Forums / Discussion / General

232,905 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

KYM Science General

Last posted May 09, 2013 at 10:01PM EDT. Added May 07, 2013 at 10:22PM EDT
26 posts from 13 users

What is the approximate cost of a fixed oil platform when you forgo the installation of drilling and pumping equipment? I am considering the feasibility of founding a micronation on an oil platform style construction, and I want to figure out what the cost of the construction would be.

ConnerABacon wrote:

What is the approximate cost of a fixed oil platform when you forgo the installation of drilling and pumping equipment? I am considering the feasibility of founding a micronation on an oil platform style construction, and I want to figure out what the cost of the construction would be.

This is "Science" General, not "Civil Engineering and Economics" General.

…I guess I can try to bring some focus here.

First person who can correctly explain the importance of the frost line in planetary science, and tell what it means about the chemistry of life on Earth gets a free e-cookie.

Last edited May 08, 2013 at 04:10AM EDT

level4outbreak wrote:

So two atoms are talking to each other and one of them says, "I've lost an electron!" The second atom asks "Are you sure?" and the first atom replies, "I'm positive."

Fallout 3 at its finest…

Dark humor about cannibal clowns and atoms… somehow put a smile on my face each time.

Last edited May 08, 2013 at 03:23PM EDT

Laud "The Bear Jew" Piestrings wrote:

Fallout 3 at its finest…

Dark humor about cannibal clowns and atoms… somehow put a smile on my face each time.

Well, I heard that joke long before I ever played Fallout 3. In fact, I actually used that joke as kind of a running gag in a short story I wrote for a physics class assignment back in my junior year of high school. My teacher really liked it.

Sir Crona Crescent Duke of Landwales wrote:

Eugenists aren't scientists so much as public servants.

We are soldiers, but instead of fighting for the meaningless borders, we fight for humanity. Our enemies are neither the Axis or the Allies, they are the bad genes.

On a serious note, I wanted to be an engineer at first. Then I realized that I suck at math.

On the other hand, I like chemistry, and I'm looking forward to be a chemist when I get older.

Anybody else here a chemistry fan?

I'm more into Biology to be completely honest. I really like biology from an evolutionary standpoint.

Yes, Charles Darwin apparently tried to do this when he first found the Galapagos Tortoises.

Last edited May 08, 2013 at 10:37PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!