Forums / Discussion / General

168,559 total conversations in 5,399 threads

+ New Thread

Survey of the Brony Subculture, 2nd edition

Last posted Jul 15, 2013 at 08:11PM EDT. Added Jul 10, 2013 at 09:35PM EDT
19 posts from 17 users

Hey people, I finally finished working on that survey Verbose and I started nearly a year ago. Anyways, you can read it here. Let me know what you think! And thanks to everyone way back when who helped with it!

Edit: You can read it under this spoiler too. I forgot Scribd lets you embed things.

Last edited Jul 10, 2013 at 09:38PM EDT
Jul 10, 2013 at 09:35PM EDT

I entered these threads just to see the facts and figures, but this….this is so detailed and laid out even better than the last, and well done.

Jul 11, 2013 at 01:44PM EDT

Brony or non-Brony, you gotta hand it to them for being so in depth with their studies. I mean, dang. That’s a lot of stuff.

Jul 11, 2013 at 03:17PM EDT

Oh boy. I’m looking forward to watching a thread simulator out of this.

Jul 11, 2013 at 03:47PM EDT

HOLY SHIT

this is the single most impressive thing i’ve seen on kym in all my years.

(lol nerds)

Jul 11, 2013 at 05:04PM EDT

The first little bit looks fantastic. I’m saving it for when I have the time to give it the attention it deserves.

Jul 11, 2013 at 06:14PM EDT

I am so proud of this fandom.

Also, congratulations on front page.

Jul 11, 2013 at 08:24PM EDT

Alright, I finally read the survey, and it was FANTASTIC. You guys really know how to put your data together. Great job.

Jul 11, 2013 at 11:22PM EDT

Thanks, guys, for reading and for your interest. I would like to say that even though I was involved at the beginning for conception and execution of the survey, opspe single-handedly wrote the paper. So all of the praise for how well-written and organized the paper is should go to him.

Jul 11, 2013 at 11:24PM EDT

Now I know what I am going to read before bed. Splendid job you two!

Jul 12, 2013 at 02:30AM EDT

Woah.
This is the most orderly, professional, and extensive report on anything I’ve ever seen.
Like, even some scientific studies and journal surveys don’t come close to this.
This doesn’t belong on a meme site, this belongs in some old important guy’s office at a university for intense review and stuff.
Well done.

Jul 12, 2013 at 08:22AM EDT

I find this very interesting,they did great job on this survey.

Jul 12, 2013 at 09:56AM EDT

I saw this thread and was going to berate you guys for doing it again without my editing help, but I’ve found no significant editing issues in the first ten pages; it looks really good, and I’m looking forward to finishing the whole thing.

I don’t know if you’re still looking for feedback, but the one thing I’d note is that the figure 3-5 maps don’t have a key, so it’s not fully clear what’s being represented. It’s certainly not central to your findings, so it’s not a big deal; I just get nit-picky.

Good job, guys!

Jul 15, 2013 at 06:09PM EDT

Thanks for the input everyone.

@Brucker: They do, it’s just below them. LaTeX is…nitpicky when it comes to such things and where it can place them. I agree that it could have been clearer, though.

Jul 15, 2013 at 08:11PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!