Forums / Discussion / General

232,904 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
Are muslim lands being occupied or is it the other way around?

Last posted May 31, 2013 at 01:32AM EDT. Added May 29, 2013 at 05:46AM EDT
32 posts from 13 users

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

I am sure most of you have heard that Afghanistan and Iraq are being occupied by the US, Palestine being occupied by Israel(even though it's more to do with reclaiming than occupying) and so on.
We all hear that Muslims land is being occupied by foreign non-Muslim forces in the media.
But why do Muslim occupied non-Muslim lands get so little attention.

Turkey invaded half of Cyprus and still occupies half of it to this day.
The Greek Cypriots(mainly Christian) were there in Cyprus much before the Turkish "Cypriots"(mainly Muslims).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_invasion_of_Cyprus

Byzantine was originally Catholic christian land. But it was invaded by the Muslim Ottomans(Turks).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine%E2%80%93Ottoman_Wars

India was much bigger back then than it is now. India has gotten smaller today due to the Muslim conquests.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_conquest_in_the_Indian_subcontinent

And there are more.

Make no mistake many countries have invaded and been invaded but why do the Muslim lands occupied by non-Muslims get so much media attention? Why do the non-Muslim lands occupied by Muslims get so little media attention?

Last edited May 29, 2013 at 05:51AM EDT

Muslim lands occupied by westerners gets a lot of attention in western media because our troops are there.

India was partitioned into Pakistan and India (later also Bangladesh) to give the Indian Muslims a homeland. The Indian Subcontinent has had a sizeable muslim population for centuries. I don't really consider that occupied.
Byzantium was conquered in the 1400s. It's too late to call that Christian lands; we haven't had a majority there for at least a few centuries.

Turkey has occupied a lot of lands that are Christian dominated, but after World War One it committed a lot of genocide. It's not Christian majority anymore, bar Cyprus.
The real issue in my mind is that there is ongoing mass persecution of Christians in the middle east that we flat out don't care about. The middle east has always had large Christian populations, but it looks like they won't last another generation, so many are being forced to emigrate.

tl;dr: Everyone is occupying everyone, although not everyone is as good as it as others.

The Iraq/Afghan war is far more recent than any of your other examples and their effects are still ongoing. Thus of course its going to get more media attention. Muslim occupations don't get any media attention because none have happened recently. Wars that happened centuries ago are not exactly on anyones mind.

Secondly, anything the US gets involved in will steal the limelight by default…because US.

Furthermore it sounds like you are equating the war in Afghanistan to a continuation to the Crusades. Why? None of these wars were a matter of "Christian vs Muslim". They were more of the same wars made for political power and gain or in the case of the US: retaliation.

I get especially annoyed when people act as though the US Afghanstan War was in any way related to the Crusades. That's what Al Qaeda thinks. George Bush did not say "Hey all church follows! Gets go out and conquer the holy land!" did he?

Say it was for oil or WMD's over some personal feud the Bush family had with the Hussiens, whatever the war was motivated by, it wasn't motivated by a will to destroy all Muslims. Lets not forget that the whole thing started with Osama Bin-laden and it ended with him too. The US was out to get just that one man and his followers. Not an entire religion.

You can't compare this one to any other war that was religiously driven. So can we please stop bringing Islam into the subject of the Iraq war?

Wsxdas, The Last Kramabender wrote:

Have you ever seen England?

correct me if i'm wrong:

a land of the celts, invaded by romans, then invaded by the saxons (some continental europeans), then Christianised, then invaded by vikings (sweedish/norwegian/danish), then invaded by danish and french

why all the fuss over england? we don't have any good weather.

@Blue Screen (of Death)
even if Bush did say that, the sacred place for abrahamic religions is in jerusalem

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Katie C. wrote:

Here's what's up in Palestine

Anyway, there's no reason that a one state solution isn't possible. The only obstacle is intolerance.

Really? This map again. Gee I wonder where Jordan. Did you know Jordan was part of British Palestine? And you do know that Mohammad killed Jews(and other non-Muslims)in the Koran right? Which was way before the Jews took Israel back.

Quran 8:12
"Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): "I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instill terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their fingertips off them."

Intolerance eh?

Last edited May 30, 2013 at 03:40AM EDT

wn12345 wrote:

Really? This map again. Gee I wonder where Jordan. Did you know Jordan was part of British Palestine? And you do know that Mohammad killed Jews(and other non-Muslims)in the Koran right? Which was way before the Jews took Israel back.

"Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): "I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instill terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their fingertips off them."

Intolerance eh?

Remember that part of the torah where they commit genocide twice? And the part where the Catholics had an inquisition?

I hate to break it to you, but no religion is free from historical wrongdoing. None. Also, no ethnicity has ever not had racists, and no government has ever not had corruption.

Islam just has the disadvantage of the majority of it's adherents living in a backwards and rather lawless region of the world. If the situation were reversed, and it was Muslims living in a cosy North American suberb and Christians living a still largely tribal existence in central asia, they'd probably be appalled at how intolerant and barbaric we seem.

wn12345 wrote:

Intolerance eh?

"Did you know Jordan was part of British Palestine?" No, I didn't. That's because you're wrong.

wn12345 wrote:

Lol I was just about to link the same thing. The Transjordan territory was still officially under British Mandate for Palestine.

I don't give a fuck what the hell it's called. The British Mandate for Palestine is just a name of a legal document. Even if it was called the Chinese Mandate for Albania, it wouldn't change the fact that it partitioned certain strips of land into two different protectorate states: Palestine and Transjordan.

Sorry buddy, you're still wrong.

Katie C. wrote:

I don't give a fuck what the hell it's called. The British Mandate for Palestine is just a name of a legal document. Even if it was called the Chinese Mandate for Albania, it wouldn't change the fact that it partitioned certain strips of land into two different protectorate states: Palestine and Transjordan.

Sorry buddy, you're still wrong.

And what are you implying with that information?

Katie C. wrote:

That you're a n00b who doesn't know shit and can't deal with being wrong.

Hows being a muslim like?

Last edited May 31, 2013 at 01:13AM EDT

You guys are done. The forum is not a place for this type of acrimony. If you wish to continue your discussion, post on each others' walls, or use PMs. Please refrain from this sort of confrontational and rude behavior on the forums.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!