Forums / Discussion / General

234,661 total conversations in 7,810 threads

+ New Thread

KYM MTG General

Last posted Dec 18, 2013 at 08:02AM EST. Added Dec 11, 2013 at 10:03PM EST
18 posts from 5 users

Cale wrote:

I figure Bolas being behind everything is a given.

Bolas must be the reason why I never fucking draw a land until I've mulligained down to four cards, why Congregate hasn't been banned from standard yet, and why I never draw Shipbreaker Kracken without wasting a diabolic tutor. Fucking elder dragons.

EDIT: I bet you Bolas is behind Congregate existing in the first place…

Last edited Dec 12, 2013 at 04:52PM EST

Sir Crona Crescent Duke of Landwales wrote:

Bolas must be the reason why I never fucking draw a land until I've mulligained down to four cards, why Congregate hasn't been banned from standard yet, and why I never draw Shipbreaker Kracken without wasting a diabolic tutor. Fucking elder dragons.

EDIT: I bet you Bolas is behind Congregate existing in the first place…

now he's also responsible for creating overpowered card that was late in standard

So, what kind of decks does KYM use? I use a nonstandard Dimir deck that I call "The invisible wall of Fuck You." It's just filled with the spells that say "Fuck you," complete with mill cards (Crypt incursion, Wight of precinct Six, etc.) Plenty of cipher cards, and then… TWO of this bastard.

Last edited Dec 14, 2013 at 12:02PM EST

I've been getting interested in MTG again lately, but since I haven't been playing for a good 10 years, it's pretty much impossible to find some friends to play with anymore.

Only one of my friends who played back in the day is still around, and he doesn't even know where his Sliver and Zombie decks are.

What kind of decks does KYM use?

I've got 4 decks myself. Three casual decks with pretty mediocore tactics, and one tougher deck.

First is a mostly Blue land manipulator / cloner deck with big islandwalkers and a Nightveil Specter.

At the moment, I have a Stormtide Leviathan, Inkwell Leviathan, and a Benthic Behemoth on it, but I'd need more to be able to draw them consistently, so I count it as a work in progress deck.

It also needs more cards like Reef Shaman, Dream Thrush, and Phantasmal Terrain on it.

Another casual deck is a Black and White Cleric deck that prevents damage, and uses Doubtless One's by either making them unblockable, sacrificing them with Starlit Sanctum (and then reanimating them), or just using Profane Prayers for damage.

It's got pretty old cards, so modern day Cleric decks are bound to be more efficient.

The third deck has got some newer cards to it, and it's a pretty straightforward Red and Green Mana Acceleration deck with big creatures. Nothing more to it.

The final and more serious deck is my basic mono Black Reanimator deck, that has tons of big creatures like Sphinx of Steel Wind, Inkwell Leviathan, Sheoldred, Crosis, Rorix, Verdant Force, Avatar of Woe, etc. Lots of discarders, and a ton of spells to reanimate them from the graveyard.

It's also got a Predator Flagship on it for lols. Make the big ones fly, and/or destroy creatures regardless of color protection. It's pretty expensive, but I love it anyway.

Cale wrote:

On occasion, usually with open hands and poor man's for the stupidest games you've ever seen.

i fucking hate making pauper decks, it takes me HOURS

i'm like "oh this card is gre- oh it's a rare…but this card right her- oh it's an uncommon…" this goes on for days

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!