Forums / Discussion / General

232,976 total conversations in 7,790 threads

+ New Thread

So... Futurama is cancelled

Last posted May 04, 2013 at 05:42PM EDT. Added Apr 23, 2013 at 03:44PM EDT
22 posts from 19 users

What were the ratings of the last season like? If they were really poor, then… well… yeah, of course this is going to happen. If not, thwn Comedy Central hates money. Or maybe they're just pulling a New Coke and will bring it back again in order to renew people's interest.

It was time.

They had a good run, now they can finish off on a nice "final season" note. nbd.

Except for Phil. He is allowed to rage for once.

Serious Business wrote:

Futurama has been cancelled before. Twice, I think. I liked the second ending the best, but in any case, all shows end eventually. So: Futurama dies strong, and isn't going to pizzle out like the Simpsons.

About that….

Bart: Quality, schmality! If I had a TV show, I'd run that sucker into the ground.

the show has so much reply value, i can keep watching the same episodes/movies and keep laughing
the series could keep going for a wee bit more but it's quite okay in my terms because the series is so entertaining that i keep watching it

Futurama actually was in the shitter for ratings last season, they advertised well but i didn't even see it as funny and i laugh at someone shaking keys in front of me still. The season before last was hilarious and i've seen them in the past to be inconsistent like this, if they are coming back (which is most likely) they'll make you piss yourself.

Rimshot wrote:

Comedy central cancels all their good shows. It allll started when a black man went missing.

That reminds me of this image that I found when I heard about Futurama being cancelled…

But yeah, I've been hearing that Futurama was having ratings issues. And despite that fact, it still angers me that Tosh, despite being the most aggressively unfunny "comedian" ever, gets to keep his show.

Some world we live in, huh?

Meh. I'm sure it's just time for another network change or something. I mean they've been on like 4 different networks, right? Maybe they'll move to Si-Fi or something. Then again, I'll just leave with this quote from Matt Groening to EW:

“Perhaps Futurama will return in another form, on the Internet, or as a puppet show in the park, or maybe as a puppet show in the park on the Internet.”

I was unaware of this. Me. Unaware.

The first time in like 2 weeks I check the forums and this.

intervention

Well after me crying for 10 minutes, I must say that the show went on long enough. Another season and I think the show would have ended up like The Simpsons.

I salute the show, and hope it's legacy carries on or generations. Lest we forget.

(OH AND EVEN THOUGH NO ONE ON THE INTERNET LIKES THE SHOW I WATCH [and enjoy] FAMLY GUY]

Futurama canceled!? I know it's not the first time this has happened but…
Well at least it will get to end on a high note, which is really what I think is the best possible end for the series. Not some big epic finale, just a nice, funny episode that makes me laugh.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!