Forums / Discussion / General

232,905 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
Unpopular opinions general. Discussion

Last posted Apr 29, 2014 at 07:41PM EDT. Added Apr 29, 2014 at 01:28PM EDT
8 posts from 6 users

This thread is for the purpose of discussing the opinions on the unpopular opinion thread. This was made so as not to derail to unpopular opinion thread as proposed by blue screen of death.
If there was an opinion that you hated and wanted to retort to this is the place to do it
However i ask that you don't mention the name of the person who your retorting to (i don't want anyone getting attacked for there opinion)

I think we need another thread to discuss the discussions of this thread's discussion of unpopular opinions about the discussion about threads covering discussion of unpopular opinions

so on the other thread someone, (who's name will not be stated) said that Vietnam veterans deserved to be treated like shit. There is so much wrong with that statement, can someone explain to me how exactly a person deserves to be treated like that. And before you start pointing out any war crimes committed in Vietnam understand that not all soldiers in that war committed any atrocities.
And to the person who responded to the transgender thing, you may have a point. But i'll have to look into it more

TripleA9000 wrote:

so on the other thread someone, (who's name will not be stated) said that Vietnam veterans deserved to be treated like shit. There is so much wrong with that statement, can someone explain to me how exactly a person deserves to be treated like that. And before you start pointing out any war crimes committed in Vietnam understand that not all soldiers in that war committed any atrocities.
And to the person who responded to the transgender thing, you may have a point. But i'll have to look into it more

Wasn't Vietnam a war that people were drafted in involuntarily? I may have my unpopular wars mixed up but it's pretty fucked up if people who were involuntarily part of a war got treated like shit because they were a part in said war they were forced into. I really don't like the idea of military being treated like shit for being military anyway, but that's a whole 'nother issue.

I appreciate your willingness to look into the transgender topic. I frankly gave a pretty scrubby explanation since I myself don't understand it entirely, but it's still an interesting subject worth trying to understand.

Verbose and I came to the conclusion that having an opinion thread and not expecting arguments alongside it is kinda flawed.

Isn't explaining your opinion with arguments kinda the point of an opinion thread?

Anyways, go the the first thread, this is getting the lock.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!