Forums / Discussion / General

232,908 total conversations in 7,789 threads

+ New Thread

[ANGRY FIELDS OF TEXT] - The Rant Thread

Last posted May 07, 2014 at 03:29PM EDT. Added Apr 30, 2014 at 07:45PM EDT
16 posts from 14 users

Restaurants that give you ice in your water when the temperature outside is -5°F (about -20°C). Plus movie theater popcorn, it's made to be salty so they make money on us buying sodas. Plus airline food, it's as if they want you to be more sick. And what about yogurt cups? The hole is so small and the bottom so wide, I just want the last bits of yogurt! Speaking of wasting space, chip bags, where can I get my air supply when the damn chips are using up all the space?

I hate it when every class in school comes to a head at the same time and dumps a bunch of shit to do in a couple weeks
Like damn I still gotta finish an MIP2 film project, an Animation final, and my thesis paper for Animation History

Krusty Kreme wrote:

Thread to blow off steam and to get your point across.

I'm going to blow off steam because you goddamn started a thread about damned rants without giving one of your own, you moron.

Goddamnit.

Gary wrote:

Restaurants that give you ice in your water when the temperature outside is -5°F (about -20°C). Plus movie theater popcorn, it's made to be salty so they make money on us buying sodas. Plus airline food, it's as if they want you to be more sick. And what about yogurt cups? The hole is so small and the bottom so wide, I just want the last bits of yogurt! Speaking of wasting space, chip bags, where can I get my air supply when the damn chips are using up all the space?

I know right? Chips are supposed to take up most of the space, not air!

What I also don't get is how I got more homework last weekend than on Spring break?
Why?

Actually I have real rant:
I went to see The Amazing Spider Man 2 yesterday and what really grinds my gears it's when people bring their small children or even babies to see a movie like that (You know, big explosions and such).
And ALL they do is ask, and talk, and cry. "Who is that? What are they doing? Look at that!". I gotta say that it's okay bring your child to see a super hero movie, but at least tell them TO SHUT THE HELL UP. But a baby? A BABY? It started crying beacause of the loud opening sequence, at least the mother was decent enough to leave the room until the baby went sleep again.

In short: DON'T BRING YOUR LITTLE CHILDREN TO THE MOVIES. But if you do, control them.

Last edited May 03, 2014 at 03:15PM EDT

Bruno the Rustler wrote:

I went to see The Amazing Spider Man 2 yesterday and what really grinds my gears it's when people bring their small children or even babies to see a movie like that (You know, big explosions and such).
And ALL they do is ask, and talk, and cry. "Who is that? What are they doing? Look at that!". I gotta say that it's okay bring your child to see a super hero movie, but at least tell them TO SHUT THE HELL UP. But a baby? A BABY? It started crying beacause of the loud opening sequence, at least the mother was decent enough to leave the room until the baby went sleep again.

In short: DON'T BRING YOUR LITTLE CHILDREN TO THE MOVIES. But if you do, control them.

Not just the movies pal, ANY public entertainment place contains small kids talking 24/7 and babies crying. I cannot tell you how many times i have been at a place with many people there and hear WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH and WOHOOOO! HAHAAAAAAA! At high pitch voices.
Just makes my oversensitive ears go in a coma where they can do nothing but transmit loud noises to my brain.

@Bruno the Rustler
Those people are the worst of the worst of the worst kind of people. Get a fucking babysitter.

Anyway, want to know what really scrambles my testicles? Water stages in video games. WHY do they always have to suck? In Sonic you're slow as shit and you have keep grabbing bubbles. In the SNES Donkey Kong games they're way too difficult and the controls are shit.
And how about that infamous Water Temple in OoT? Switching the boots is fine, but why is it such a confusing maze of a dungeon? The one dungeon where you might get lost a lot and have to backtrack, and it's the one where you're slow and have to go to the menu all the time.
Even in Starfox 64, where you expect you can just fly around like normal they have to fuck them up. The list goes on and on.

You wanna know what else really overcooks my spaghetti? Those GOD DAMNED clamshell packages. You know, like scissors and stuff, they come in like those plastic pieces of shit you can't get open. I know it's cliché to complain about it, but when there exist a five-part tutorial on how to open them, then maybe it just fucking sucks.

Bruno the Rustler wrote:

What's more annoying is this:

When I went to see "The Avengers" a couple years back, there was a family sitting behind mine and the children in the family were chatting it out. What is more infuriating is that their parents DIDN'T even try to silence them.

Last edited May 03, 2014 at 06:48PM EDT

Ooooo we're talking about theater related rants? Count me in!
When I went to see Frozen with my boyfriend and his family we were sitting right behind this woman. Now, I was talking to my boyfriend through most of the previews and once the Mickey Mouse short before the movie started the woman in front of us turned around and asked us to be quiet. Fair enough, I wasn't talking very loudly but it wasn't exactly a whisper either, and hey maybe she actually cared about the animated short playing before the movie. Went through the rest of the movie with no issues, but after the movie my boyfriend's mom and sister (who were sitting next to us and were diagonal from this woman) complained that the woman had her phone out and was blinding them with the light for literally the entire movie. Now, we all know that these days the little psa's before the movie about being considerate of others while the movie is playing focuses on cell phones more than anything else. It's no mystery that having your phone out during a movie is rude (even if you aren't making calls on it), so it baffled me that this woman had the balls to tell us to stop talking when the actual movie wasn't even playing but then decided to not even pay attention to the movie and distract others in the process. Ironically enough I didn't have a problem with kids being loud during the movie.

When it comes to kids being crazy in public places I get much angrier at the parents that don't give a shit and don't attempt to keep the kids quiet more than I'm angry at the kids themselves being obnoxious.

Last edited May 03, 2014 at 07:11PM EDT

Alright, I've got a couple of movie theater stories myself:
1. Too many times have I sat/my family sat near loud people with no respect for others. For example, when me and my friend went to see Alice in Wonderland , there were teens behind us that were high. They wouldn't shut up, and it didn't help that we arrived late and we were in the front, and it was a 3D showing no less >.> Another time, when me and my brother went to the midnight showing of The Avengers there was this group behind us that had to comment on every little thing. I hate that so much.
2. When the entire family went to see Skyfall , there was this old couple, again, behind us that were also the commentator type. Plus, there was this family in front of us that had kids too young for a Bond flick. What the heck!
3. My brother was annoyed at a group of guys behind us during Frozen , but I thought their commentary was funny (especially during 'Let it Go', when Elsa put those hips to work haha)

BONUS: I just remembered when I went to Transformers 2 with a group of friends, and there was this mother with a BABY. Uh, it's Transformers, it's gonna be loud. The baby was screaming for a while, and fortunately she left about halfway through to quiet it down. Don't recall if she returned.

Okay, here's what I think is a load of bullshit.

My older sister lives in the same neighborhood as my parents and myself. On two separate occasions, a friend of hers was going out of town (about 7-10 days each trip) and asked my sister to watch her dog. The dog was a pit/boxer mix, but very timid even around people she knew. First time went just fine. Second time, my sister's neighbors complained about the dog barking and not being on a leash. The leash thing was just right in front of her door. Not a big deal, but a normal thing to complain about. However, once the reports were received, somebody on the management staff apparently questioned the breed of the dog. Pits, boxers, german shepherds, dalmatians, huskies, and dogs over 50 lbs are evidently not allowed in this neighborhood. My sister was forced to get rid of the dog and take her to an animal hospital and wait till the owner returned. This of course broke her and my mom's heart, as they had bonded with the dog, and seeing them like that made me angry enough to burn a building down. Why? Because you spend 10 fucking minutes in this neighborhood and you clearly see other people who have boxers, huskies, or some breed that is obviously restricted walking around and nobody gives a shit. Someone who lives right across from me had a boxer (who probably died of old age) for years upon years and didn't get any shit about it. The attention was brought to the breed because the dog was reported… Dogs that don't get reported don't get their breed questioned, which is absolute bullshit. If they're going to have a rule like this, then they need to enforce it fairly and proactively. Tell people the rules before they get a dog, and check with people before they move in. Don't just let it slide until some random person reports a dog for something unrelated. Make a rule that you can equally enforce, or don't make the fucking rule at all.

This is what really rustles my jimmies.
1.) People who won't shut up about one thing. Like when they find something amusing to them and just throw it around forever and they expect you to get it. And when you do, it gets old quickly and it's not funny/amusing for you anymore
2.) When the servers are down for you but for everybody else it works. Like when your friend hosts a game and your other friends get in fine except you. Especially when you have great Wi-Fi/ connection
3.) In-App purchases for mobile games. Like take ads off and extra 2nd credit. Taking ads off is just stupid because unless they get in your way every 3 seconds, you just turn on airplane mode and they won't bother you. And for in game cash, why are some things like $100 for 1,000 diamonds or something, like really, who's gonna use that much things other than coins and such.
4.) Over-reacting. It's just a little thing, there's no need to go "OMG HE OFFENDED ME!" or "OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH, HE SAY HE AIN'T GOT NO NIPPLE!" , there is no need to do that crap because all it is is just nothing-ness
5.) Internet fights over the slightest things. Arguing on the internet is like seeing a piece of shit on the sidewalk. Instead of going "Ew god it's stinks! Who put this pile of shit here? I hate them!". You just ignore it and continue your day.

I know this has been something that's been said to death, but Autocorrect for Apple is just a pain in the rear end. I like using the iPad for KYM, but it really gets annoying once you're typing a comment and Autocorrect just replaces your words right behind your back. I mean, it sometimes even replaces words that actually exists. It can be helpful from time to time, but Autocorrect is one annoying feature of Apple products.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!