap I see on the vote page.

So how do I get them recognized?

Oh, boy, here we go.

So here's the thing. One, I believe you mean "Image Macro". A meme is something that spreads and has derivatives, a macro is a single image that may or may not be based off of a meme. Two, you can't make a meme or macro popular. Meme-making is an organic process, that usually happens randomly (no matter how often the KYM commenters say "FORCED") and without control from the creator. It honestly happens out of the blue, usually. It's the people who see the original, spread it, and make derivatives who create and spread a meme.

I don't want to burst your bubble, but that's how it is.

Twilitlord wrote:

Oh, boy, here we go.

So here's the thing. One, I believe you mean "Image Macro". A meme is something that spreads and has derivatives, a macro is a single image that may or may not be based off of a meme. Two, you can't make a meme or macro popular. Meme-making is an organic process, that usually happens randomly (no matter how often the KYM commenters say "FORCED") and without control from the creator. It honestly happens out of the blue, usually. It's the people who see the original, spread it, and make derivatives who create and spread a meme.

I don't want to burst your bubble, but that's how it is.

I know, but I'm talking about memes on memebase. You know, a sister site to this one? Its apart of the cheeseburger network so I thought I'd ask here.

I think you are talking about making contributions to existing memes rather than completely new ones. That's what you do when you post on Memebase

Either way, the most you can do is try posting content you make in different places (EG: reblogging on Tumblr) but there's no guaranteeing that the internet will accept it just because you make it more apparent.

The only way for something to become a meme is to spread far and wide across the net and become somewhat of a common knowledge aspect. Doing this requires the rest of the internet to help you spread things around and you have no control over that at all.

If you just try and spread your own creations around yourself and hope it catches on, people will call that "meme forcing". Something that is considered a severe internet crime and people will utterly, mercilessly destroy you for your insolence.

Either people like it and spread it for you, or it goes nowhere.

My advice is to not worry about spread or recognition and just create something really original and clever. If the internet judges it to be worthy of being a meme, then it will take it the rest of the way for you (You will not be thanked for it). If not, then that's final

[edit]

Oh wait, you are only talking about Memebase stuff.

Well in that case just build up a reputation with the Memebase community and maybe you will be noticed more. Talk to people, make some friends etc etc

Last edited Nov 20, 2012 at 01:29AM EST

Please don't commit to getting exposure on your image macros.
Look, people don't like it when others ask how they can gain popularity on their memes.
Sure, we can help if it is a meme that has been going on for a long time, but we don't necessarily help people "create" memes.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!