Forums / Discussion / General

232,908 total conversations in 7,789 threads

+ New Thread

Know Your Mods #3: Shadowfury

Last posted Mar 30, 2010 at 10:18AM EDT. Added Mar 28, 2010 at 05:32PM EDT
9 posts from 9 users

Previous interview here

Sorry for the wait, here's the new interview with pessimistic Mikufag Shadowfury

Captain Blubber: Question 1: Why did you join Know Your Meme?

Shadowfury: I joined KnowYourMeme to contribute what I knew about some of the entries, as well as participate in some of the discussions going on. I lurked for a while after that, and found that it was more relevant to my interests than I had originally thought. Additionally, the community was full of really awesome people, which, as you probably know, is very rare on the Internet. So I decided to stick around.
Oh, and I found the site through YouTube, like many others.

CB: Question 2: What was your immediate reaction to becoming a forum mod?

S: I was surprised at first. I did not know that the admins had that much trust in me. After the initial shock wore off, I decided that I was to continue behaving exactly as I had been behaving prior to my promotion, but to use my newfound abilities when necessary.

CB: Question 3: Are there any other online communities you are or were a part of?

S: Nope. To be honest, it’s really hard to find any decent online communities. I consider KYM one of the few good communities. But I digress.

CB: Question 4: What has been your favourite experience on Know Your Meme?

S: Tough question. If I had to choose, I’d go with the time spent on IRC. I enjoy our shenanigans and miscellaneous ramblings. It’s also a good way to get to know people better in a natural, informal, and generally non-awkward manner.

CB: Question 5: What do you think is the most interesting part of internet memes?

S: If I had to choose one thing, it would be memetic spread. It’s very interesting to me to see these concepts spread by these means. The psychology behind this behavior is fascinating, really.

CB: Question 6: When you aren’t on the internet what are you usually doing?

S: Sleeping, usually. If I’m not sleeping, I’m probably watching TV, playing video games, or exercising.

CB: Question 7: Which historical figure do you think you could beat in a fist fight?

S: With these twiggy arms? I don’t think any of them off the top of my head.

CB: Question 8: If you ran KYM for a day, what would you do?

S: I would make sure nothing bad happened until the admins returned.

CB: Question 9: If there was a KYM movie what actor do you think should play you?

S: It has to be an actor? I’d rather it be me in the movie than an actor. Partially because I don’t know of many celebrities and partially because I don’t think anyone else can accurately portray my persona.

CB: Last question: What words of advice do you have for the KYM community

S: Be nice to each other, it makes things more pleasant for everyone. Other than that, keep being awesome.

CB: Thank you for your time.

Last edited Mar 28, 2010 at 05:33PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!