320,732 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
Nation RP

Last posted Mar 28, 2016 at 04:35PM EDT. Added Dec 07, 2011 at 03:12PM EST
1043 posts from 24 users

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@RPP

Lets just say that beating the crap out of Falcon has made you somewhat…unpopular with the central nations

@Syndic

You just hate my Council of the Blue Screen don't you?

I haven't been left with many choices. I need to kick the senate out and appoint the engaged royal family as the sovereign authority of Syserror, otherwise Sidney is not going to cooperate with me. If I don't then my nation will end up looking the way Britain does now.

But then there is my southern city of Christchurch looking for a chance to split off from the rest of the nation. It might get a chance to do that if the Southerners decide they don't like the new monarchical management, I need to convince all my neighboring colonies that the shift to a kingdom is a welcome one.

Do I have any other options?

Hey, its not my fault you chose an out of the way area. It is my fault that I want to make things interesting. Nobody rides for free.

And yeah, that pretty much sums up all of your options. Other than war. You didn't mention war.

Witch-King wrote:

My greatest fear is that I’m not hauling enough ass.

Russian Fedora wrote:

Don’t worry Witch-King, once I conquer Media and Arran we will be connected again, and I can provide both military and verbal support.

…and, as has been stated in the past, his ass is huge.

And yeah, that pretty much sums up all of your options. Other than war. You didn’t mention war.

Conquering Sydney with force would have to be last resort (considering how far behind my infantry is). But why do I get the feeling that is what it is going to come to?

Oh well…next turn…here goes nothing…

Also Mister J, how about trading some of that Tea? Might just be what I need to calm my civilizations nerves.

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

And yeah, that pretty much sums up all of your options. Other than war. You didn’t mention war.

Conquering Sydney with force would have to be last resort (considering how far behind my infantry is). But why do I get the feeling that is what it is going to come to?

Oh well…next turn…here goes nothing…

Also Mister J, how about trading some of that Tea? Might just be what I need to calm my civilizations nerves.

OK, I'll add that just to make things less boring for around the Pacific.
Also, I might attack the Mygwi Confederation just for a heads up.

Last edited Dec 22, 2011 at 08:50AM EST
Also, I might attack the Mygwi Federation just for a heads up.

That's fine, as long as you stay off my lawn (Australia)

In the meantime my turn has been sent in and I better start designing the official royal gowns for my soon-to-be kingdom

(Fun fact: As Polynesian cultures, neither Syserror or Sydney would have an actual crown, royalty would be signified with a fur/feather headset and a cloak.)

Brucker wrote:

Witch-King wrote:

My greatest fear is that I’m not hauling enough ass.

Russian Fedora wrote:

Don’t worry Witch-King, once I conquer Media and Arran we will be connected again, and I can provide both military and verbal support.

…and, as has been stated in the past, his ass is huge.

RocketPropelledPanda   wrote:

Lets just say that beating the crap out of Falcon has made you somewhat…unpopular with the central nations

All I did was force Falcon into participating in the power struggle orgy that is Brittania.

No, you completely annihilated all of his land and forced him to shuttle his dwindling population thousands of miles eastward.

No, you completely annihilated all of his land and forced him to shuttle his dwindling population thousands of miles eastward.

Alright, but at least I did not eliminate him from the game. Besides, the fact that I adopted his religion and didn't kill survivors shows that I don't plan to do so.
And if anyone remembers, he made the first strike all the way back in turn 9.

-A bunch of ninjas start terrorizing the capital without reason.

And anyone who says they could have come from anywhere is not using their cranium. Falconland was my sole neighbor, plus they publicly began using ninjas just this turn.
-Ninjas. They are made.

I hadn't even thought of attacking him before he attacked me.
Last edited Dec 22, 2011 at 02:35PM EST

Alright, but at least I did not eliminate him from the game. Besides, the fact that I adopted his religion and didn't kill survivors shows that I don't plan to do so.

And anyone who says they could have come from anywhere is not using their cranium. Falconland was my sole neighbor, plus they publicly began using ninjas just this turn.
-Ninjas. They are made.

I believe you.

-Ninjas. They are made.

I don't believe you, and when I reach Canada you'll find that out.

Alright, I'll make sure to get ready for that.

I feel like I should give you a warning before reintroducing the native Falcon people back into their land.

Piano wrote:

Syndic, I did some looking around, and according to this the Sassanid Empire shouldn't historically exist at this point in the game.

Did you even read why Sassanid Persia declined? Its because of Islam. Due to the fact that Vlad has (perhaps foolishly) stopped the spread of Islam beyond the Arabian Peninsula by fighting against the Caliphate, the internal issues within Persia were resolved, and the Sassanid Empire has inflated its power greatly.

That's what this game is all about. Altering history.

Last edited Dec 22, 2011 at 04:09PM EST

Syndic wrote:

Did you even read why Sassanid Persia declined? Its because of Islam. Due to the fact that Vlad has (perhaps foolishly) stopped the spread of Islam beyond the Arabian Peninsula by fighting against the Caliphate, the internal issues within Persia were resolved, and the Sassanid Empire has inflated its power greatly.

That's what this game is all about. Altering history.

Yeah, I thought that was the reason. But I'm surprised the Sassanid Empire has gained power, I thought it was on the brink of collapsing soon.

Alright, Now that I'm done writing the turn (I'll post soon after this) I'll explain in further detail why I decided to keep the Sassanids around for such a long time.

First, a major component of the historical Sassanid empire was most of Turkey and the middle east, which they do not have. These regions are what drained the nation of its ability to keep together, as progressing military campaigns against the Byzantines fared poorly. The lack of a large border with Byzantium and fairly friendly relations with those whom they do border has led to a distinct lack of warfare with organized nations, meaning no internal strain on the economy.

Second, as I have already stated, the Caliphate won't be able to swoop in and undermine the religious authority of the Persians due to the fact that A) they have had the opportunity to overcome the period of instability, B) Zoroastrianism is actually accelerating in its growth, rather than being retarded by the expansion if Islam, and C) the economy is booming enough to support Persia's growth due to the silk road being almost entirely rerouted through the Indian ocean via Singapore.

The fact that Persia is the only thing standing between Rossiya and the Mongol Hordes makes me question why you would challenge its existence in the first place.

Turn 14 [750 AD – 900 AD]
Middle Ages

Game Notes:
-Other world events will now be added for a better understanding of what is going on.
-Britannia map removed.
-Diplomacy map added. Red means war, green is an alliance, and blue represents puppet states (with the arrow pointing towards the vassal, away from the controller).
-The Silk Road (trading routes that collectively connect Paris to Beiping) has been added to the map as a thicker white trading line. Prior to now it ran over a mostly land route through outer Mongolia and Persia. It will remain on the map until the fall of the Mongol Empire, as it is an important determining factor in how powerful they will be and which regions they will choose to attack.

Diplomacy

Cultures

Religions

World Events
-The Chalukya Kingdom and Gujarat collapse, and the previously weak Pala have begun to rapidly overtake the Indian subcontinent alongside the ever growing Sassanid Empire.
-The Frankish kingdom expands rapidly into Germania and Italia, splitting into three distinct kingdoms upon the death of Charlemagne when a massive civil war is fought over the succession of his brother Lothair I. Middle Francia does not last long as the Burgundians, Provencians, and Italians fight against the new crown.
-East Anglia's king, having made bold strides into middle Anglia against the Mercians, decides to crown him self sole king of Anglia.
-The Tang Dynasty of China has died out, and the competing kingdoms result in a chaotic China filled with uncertainty.

Angmar (WitchKing)

Govt: Republic
Army: [=====|=====]
Navy: [===|=======]

Tech: [=====|=====]
-Northward expansion continues.
-A strange sort of farming community based upon boats made of dirt and timber floats off into the Black Sea never to be heard from again.
-Few in Angmar even know what an elephant is, and attempts to import them prove futile as no such beast can survive the kind of environment Angmar offers to them. Military application of the beast is far from applicable.
-Siege gear is abandoned. All for the best, considering the fact that only a miniscule handful of eastern European regions have any kind of forts or castles in them.
-An army is sent into Arran to help Rossiya in its conquest, but their own military proves to be more than capable on its own.

Cattonia (MadCat)

Govt: Kingdom
Army: [=====|=====]

Tech: [=========|=]
-A new monotheistic faith revolving around a catlike deity evolves from the old religions, and is adopted quite easily by the whole nation, as well as Nubia due to the Egyptians' long standing respect for felines.
-Death in battle apparently guarantees a place in heaven, where there are many kittens to cuddle with. This encourages the growth of the armies.
-An alliance is formed with the Arabian Caliphate, who then ask for immediate assistance against the infidels in Prometheus.

Last edited Dec 22, 2011 at 05:32PM EST

Falconia (DouglasJFalcon)

Army: [==|========]
Navy: [==|========]

Tech: [==|========]
-Pictland is finished off after a Viking raid devastates what remains of the kingdom.
-Attempts to encourage human breeding by paying those who have children fails entirely, as the lack of an organized method of getting census information or even collecting a national tax in the first place destroys all hopes of establishing such a program.
-The crossbow is "invented".
-Chain mail and steel are also being used more commonly.
-Ninjas ninjas, everywhere. Pictland suffers a horrible invasion of assassins just before collapsing entirely.

Fasier (DarkErmac)

Army: [===|=======]
Navy: [=|=========]

Tech: [=====|=====]
-

Mertola (RocketPropelledPanda)

Govt: Theocratic Republic
Army: [====|======]

Tech: [====|======]
-Alchemy research is growing in popularity among intellectual circles.
-Surgery also improves through the use of anesthesia. Medical research is at its peak for the era.
-Map reading becomes a standard course in university.
-An alliance is struck up with Appalachia, and both sides invade the Blafol Horde.
-The war goes well at first, but then disaster strikes as a hurricane sweeps through the southeast, devestating Appalachia and hurting the war effort on both sides.

Naronius (MisterJ)

Navy: [======|====]

Tech: [======|====]
-Trade with the Chinese continues to some degree, despite the collapse of the empire into many warlike states. Singapore continues to grow, as junk fleets moving along the routes in India and Persia proceed to disenfranchise the central Asian land merchants even further.
-An invasion of the Mygwi is commence, with armies brought from as far as India to support.
-Explorers are sent out into the pacific to claim islands.
-The tea trade is extended as far east as it is west, with trade in Syserror.
-Catapults are developed for the army.
-Horses reach Naronius from trade along the ocean-bound silk road, and a new sport called polo is rapidly becoming a popular pastime for the wealthy.

Promethean Caliphate (Vlad)

Govt: Caliphate
Army: [======|====]
Navy: [====|======]

Tech: [==========|]
-War is declared upon the Arabian Caliphate, and a massive counteroffensive begins against them. Mecca and Medina are successfully captured, and the will of Arabia has crumbled over a two front war and the loss of their holy lands.
-The Constitution of Medina is adopted as the law of the land, further solidifying the Arabian Caliphate's claim over Prometheus. In the eyes of the Prometheans however, it has officially drawn off the Arabians as a false state, infringing upon the will of God.
-Stiff past relations with the Sassanids wears off as trade commences and the pathway of the silk road extends through Prometheus, rather than Angmar, even further bankrupting central asia of its prior monopoly over eastern goods.
-A study of human anatomy is started in a major university, and causes a small amount of controversy over its religious implications.
-An officer corps is founded for the army, and systems of promotion are revised.
-Land based greek fire flamethrowers are imported.

Rossiya (RussianFedora)

Tech: [=========|=]
-As Rossiya gradually becomes less Rossiyan and more Iranian, the oligarchy wanes and an elected republic rules once more.
-Media quickly surrenders and is annexed, and the army wastes no time launching an attack into Arran, which goes extremely well as the kingdom is toppled with ease.
-A large crossbow known as The Scorpion is pioneered by Rossiya in destroying small fortifications and ripping apart organized infantry formations.
-The military is making a move towards cavalry centered warfare.
-The navy is improved upon, although there is extremely minimal motivation for such considering that the only fleet even on the Caspain sea is Rossiya's.
-A request for alliance with the Byzantines is ignored, as they see very little reason to side with or rely upon such a small and different state.
-The libraries of Tehran expand as scientific debate and discovery fills new tomes.

Sydney-Syserror (BSOD)

Govt: Monarchy
Army: [===|=======]
Navy: [=======|===]

Tech: [========|==]
-The senate votes in majority to step down from power, and a holy union is formed between Sydney and Syserror.
-Christchurch has declare itself independent of the new monarchy, stating that they refuse to step down from the old republican form of governance.
-The navy is upgrades to almost exclusively sailing ships, with the days of rowing put behind them.
-The Magwoli military arm is increased substantially, with a navy and military academy all its own.

Teclos (QuakerPerez)

Govt: Monarchial Republic

Tech: [======|====]
-All relations with the Frankish Kingdom are broken off as it dissolves into in fighting.
-An attack on the Vandals commences, and defeats them with ease. The Byzantines quickly move in to reclaim the ancient Roman provinces in North Africa from the decaying and broken Vandal Kingdom.
-The Pope makes a visit to Madrid to crown the Teclo monarchical ruler as "King of Spain, Emperor of Iberia, and Lord of the Teclo."
-Religion is highly emphasized as the kingdom becomes more and more focused on rule of the church and the Pope in Rome. Having attained much of the Pope's support, Teclos has put its influence deep into the heart of Europe, and can manipulate many of the Christian kingdoms to its will.
-The trebuchet replaces the catapult.
-An attempt by the king to instate women into the armies receives fierce backlash from the catholic majority, as women are not permitted to wear men's clothing (armor) and thus, fight properly in battle.
-Cavalry units have adopted longer lances and plate armour for heavier, deadlier charges.
-Large sailing ships such as the Holk are adopted over primitive galleys.
-Halberds have also become a more common weapon.
-An alliance is forged with the Papal States.

Vulcan (FridgeLogic)

Govt: Theocratic Monarchy

Tech: [=|=========]
-The North Umbrian king is given the antiquated crown of Vuclan, as a gesture of good will from the republic. After he dies, his son inherits the throne of both kingdoms, and decides based on his Vulcan upbringing to allow North Umbria to join with the Vulcan nation under one flag.
-Viking raiders decide to build their own kingdoms in the north, and have landed in Scotland and North Umbria. This has devastated the Pictish kingdom, but has also provided a minor issue for the Vulcans as well.
-An alliance is offered to Anglia in exchange for the destruction of Essex. They agree, and soon after Anglia annexes all of Wessex and Sussex as well.
-As the war ends, Vulcan has clearly come out as the superior kingdom, ruling over most of the British isles alone. Powerful Anglia to the south is all that stands between Vulcan and the unification of all England.
-Longboat raiding tactics have put off the Vikings from raiding Norway, and expansion from there continues with ease.
-Kolinahr missionaries spread about Scandinavia, spreading the word. As a result, the kingdoms of Denmark and Finland have risen up, unified by faith.
-Many are calling for a unified church with a leading rabbi based in London akin to the Vatican in Rome.

Piano wrote:

So, if I don't move, will I be gobbled up by the Khanate?

The Karakhanids will never reach Tehran, unless something apocalyptic happens to Persia.

Syndic wrote:

The Karakhanids will never reach Tehran, unless something apocalyptic happens to Persia.

….Are you going to make something apocalyptic happen in Persia?

Piano wrote:

….Are you going to make something apocalyptic happen in Persia?

No. They are pretty damn powerful now that they have leached all the wealth and land out of Gujarat. They'll beat the Karakhanids no problem. The next horde that threatens you won't be around until 1200 AD.

Last edited Dec 22, 2011 at 05:34PM EST

Syndic wrote:

No. They are pretty damn powerful now that they have leached all the wealth and land out of Gujarat. They'll beat the Karakhanids no problem. The next horde that threatens you won't be around until 1200 AD.

Yaaayyyy! I must show my appreciation to the Sassanids by strengthening trade relations with them!

Wait. If the Persians are still in their peak, then the Khanate will be weakened severely in their attempts to go that way, which means…

AWWW YEAHHHHHH!

Russian, forget what I said. Get your lazy-ass on some boats and go east.

So, is Poland anybody's friend?

Also, while I never expected Elephants to work, (I can't stand sending in less than six), I had really hoped for the sea-style Chinampas to work.

Syndic wrote:

Syndic, is it true that the Khans will stop their invasion once the Sassanids weaken them?

Piano wrote:

Syndic, is it true that the Khans will stop their invasion once the Sassanids weaken them?

There are a lot of factors that go into that. Whether or not Persia goes to war with the rest of India, how much support she receives from the west, whether or not the silk road continues to pass through Persia's ports. We'll see.

-The war goes well at first, but then disaster strikes as a hurricane sweeps through the southeast, devestating Appalachia and hurting the war effort on both sides.

Hey Syndic, why is this the only natural disaster that has effected a player nation in over 1 million years?

Hey Syndic, why is this the only natural disaster that has effected a player nation in over 1 million years?

Because you have tons of bad karma after massacring Falconland.

God has spoken, now STFU.

I was trying to make things interesting while keeping it mildly historical. In my opinion, just throwing new fictional nations at yours from regions that have zero structure and little population (like what if a Seattle Empire suddenly appeared?) would be pretty stupid. Instead, I took a different avenue to weaken you and shake things up a bit.

I'll say it again: just because you are way out on the edges of the map without competition doesn't mean that I'm going to let you have a free ride.

Last edited Dec 22, 2011 at 06:59PM EST

Syndic wrote:

I was trying to make things interesting while keeping it mildly historical. In my opinion, just throwing new fictional nations at yours from regions that have zero structure and little population (like what if a Seattle Empire suddenly appeared?) would be pretty stupid. Instead, I took a different avenue to weaken you and shake things up a bit.

I'll say it again: just because you are way out on the edges of the map without competition doesn't mean that I'm going to let you have a free ride.

Alright, I didn't mean that in any disrespect by the way, I just wanted to know what the reasoning was and if natural disasters were being implemented into the game.

Also, I am glad to see that Vinland has sprouted up, now all my turns won't be me negotiating with myself to convince me to attack myself in exchange for giving me my land.

Last edited Dec 22, 2011 at 07:28PM EST

I just realized how badly Firefox needs a grammar check as well as a spell check. Wonder if I can download an add-on for that…

Edit: Haha, oh wow. Now I have a grammar check for Firefox. Oh internet, you so crazy.

Last edited Dec 22, 2011 at 07:11PM EST

Captain Douglas J Falcon wrote:

i'm doing quite well, guys.
quite well.

I'm sorry there was no way of my helping you.

If you could reach Denmark, then I could most certainly help you later.

Cale wrote:

I'm sorry there was no way of my helping you.

If you could reach Denmark, then I could most certainly help you later.

Y'all are already in the medieval age. Nations are starting to get set in stone. If you want a different homeland, you better get there soon, otherwise you'll be running a state who's people don't at all relate with their rulers or even the name of the country.

Syndic wrote:

Y'all are already in the medieval age. Nations are starting to get set in stone. If you want a different homeland, you better get there soon, otherwise you'll be running a state who's people don't at all relate with their rulers or even the name of the country.

I'm going to be expanding Rossiya back into Slavic territory. Will that re-Slavicise Rossiya?

Last edited Dec 22, 2011 at 08:32PM EST

Hi! You must login or signup first!