Forums / Discussion / General

232,905 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

KYM Dog Appreciation!

Last posted Oct 05, 2014 at 01:50PM EDT. Added Oct 04, 2014 at 05:53PM EDT
7 posts from 7 users

Because it's rainy and nasty out where I am, I've devoted the afternoon to looking at videos and pictures of dogs-- since I'm away from home I sadly can't play with my own dog at the moment. Still, dogs are my favorite animals. There's been one in my family since I was born; our family favors black lab/border collie mixes. We've traditionally only rescued/adopted.

I think my favorite thing about dogs is how they love their humans unconditionally. My extended family has some great dogs that are totally 100% like this. One of them associates me with belly rubs, so whenever he sees me, he flops down on the floor and whines loudly until I rub his belly. The other one likes to jump up and lick your face if you try to ignore her.

My own current dog's a little, er, special, since we rescued her. She's quiet and stays away from people a lot, gets really friendly around the dinner table. She'll sit by your side and either rest her head on your leg or lick your knee every now and then to remind you she's there. Sometimes, we'll see a little black nose peeking up from over the dinner table, followed by a tongue trying to reach one of the plates-- she's pretty insistent! The best, though, is when we have pasta for dinner: when we feed her strands of pasta, she chomps down on them like a big spazz.

Anyways, I'm not even going to ask if there are any other dog lovers around because I'm completely certain there are on a site this big. I will ask if anyone has any other fun dog stories Do you have a preference for breed or gender? Do you adopt/rescue or purchase from a breeder? I'd love to hear more fun things about dogs from everyone!

jack candle loves dogs.

I have a 4 year old wheaten terrier named bailey, and he's hilarious but he has a bad case of social anxiety so that doesn't always end up in the best way.

I own four dogs all rescued from the shelter except for one where we bought at a pet shop.

Paying for the little black yorkie poodle was so worth it. She's my little princess ~<3

Last edited Oct 04, 2014 at 06:56PM EDT

I really wish I could get my own dog. I feel a great love for basically any animal (even the non-cuddly ones) but there's something about dogs that I feel a special connection with. Sadly I have to settle with just seeing my dad's dogs when I visit them. He has a Beagle that he's owned since she was a puppy and a Golden Retriever he adopted at about 6 years old from his in-laws after he started being too much for them (and boy is he a fucking handful). They're both such attention whores, always fighting to get more affection than the other dog, and they're the best to cuddle with on the couch. They love begging at the table (I blame my dad always giving them table scraps) and they just make me so happy when I'm around them. When I get my own dog I'm definitely going for smaller breeds. My favorite breeds are Beagles, Corgis, and Pugs.

I own a Rottweiler myself. Outside of that I like Bernese Mountain Dogs, Huskies, Golden Retrievers, and others like that. I just really love big dogs ok.

My love for big dogs probably started at a young age. At around age 2-4 I used to stay with my grandparents each morning because my parents had to work. They owned a Bouvier which was trained to follow and protect my uncle (wheelchair and that). So once I started going there, he started to follow and protect me because I was the new helpless tiny person. So basically I constantly had a big dog following toddler me everywhere which I could do everything to. There have been cases where I just fell asleep on him.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!