Forums / Discussion / General

232,915 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

X Threads (KYM Paranormal General)

Last posted Oct 23, 2013 at 02:03PM EDT. Added Oct 12, 2013 at 12:05PM EDT
18 posts from 12 users

Since today is October I decided that this would be the opportune time to make a thread for all things spooky and supernatural. The rules are simple. Any subject of the paranormal is allowed like UFOs, Cryptids, Ghosts, Demons, Fortean phenomena, Psychics, and even the Occult. Also this thread allows other media that deals with the paranormal as it's main topic like Creeypasta, Games,Movies, Art, and Writings. In laymen's terms this is the KYM equivalent to the /x/ board but with less 4chan.

Remember those old Spongebob episodes witch some of us used to watch in 1999 from season one? Well, recently, a secret episode has been discovered from that time period.

The other day, I was searching through my computer when I came across a Notepad document deep within System 32. Having no idea how it got there, I scanned it for viruses. It had one Trojan in it. I deleted it and opened it up. All that was printed was one website link, followed by the following gibberish: "Akladsjaoao4|f" Having not a single clue what it meant, I continued by putting the site link (which I won't tell you in case anyone out there if fucking stupid enough to try it) into my web browser. It took me to a site, where there was a black background and a huge button. It had the same text on it that was in the Notepad document. I clicked it, and it brought up a download link. The file wanted to be downloaded was called "spongecry.avi".

As crazy as I am, I went ahead and downloaded it. Big mistake. The second the download finished (which was 4.6 megabytes) my computer made the weirdest sound ever, and turned off. As I tried to reboot it, nothing happened. The file must have destroyed my computer. As upset as I was, I realized I was on my old PC. I hopped over on my Mac and redownloaded it. This time, there was no problem. What was downloaded was the single .avi file. I played it.

The movie clip was six minutes and four seconds long. It started out as any Spongebob episode would, except the color was distorted, and when he got to playing the flute with his nose, it immediately went to the title screen. All that was on the title screen was the following words: "Spongebob Cry", only there wasn't any jaunty music like there usually was. It lasted about two and a half seconds. It didn't show who the writers and directors were; I just assumed that whoever put it online had edited it for time or something.

The episode started out inside Spongebob's house. It showed Spongebob sitting in his red chair. The strange thing was, all of the other furniture was gone. Spongebob was crying. Very hard. But, it didn't sound anything like it does when Spongebob normally cries. It sounded like a real, human cry. But it was still different. It sounded so real and intense. Spongebob was absolutely bawling. He was ripping chunks out of the chair. Then, the camera zoomed really close in on his face, but it is the kind of zoom as if it was being video taped by a real person. Then, the camera zoomed out to show a rotting corpse of Gary laying on the floor in front of him. It was very disturbing.

Gary was absolutely mauled to death. His eyes were laying on the floor, his shell was cracked to reveal a very gross image of the inside of Gary (which looked a whole lot more like what would have really happened in the episode where Gary loses his shell). The camera was moving around like crazy. Spongebob suddenly got out of his chair and ran. Ran straight forward. Then, the episode stops moving for about one second, then it goes to black for two seconds, then it comes back with Spongebob's face pressed against the camera, with his mouth exploded open and eyes black, and a deafeningly loud scream. I jolt up and turn my volume down. And then, the camera starts moving around like insanity; you can't even tell what is going on.

The clip then goes to black for one minute and thirty-eight seconds. It comes back, inside the Krusty Krab, dead silent. All of a sudden, the same face that was pressed against the camera appeared, but this time, the scream was LITERALLY deafeningly loud. But it only lasted for about a fourth of a second. Then, for the rest of the movie, it goes back to Spongebob crying in the chair, but after every ten seconds, Spongebob gets just a little bit more decayed, and the sound gets a little more distorted. By the end, all there is left is static and screaming. Then you can see Spongebob running again in the background of the static.

For the last four seconds, there is text on the screen that reads "oen timd acshun wil be bdaldly." Exactly that, as if it was written by a preschooler. After the clip finished, my computer shut down.

After seeing this video, I have never been the same. I've been angrier, crueler, and more anxious than ever before. It has haunted my mind all the time. I regret downloading the video in the first place. I wish I could just go back in tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Akladsjaoao4|f.

Let's take a salamander or newt and assume it evolved in a cold lake. To prevent hypothermia it probably evolved to be large as its larger volume would let less heat escape (this is known as gigantothermy). We could also say that its large size limits its land mobility so it prefers to stay in the water, so it probably has flippers instead of feet. Perhaps it also has external gills like an axolotl that from a distance may look like horns. Since salamanders and newts have long tails it could provide balance to let it raise its head out of the water. Perhaps it even has a long neck to more easily catch fish! So, what kind of creature did I propose? Considering plesiosaurs could not actually raise their necks out of the water who's to say the Loch Ness Monster couldn't be an amphibian? I really wish I had a scanner to show my hypothetical art but… Anyone up for an art challenge?

One time, at my work place, it was getting pretty misty and silent. We were working night shifts, I worked on the grill at that time.

All I know is that he told me that there was someone about to apply to work here, but had a unfortunate accident when walking across the street, and he jokingly says that the ghost of that person haunts the place. I did not believe it and went back to work. After a few minutes of making the burgers, however not very many people were here, scratch that, no one was here except for me, my co-worker and my boss. Suddenly, the lights started flickering in a pattern. I got kind of worried, as my fellow employee had told me that the lights would flicker, signalling the arrival of the deceased man. A bit jarred, I continued work. The lights kept flickering, my boss didn't come out of his office. I came to check on him, knocked on his door the to find him completely normal. I told him what my co-worker said about this paranormal activity and he laughed. He did not believe it. By that type of laughter, I started to grow less and less scared of the atmosphere, and I joyously continued checking up on the supplies and the burgers. That did not end there, my employee said before when talking about the ghost that a blank phone call would ring up, and that just exactly just happened. We dismissed it as a prank, or a failed call at the most, but something in my head kept telling me it was the spirit that haunted this place.

I grew somewhat more worried and worried. That is when even more stranger things happened. My co-worker talked about slime that oozed out of walls when the spirit was near, and I did not think ever such thing could happen, but I was wrong. A lot of disgusting, green and slimy liquid started oozing out of the foundation and the walls of the building. They somehow evaporated while the lights were flickering, and I think they did not leave any smell, sound or notice of it ever being here. I wanted to dismiss this as being hallucinations. Then something came out of a bus, a similar bus that my employee described at the scene of the crime about the ghost. I grew intensely scared, my co-worker, showing next to no emotion, began increasingly getting scared and stuttering. The body walked up to the door and knocked with a piercing sound with its deformed right hand. The door opened. It walked into the light and said:

"Hi, I'd like to apply for the job."

LittleBlueDragon wrote:

Let's take a salamander or newt and assume it evolved in a cold lake. To prevent hypothermia it probably evolved to be large as its larger volume would let less heat escape (this is known as gigantothermy). We could also say that its large size limits its land mobility so it prefers to stay in the water, so it probably has flippers instead of feet. Perhaps it also has external gills like an axolotl that from a distance may look like horns. Since salamanders and newts have long tails it could provide balance to let it raise its head out of the water. Perhaps it even has a long neck to more easily catch fish! So, what kind of creature did I propose? Considering plesiosaurs could not actually raise their necks out of the water who's to say the Loch Ness Monster couldn't be an amphibian? I really wish I had a scanner to show my hypothetical art but… Anyone up for an art challenge?

Even though its only about 6 ft long, there is the giant Chinese salamander.

Hey does anybody here remember that one episode of Hey Arnold where he, Gerald, and Helga go to a train station at night to investigate an urban legend about a ghost train? Because I found a video that talks about one in Stockholm Sweden.

CrowTheMagician wrote:

Hey does anybody here remember that one episode of Hey Arnold where he, Gerald, and Helga go to a train station at night to investigate an urban legend about a ghost train? Because I found a video that talks about one in Stockholm Sweden.

Oh yeah, the train that takes the passengers to hell. I remeber that episode , good times…. Good times….

A couple of months ago, my friend's cousin (a single mother) bought a new cell phone. After a long day of work, she came home, placed her phone on the counter, and went watch to TV; her son came to her and asked if he could play with her new phone. She told him not to call anyone or mess with text messages, and he agreed.
At around 11:20, she was drowsy, so she decided to tuck her son in and go to bed. She walked to his room and saw that he wasn't there. She then ran over to her room to find him sleeping on her bed with the phone in his hand.

Relieved, she picked her phone back up from his hand to inspect it. Browsing through it, she noticed only minor changes such as a new background, banner, etc., but then she opened up her saved pictures. She began deleting the pictures he had taken, until only one new picture remained.

When she first saw it, she was in disbelief. It was her son sleeping on her bed, but the picture was taken by someone else above him… and it showed the left half of an elderly woman's face.

In 2010, my family visited Disney World. We happily rode the Small World ride. I was 12 at the time and my sister was 8. We loved every moment and our parents smiled with nostalgia.

At one time near the end, some lights suddenly shut off and rear lights illuminated the ceiling. The moving display parts shut off and crew members wearing red overalls walked along them to help passengers in the boats onto the stages to direct them out of the building via emergency exits.

A voice came over the loudspeakers. "Disney World thanks you for your visit. Please evacuate the attraction in an orderly fashion. Keep looking forward and follow the directions of staff. Thank you."

The staff wouldn't tell us much as they quickly ushered us out of the building. Ambulances were outside and a police car was parked in the main walkway. At the time, my mother still had her camera out and snapped a few photos of the crewmen and close-ups of the mechanical children.

She snapped a few last-minute photos of whatever to use up the last of the roll of film on the camera, since we were going to develop them later that afternoon, anyway. This was the last photo on the reel, aimed at the ceiling at the attraction:

Look a bit closer. Remember the red overalls?

In Corona, California there once was a road known by most locals as the Never-Ending Road. Specifically, the road's true name was Lester Road. Now, over twenty years later, the landscape of Corona has changed, and the Never-Ending Road is no more. However, years ago, Lester Road was an unlit road that people claimed became a never ending road when driven at night. The people who made such a drive were never seen or heard from again.
The legend became so well-known that people refused to even drive Lester Road during the day. One night, like many teens my age, I drove up Lester Road, but only a short distance, and in my headlights it did look like it went on forever. Frightened, I quickly turned around, because if I continued up the road, I thought I might never return again.

Perpetuation of the legend convinced local law enforcement to investigate. Lester Road took a sharp left turn at its end, and there were no guard rails. Beyond the curve lay a canyon, and on the other side of the canyon was another road that lined up so well with Lester Road that when viewed from the correct angle, especially at night, the canyon vanished from sight, and the road seemed to continue on up and over the hill on the other side of the canyon. Upon investigation of the canyon, dozens of cars were found, fallen to their doom, with the decomposing bodies of the victims still strapped to their seats.

icey the penguin wrote:

A couple of months ago, my friend's cousin (a single mother) bought a new cell phone. After a long day of work, she came home, placed her phone on the counter, and went watch to TV; her son came to her and asked if he could play with her new phone. She told him not to call anyone or mess with text messages, and he agreed.
At around 11:20, she was drowsy, so she decided to tuck her son in and go to bed. She walked to his room and saw that he wasn't there. She then ran over to her room to find him sleeping on her bed with the phone in his hand.

Relieved, she picked her phone back up from his hand to inspect it. Browsing through it, she noticed only minor changes such as a new background, banner, etc., but then she opened up her saved pictures. She began deleting the pictures he had taken, until only one new picture remained.

When she first saw it, she was in disbelief. It was her son sleeping on her bed, but the picture was taken by someone else above him… and it showed the left half of an elderly woman's face.

that's creepy

Who here has ever heard of the Octavius? Well the Octavius was a ghost ship, the story goes that the vessel was found west of Greenland by the whaler Herald on October 11, 1775.
Boarded as a derelict, the boarding party found the entire crew below deck: dead, frozen, and almost perfectly preserved. The captain's body was supposedly still at the table in his cabin, pen in hand (exactly as in the Schooner Jenny legend) with the captain's log in front of him. In his cabin there was also a dead woman, a dead boy covered with a blanket and a dead sailor with a tinderbox. The boarding party took only the captain's log before leaving the vessel, because they were unwilling to search it. The last entry in the log was from November 11, 1762, which meant that the ship had been lost in the Arctic for 13 years. As the log was frozen, it slipped from the binding, leaving only the first and the last few pages in.
The story's supposed background is that the Octavius had left England for the Orient in 1761, and successfully arrived at its destination the following year. The captain gambled on a return through the treacherous and then little known Northwest Passage, with the unfortunate result of trapping the vessel in sea ice north of Alaska; thus, the Octavius had made the Northwest Passage posthumously. The ship was never seen again after its encounter with the Herald (being carried away by the streams and wind in the night after their encounter). The ship's last recorded position while the crew was still alive was 75°N 160°W, about 250 miles north of Barrow, Alaska, while the ship was discovered near Greenland.

This ship and its story is seemingly one of the inspirations for the setting events in Tardi's graphic novel, Le démon des glaces ("The Demon of Ice"), 1974. Set in 1889, a passenger carrying loafer named L'Anjou passing the Barents Sea has an (as it turns out) fatal encounter with a strange, ghostly ship which is somehow stranded on the top of a huge iceberg. The ship is called The Iceland Loafer, and when the crew of L´Anjou enters it by ascending the iceberg, the full crew of the loafer is found as mentioned above, including the captain in his cabin, mysteriously pointing in his frozen state to a certain point on his naval map (where they actually are). Immediately afterwards, their mother ship, L´Anjou is blown up in front of their eyes, and they're now stranded on the ghost ship… another inspiration could be the Jenny or (less possible) the strange case of Mary Celeste.

The Octavius is featured in a naval mission in the video game Assassin's Creed III where the main character, Connor, is searching for clues to the whereabouts of Captain Kidd's lost treasure.

Last edited Oct 19, 2013 at 01:59AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!