Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,713 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
Nation RP

Last posted Mar 28, 2016 at 04:35PM EDT. Added Dec 07, 2011 at 03:12PM EST
1043 posts from 24 users

Neither of you will even be within contact of the Mongols by next turn, so I'm going to ignore the actions that refer to diplomacy with Genghis Khan until the turn after next.

Just so you know, next turn is 1100 – 1200, and the one after that will be 1200 – 1250.

Syndic wrote:

Neither of you will even be within contact of the Mongols by next turn, so I'm going to ignore the actions that refer to diplomacy with Genghis Khan until the turn after next.

Just so you know, next turn is 1100 – 1200, and the one after that will be 1200 – 1250.

So…. What about my question?

Syndic wrote:

Depends on what kind of resistance you put up. Just wait and see.

Sigh Okay. Just one more question: How far are the Mongols going to reach? Will my middle eastern areas stay intact?

In this coming turn the Mongols won't reach much further than the fog. However, the turn after that they will be capable of riding into Baghdad and Moscow (and probably will).

Piano wrote:

Why?

Christmas. About half the player's haven't sent in their turns. One even requested that I not make turns for Christmas and Christmas Eve. I get the feeling that you, me, and WitchKing are the only one's here with the lacking of a life necessary to keep this thread alive over the holidays. It wouldn't be fair to keep the others out of the fun just cuz they have friends and a family.

Syndic wrote:

Christmas. About half the player's haven't sent in their turns. One even requested that I not make turns for Christmas and Christmas Eve. I get the feeling that you, me, and WitchKing are the only one's here with the lacking of a life necessary to keep this thread alive over the holidays. It wouldn't be fair to keep the others out of the fun just cuz they have friends and a family.

I have friends and family, just a lot of free time.

But I get what you're saying, I can wait. Merry Christmas bro.

Syndic wrote:

Game officially postponed until December the 26th.

Thank you! xoxoxoxox

I really needed the extra time while I sort out IRL matters. Not just family but bullshit with my internet connection too. I'm limited to using friends networks and the mobile networks. It's taking me quite a bit of effort to stay active in this game.

That said I'll send my PM in now while I have the chance.

@The mongols

They have to go through China first, then Persia before they start steamrolling Europe so you guys should have at least one more turn to get ready for them.

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Thank you! xoxoxoxox

I really needed the extra time while I sort out IRL matters. Not just family but bullshit with my internet connection too. I'm limited to using friends networks and the mobile networks. It's taking me quite a bit of effort to stay active in this game.

That said I'll send my PM in now while I have the chance.

@The mongols

They have to go through China first, then Persia before they start steamrolling Europe so you guys should have at least one more turn to get ready for them.

We have just this next turn.

Turn 17 [1100 AD – 1200 AD]
Middle Ages

Nations

Diplomacy

Cultures

Religions

World Events
-The Byzantine Empire completely implodes, with Bulgaria and Hungary declaring their independence and quickly gobbling up all of the territory they can before peace treaties are sorted out. Before even that could occur however, a new monarchy takes over the Greek state, dropping the imperial titles of Rome and secluding their claims to Thrace, Macedon, Albania, Crete, and Greece. The war ends as abruptly as it had begun.
-Genghis Khan's Mongol Empire begins to spread westward at a very rapid pace. Superior numbers, tactics, and weapons are overhwelming and annihilating any enemy that stands in their path, and the Sassanid's Persian Empire is on the verge of collapse.

Angmar Imperium (WitchKing)

Govt: Republic
Army: [=====|=====]
Navy: [====|======]

Tech: [======|====]
-An ambassador to the HRE is informed that Angmar may soon convert to Catholicism. This delights The Church in Rome, which has informed them that the Pope will personally attend the Angmaran king's baptism. However, despite this assurance, fellowship missionaries continue to spread their separate cults eastward.
-Attempts to move further south to conquer Constantinople proves impossible as the new state of Bulgaria blocks the way with surprisingly strong armies.
-Trade with the Mediterranean opens up again as the war draws to a close.

Cattonia (MadCat)

Govt: Kingdom
Army: [====|======]
Navy: [===|=======]

Tech: [=========|=]
-An alliance is formed with the newly discovered Catland.
-Anatomical studies continue, as corpses from battlefields are drawn in for study.
-A strain of Malaria is plaguing the westward front around the Congo and Sahel.
-Armies that attempt to march west are bogged down in swampy lands, or get lost in the dense jungles. It is advised that no more westward expeditions are launched.
-Through political maneuvering, Egypt has managed to convert the Nubian king to Christianity, and vassalized the state as part of Egypt. Alliances with Nubia have thus been broken.

England (FridgeLogic)

Govt: Theocratic Monarchial Republic
Army: [==|========]

Tech: [===|=======]
-Missionaries continue to spread the word, mostly in Scandinavia and eastern Europe.
-Norway is asked to join the empire, and they reply asking what made England think they weren't already.
-Denmark and Scotland decline the offer to be annexed by England, as their respective kings enjoy holding their own thrones.
-In the aftermath of the struggle of Britannia, England begins to rebuild its cultural and technological prowess by building new universities, museums, and observatories.
-There can be no war without violence, and after a long period of unresolved tension, the "war" with France finally ends simply because both sides have forgotten they were at war with each other.

Last edited Dec 26, 2011 at 02:26AM EST

Espania (QuakerPerez)

Govt: Monarchial Republic
Navy: [=|=========]

-In one swift, lengthy, unbroken run-on sentence, the Teclo king declares a state of war with the houses of Aragon and Navarre, while simultaneously breaking out peace in North Africa.
-An offer of peace is made to Aragon: if they will surrender their kingdom to Espania through a royal marriage union the Teclo king promises that the Spanish will no longer be persecuted in Iberia. They accept this merciful deal. Under similar circumstances, Navarre becomes part of the Teclo kingdom as well.
-The repeating balista, an ancient weapon known to the Greeks as "polybolos," is adopted by the army for use against large armored enemy formations.
-Aquitaine, Sardinia, and Corsica are invaded soon after the domination of Aragon, taking the French completely by surprise and breaking through the Pyrenees forts with ease. France takes the opportunity to annex their dazed and broken vassal of Aquitaine, and launches a counter-campaign against the invading Teclo, Spanish, and Basque armies.
-As a result of assaulting the French kingdom without legitimate cause, Espania's Teclo king has been excommunicated from the church. Also, France has had to back down from their participation in the crusades, resulting in Antioch remaining in the hands of the infidels. This further enrages the papacy.

Falconia (DouglasJFalcon)

Army: [|==========]
Navy: [==|========]

Tech: [==|========]
-Falconia attempts to settle people in Canada, but unfortunately the harsh weather and their primitive technology makes building a new settlement so far from home impossible.
-The number of living people loyal to the Falconian crown has dwindled to a three digit number. The King personally knows more than a quarter of his population by name.

Fasier (DarkErmac)

Army: [=|=========]

-The trebuchet is developed for the army.
-Steel is used in chain mail, apparently because it is lighter. In reality, the only thing that changes is its sturdiness.
-Conscription is used to raise armies.
-The ingredients for gunpowder are mined and stored in the capital for "reasons unknown." The cache of mysterious elements violently explodes, decimating the city and murdering thousands of inhabitants. Fasier's generals have decided thus that things such as sulfur should be avoided at all costs because gunpowder has not been invented yet.
-Fasier's troops are ordered northwards to fight the Cuzco hordes. They make much progress back to the north, but are having a difficult time fighting through the Atacama desert. Cuzco's numbers are simply too great, and the attrition rates this far from home and in a desert wasteland have taken an extreme toll on the army.
-The navy is improved upon a bit, but there is not much they can do to expand the fleet's numbers any further.

Mertola (RocketPropelledPanda)

Govt: Theocratic Republic

Tech: [=====|=====]
-The last of the Blafol are finished off, and the horde's old lands are absorbed by Appalachia.
-Glassworks become more common as windows and spectacles are developed.
-Public hospitals are improved upon and built up as smaller clinics in less urban areas.
-Libraries are being built upon more campuses about the nation.
-Roads are mapped out for more organized travel throughout the nation, and the continual usage of these roads leads to the paving of some.
-The senate hails the beginning of a new golden age of peace, as the armies decrease significantly in size and the people begin looking into more mundane and happy tasks such as trading, settling, building, and worship.

Naronius (MisterJ)

Navy: [======|====]

-Weapons are adopted from the Chinese, and Naronian armies begin to look a lot more like Chinese armies.
-Fortresses and thick stone walls are built around the capital in Seetan.
-Pacific exploration reaches Hawaii, but the natives have forced Naronius away from the island.
-Sinhala is invaded and quickly conquered.
-Angmar and Rossiya, two nations of which most Naronians don't know about, are ordered to have trading priority assigned to them. In a practical sense, such is impossible being that there is no route that leads to either nation that does not first pass through one or two others.
-The Chalukya's Kingdom is invaded. Broken, decadent, and outdated as the old dynasty is, its forces break with ease.
-The Phillipines and Indonesian campaigns continue.
-Java is invaded, although a surprisingly powerful resistance is put up and the Naronian armies are forced to flee the island.
-Shanghai continues to grow in power as greater volumes of local production and more allowance of tax exemptions promotes trade.

Promethean Caliphate (Vlad)

Govt: Caliphate

Tech: [==========|]
-A decree is made allowing all faiths to be openly practiced but this is not nearly enough for the Papacy. A crusade is declared to free the holy lands from the infidel, and thousands or Christian pilgrims, knights, and kings descend upon the middle east to take on such a task.
-The national library in Baghdad is expanded to include new eastern tomes, as well as research from Rossiya and Cattonia.
-The hourglass reaches the middle east and its usage quickly spreads eastward as far as Singapore.
-Women are now allowed to serve in the armies, much to the dismay of hardliner conservative generals. However, being the Caliph's will, it is said to be the will of God, and they accept the law.

Rossiya (RussianFedora)

-

Sydney-Syserror (BSOD)

Govt: Monarchy
Navy: [=======|===]

Tech: [========|==]
-Minor chapels become small schools in the more rural areas as Crashtianity spreads is doctrine to the lesser peoples. However, attempts to force schooling upon the majority fails primarily due to the fact that few see the use in doing so. A majority of the population is made up of either farmers or artisans that have been apprenticed to a master, none of which require much education that can't be obtained through work. Holy schooling is widely popular, but remains to be attended by those that do not wish to go.
-Chinese cattle is imported from Naronius, as well as goats, pigs, and other small livestock that the islands are lacking. A massive boom in farming occurs, and Sydney-Syserror's wealth skyrockets.
-The puppet is invented, and small street-side puppet theaters are beginning to displace the more expensive stage theaters as a means of entertainment. One of the most popular puppet stories is one about a sentient, clothed sea sponge and his aquatic friends.
-As typical of all monotheistic faiths, sacrifices and ritual offerings have declined in favor of supporting order in the nation as well as moral values at home.

Wait a second… why did the maps upload in jpg? I saved them as png. What the hell? Are they always jpg? What's going on here?

Edit: Apparently only this turn is jpg. And for some reason imgur refuses to let me upload a png without converting it. This makes me mad. I might have to find a new image host.

Edit2: Only the nations map is in jpg. And I can't upload it again, it still converts to jpg. Why? What did I do wrong imgur, why do you hate me? Its saved as a png on my PC. Stop it. This isn't funny.

Also, the new mystery nation is Novgorod. I messed up on blurring the fog of war and accidentally messed with the name too.

Last edited Dec 26, 2011 at 03:03AM EST

-The hourglass reaches the middle east and its usage quickly spreads eastward as far as Singapore.

Thank you Vlad.

-Falconia attempts to settle people in Canada, but unfortunately the harsh weather and their primitive technology makes building a new settlement so far from home impossible.
-The number of living people loyal to the Falconian crown has dwindled to a three digit number. The King personally knows more than a quarter of his population by name.

I feel bad for Falcon…….
Maybe he should've spent less time raging.

Also, question, what will happen if a nation is wiped out? Do you just kick the player out?

Last edited Dec 26, 2011 at 03:06AM EST

@madcat: A quick google search or extremely rudimentary background knowledge in Russian history will tell you that the only truly notable location on earth with the title "Novgorod" at this time period was indeed in Russia. Yes, I am actually surprised that you had to ask that, what with all the Slavic pride that positively glows from you and RF.

Edit: Wow this is the fifth time I've confused you and witchking. Why the hell does that happen so often? My apologies.

@MisterJ: If a nation is wiped out then its player either goes into exile to wait for an opportunity to come back (such as when the Golden Horde crumbles to dust) or you become a vassal, indicated by blue lines on the map. Vassals act as an appendage to the larger nation, and have to take orders from it. Kinda like the states in the USA are controlled by DC.

Last edited Dec 26, 2011 at 03:23AM EST

I think I'm doing rather well for all my mistakes.

So, is this the first "Peasant's Crusade", or just a simple generic one based on historical details.

Also, I imagine fatally losing the game won't start until the industrial ages, eh?

@Falcon: Dude. Just relax and build up. It's not Iceland is a barren wasteland, and those springs will be FABULICIOUS resorts in the future.

Turn 18 [1200 AD – 1250 AD]
Middle Ages

Nations

Diplomacy

Cultures

Religions

World Events
-Cpt. Douglas J Falcon has abdicated, and Falconia is now an NPC.
-Due largely in part to Angmar's willing participation in the invasions and France's wholesale destruction by Espania, the Mongol hordes have managed to breach all western defenses and plunge deep into Europe, and are still on the move.

Angmar Imperium (WitchKing)

Navy: [====|======]

-The Mongol hordes arrive in Angmar, and the council quickly votes to surrender. Angmar is absorbed by the Khanate of the Golden Horde, and her borders redrawn to fit Mongolia's desires. Angmar's armies are thrust into the ranks of the Mongols, and help them to drive deep into Europe.
-With their merchants being granted safe passage through Mongol lands, trade flourishes with central and east Asia.
-Attempts to convince the pope to end the crusades fail as he sees no reason to even listen to pagans.
-The alliance with the Russians is broken as soon as it becomes apparent that the Mongols are targeting them for conquest.
-Mongol gunpowder weapons, including Chinese matchlock rifles and large bombard cannons, are making their way into the Angmaran armies.

Cattonia (MadCat)

-Strongholds are established in the northern reaches, as the threat of an Egyptian invasion becomes high once Nubia disappears from the map.
-Through diplomacy with Catland, Treisia enters the alliance. Trade with the small desert faction has greatly improved the quality of life and technology in their lands.
-Maps of the kingdom's most well traversed roads are being sold all across the nation.
-Chain mail begins to replace plated armor.

England (FridgeLogic)

Govt: Theocratic Monarchial Republic

Tech: [====|======]
-

Last edited Dec 26, 2011 at 11:32PM EST

Espania (QuakerPerez)

Govt: Monarchial Republic
Army: [===|=======]

-Morocco, Tunis, and Sicily are requested to join with the growing Espania. They unanimously refuse, and Morocco declares war upon Espania to reclaim Tangiers, citing their excommunication as reason enough for war.
-The French are defeated, and their vassal kingdoms occupied. Provence is then invaded, with next to no success.
-The Basque king dies without an heir, and Navarre is annexed into Espania.
-Burgundy has rallied the knightly orders returning from the crusades to go on a massive campaign against Espania to reclaim France. This drawing of forces from across Europe for a holy mission against the Teclo has drained Europe of its professional armies. The Mongol and Angmaran hordes smash through Germania with ease.
-With the pressure of all of western Europe on them, Espania's military forces have begun to wane, and Espania's enemies have proposed a peace treaty.
-The monarchy makes its best attempts to treat the people they conquer as equal to the people they already rule.
-The king attempts to break the excommunication by abdicating the throne to his son, but the pope laughs at the attempt and simply excommunicates the new king as well.

Fasier (DarkErmac)

Tech: [=====|=====]
-The Fasien army backs out of the deserts, allowing Cuzco to reclaim the region and accept peace between the two empires. By the end of the war, Cuzco has adopted most of Fasiers technologies, and has almost become as modern as her southern neighbor.
-The capital city is rebuilt, with some caution taken to avoid the future wrath of the gods. Gunpowder is discovered as a result of the tragedy.

Mertola (RocketPropelledPanda)

Govt: Theocratic Republic

-Aqueducts are built in the west along the rocky mountain springs.
-Paved roads connect the empire, and promote trade between east and west.
-Taxes are introduced as a means of funding the republic's works.
-The armies begin to focus more on stealth, as camouflage and light weapons take precedence over cavalry and archers.
-An ambassador has been sent to Vinland offering peace and officially recognizing the little kingdom.
-Mathematics, optics, and astronomy are explored. The spyglass and hourglass are developed, and Jupiter's moons are discovered.

Naronius (MisterJ)

Navy: [======|====]

-The southernmost regions of China are invaded as the Mongol invasion rips the old regimes into pieces.
-Laws granting religious tolerance has spurred on missionaries from the east, and Singapore by and large converts to Islam, while East Orthodox Christianity makes its way as far as the capital city.

Promethean Caliphate (Vlad)

Govt: Caliphate

Tech: [==========|]
-A desperate battle is waged against the Knights of Jerusalem, and their numbers are thinned considerably on a deadly march towards Antioch. The Hospitaller are on the verge of conquering the great city as well. The Sahel are used in some effect against leading knights of Jerusalem.
-Antioch is heavily fortified in preparation for the coming battle, and massive conscription in the city rapidly replaces the scores of men that fall in combat.
-The Mongol hordes cross the northeastern border, and may descend from the mountains at any moment to conquer Baghdad and bring Promethean rule in the east to an end.
-The Egyptian crusaders march southward, and send word that if Prometheus will cede the region of the Red Sea coast directly across from former Nubia, that they will negotiate for an end to the whole crusade.
-Primitive cannons begin making their way into the army as the Mongols have brought gunpowder west.

Rossiya (RussianFedora)

-

Sydney-Syserror (BSOD)

Govt: Monarchy
Navy: [=======|===]

Tech: [========|==]
-An attempt is made to annex Magwoli through aristocratic union, but ends in disaster as an assassination at the royal wedding causes a spiral of events that breaks the monarchy to pieces an installs a republican form of government. The new senate has the remainder of the Magwoli royal family beheaded, and allies itself with Christchurch.
-Cattle become more and more common, and farming output all across Oceania increases as the oxen plow and cart become easier ways to grow and move produce.
-Local lords and land barons are being replaced with democratically elected mayors, although they are still loyal to the king alone.
-The army adopts a war chant known as the "Haka Safety Dance." Their little dances tend to amuse their enemies and reduce the stress involved in building up for a battle.

OH HELL FUCKING YEAH.

@Falcon: I'm sorry about you leaving, Falcon. I would have really helped you out.

@Russian/Vlad: I told you about opposing Mongols, bros! I TOLD you dogz! I will help out against those Crusades.

Last edited Dec 26, 2011 at 11:40PM EST

-An attempt is made to annex Magwoli through aristocratic union, but ends in disaster as an assassination at the royal wedding causes a spiral of events that breaks the monarchy to pieces an installs a republican form of government. The new senate has the remainder of the Magwoli royal family beheaded, and allies itself with Christchurch.

Dammit Falcon! What the hell are your ninja's doing in my nation!?

But seriously. I see whats going on here…

CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIISTCHUUUUURCH!

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Dammit Falcon! What the hell are your ninja's doing in my nation!?

But seriously. I see whats going on here…

CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIISTCHUUUUURCH!

So why is it "Christchurch" and not "Crashchurch"?

Cale wrote:

madcat, if there ever was a time to confirm your new friendship with Vlad, now is the time.

It's been confirmed as of two turns ago. Why would now be an ideal time?

Cale wrote:

At the very least, fight off Egypt, and I'll hit the Hospitallers up.

Even though it pains me to help him I will fight through Nubia to reach Egypt.

Just land an army oversea on the land bridge between Africa and the Peninsula. That will flat-out end the invasion.

Then it's a surprise hit on the Knight of Jerusalem's backside.

Last edited Dec 27, 2011 at 12:30AM EST

Cale wrote:

Just land an army oversea on the land bridge between Africa and the Peninsula. That will flat-out end the invasion.

Then it's a surprise hit on the Knight of Jerusalem's backside.

Fair enough, but my Army and Navy are shit at the moment.

Sup! You must login or signup first!