Forums / Discussion / General

233,031 total conversations in 7,791 threads

+ New Thread

Crossover General: Because They're Commonplace Now

Last posted Jan 31, 2013 at 02:03PM EST. Added Jan 27, 2013 at 06:53PM EST
19 posts from 11 users

Seeing the SSB, PSASBR and PXZ threads all empty and dead, I thought it'd be a good idea to create a new thread just for crossovers in general. With more than one subject to rely on, the thread will more likely be lively. Now, on to the starting topics:

Super Smash Brothers
The next installment of the series will be revealed next E3 along side other big titles from Nintendo.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale
The new DLC, Kat (Gravity Rush), Emmett Graves (Starhawk) and the Heavenly Sword/Wipeout stage will be released next month free for two weeks.

Project X Zone
A localization of the game will reach America, Europe and Australia this summer with translated text and unaltered content.

Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
A new collaboration between Atlus and Nintendo will come to the 3DS soon.

Project Versus J
A new open-area fighting game made for Jump's 45th and V-Jump's 20th anniversaries was recently announced that so far includes Goku (Dragon Ball), Luffy (One Piece) and Toriko (Toriko) with more to be revealed.

You started a crossover thread but didn't mention Jimmy Timmy Power Hour?!

So as to add to the conversation, I hope they keep the Earthbound characters in Smash Bros 4. There hasn't been an Earthbound game for like 10 years (in the US at least), so they aren't really relevant to Nintendo anymore.

Last edited Jan 28, 2013 at 05:36PM EST

Lodger (1979) wrote:

So as to add to the conversation, I hope they keep the Earthbound characters in Smash Bros 4. There hasn't been an Earthbound game for like 10 years (in the US at least), so they aren't really relevant to Nintendo anymore.

Maybe Nintendo keep Earthbound in Smash Bros. as a way of saying they're releasing Mother 3 worldwide? Also to add, most of the characters are relevant to the Japanese audience more than the west. I mean, you can easily complain that Earthbound hasn't been released in America in ages, but it's never been released in Europe. They won't edit out popular IPs just for the west.

Lodger (1979) wrote:

Last edited Jan 28, 2013 at 06:13PM EST

Nothing can beat a an old cartoon that putted Scooby Doo, Batman And Robin, The Addams Family, Laurel And Hardy and The Three Stooges in the same univcerse:

Last edited Jan 28, 2013 at 07:41PM EST

So there's this arcade game in Japan called Lord of Vermilion that works like a card-based, tactic-type of game. While all fine and dandy, I noticed something about it…

It's one big ass crossover! Apparently it has characters from:

- Black Rock Shooter
- BlazBlue
- Drakengard
- Final Fantasy
- King of Fighters
- Magic: The Gathering
- Neir
- Persona
- Romancing Saga
- Sangokushi Taisen
- Secret of Mana
- Star Ocean
- Touhou
- Valkyrie Profile
- Witch on the Holy Night

Now I'm wondering why it isn't here…

Last edited Jan 29, 2013 at 08:11AM EST

This is just like Nendroid Generation all over again. Too bad Touhou is involved, so it will never see the light of day anywhere but Japan.

Too bad too, because the Wii U actually has a reader for this type of card stuff so it wouldn't require a special arcade cabinet.

Last edited Jan 29, 2013 at 04:33PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!