Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,713 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
Nation RP

Last posted Mar 28, 2016 at 04:35PM EDT. Added Dec 07, 2011 at 03:12PM EST
1043 posts from 24 users

Problem: If my turn counts to tomorrow, I will both be behind and unable to send my next one, because I will not know what has happened. And I can't get online sooner due to my schedule.

FUCK.

@LateBros: The currently posted turn will not be edited. Once I post something, that is final and absolute. If I left you out or you didn't PM me, too bad.

@Alex: Whatever you feel is necisary.

@Everyone: Please note that you have not yet formed modern nation states yet, and in fact, all of the uncoloured land is completely devoid of human life forms. Stone age, remember? Your present goal should be to spread your culture around a bit so that it will be easier to corral similar races and languages under one flag later in the game, when you start building kingdoms and states.

Syndic wrote:

@LateBros: The currently posted turn will not be edited. Once I post something, that is final and absolute. If I left you out or you didn't PM me, too bad.

@Alex: Whatever you feel is necisary.

@Everyone: Please note that you have not yet formed modern nation states yet, and in fact, all of the uncoloured land is completely devoid of human life forms. Stone age, remember? Your present goal should be to spread your culture around a bit so that it will be easier to corral similar races and languages under one flag later in the game, when you start building kingdoms and states.

1. FML, no need to be so rude. Just begging here.
2. I think I did it right.

RocketPropelledPanda   wrote:

Since my first post seems to have gone unnoticed, I'll use this as an opportunity to change my submission.
Area: Interior Planes of Canada.
Tribe: Tuskan
Color: Opal

Sorry. You're on the map, I just haven't lifted the fog from you, and thus forgot to mention you in the post.

Heh, Looks like my soon-to-be capital of Auckland is actually positioned where Wellington is.

Who's the Cat People? You controlling them Dr.Depper?

Also can I request that you label the names of each Nation on the map so I know which one is which? Its kinda hard to differentiate all these shades of blue.

Okay, sending in my next turn.

Also can I request that you label the names of each Nation on the map so I know which one is which? Its kinda hard to differentiate all these shades of blue

Scratch that, I just realized that they are labeled. Just have to zoom in real close. My bad

Closer inspection also reveals that my civilization is around the Taupo, Palmerston and Hawkes Bay regions, not Wellington.

Last edited Dec 09, 2011 at 03:23AM EST

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Also can I request that you label the names of each Nation on the map so I know which one is which? Its kinda hard to differentiate all these shades of blue

Scratch that, I just realized that they are labeled. Just have to zoom in real close. My bad

Closer inspection also reveals that my civilization is around the Taupo, Palmerston and Hawkes Bay regions, not Wellington.

Cavemen didn't have GPS so I'll bet they just set up camp in the wrong spot.

Teh Brawler wrote:

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS ABOUT RELEASING DEPENDENCE ON THE SEA I AM A BOAT-BASED NATION DANG IT

1. You are not a nation yet.
2. How else did you get to Australia? Did they swim?
3. U mad?

Turn 2
Stone Age

Falconland (DouglasJFalcon)
weapons, Wheel, Farming, Language, Boating, Stone Tools
-Language is developed centered around mimicking bird calls.
-Stone tools are developed.
-In need of good land for farming and hunting, colonization rapidly fans out the population across the frozen woodlands and prairies.
-Boating develops and the Falconlandic people further spread their influence out into the Atlantic.
-Small scuffles and skirmishes among villages and clans encourages the development of small militias for defense, although the communal tendencies and extremely dispersed locations of settlements keeps the necessity of these armed bands to a minimum.

Vulcan (FridgeLogic)
Wheel, Stone Tools, Language
Syllabic Language
-Developments in technology reveals the wheel, stone tools, and spoken language.
-Syllabic language is developed.
-The Vulcan people expand northward exclusively.

Finnlandia (Sobotnik)
Weapons, Stone Tools, Boating, Language, Mining, Livestock
Syllabic Language
-Finnish culture develops through language, and traditions.
-The domestication of animals, especially horses, draws in food and better means of food, clothing, and land transport.
-Mining develops centered around previous metals such as tin, gold, and copper, used as tools and currency. They are most highly prized for their looks and unique taste, but are otherwise worthless to the Finns as they have no knowledge of how to shape the metals.
-Dented metal nuggets, used as currency, encourages the expansion of trading routes into settlements along the eastern Baltic.

Angmar (WitchKing)
Farming, Language, Stone Tools
Fellowship Polytheism, Sign Language
-Farming is developed.
-Although polytheistic worship has always existed, never before has it been organized into a true faith. Primitive altars to specific, well defined god characters are being built. Villages tend to take on a patron god from this "fellowship" of holy creatures to worship almost exclusively in return for certain godly favors.
-Language based on signals, symbols, and signs is developed. Body language relying on hands and gestures dominates the culture.
-Buildings are mostly constructed out of mud and loose sticks, resulting in almost biannual reconstruction of entire villages. If it were not for the reliability of farming, the Angmar may have returned to a nomadic lifestyle.

Rossiya (RussianFedora)
Stone Tools, Farming, Language
-Stone tools are developed.
-A common language defining the culture has been established.
-Agricultural advancements allows further population growth for the Rossiyans.

Prometheus (Vlad)
Language, Wheel, Stone Tools, Mining, Farming, Weapons
-Mining is developed as a need for magical fire-sprite rocks, soon to be called "coal," grows with their knowledge of heat and good cooking techniques.
-Farming is developed.
-Basic anti-personnel melee weapons are built in the never ending quest to kill all humans.

Pimponari (PimpAbra)
Language, Stone tools, Livestock, Instruments, Boating
Song Language, Musical Polytheism
-Lemur skins, stretched over wooden bowls with variable pitches provided by complex internal shape provide long range communication devices through drums. The large size of these drums complicates mobile communication, and after such, the variable pitch horn is invented.
-Polytheistic worship has slowly morphed to the almost exclusive worship of the single god, which then morphed into a split of several sound-based deities.
-Lemur skins are being used as a raw material in nearly all practical applications from roofing and water sealing to clothing and entertainment.
-Boats are developed, and the Pimponari begin colonizing mainland Africa.

Treyshondia (Alex)
Weapons, Language, Stone Tools
Syllabric Language
-The Treyshondia, warriors and hunters at heart, develop a language as means for necisary communication between hunters while seeking their prey.
-Weaponry geared towards harming other human beings is developed as the overaggressive tribes begin to fight eachother.
-Feats of great stamina are highly praised amount the Treyshondans, and the marathon is born as a result.

Ming (MisterJ)
Wheel, Farming, Language
Sign Language
-A language based on forming shapes with hands and drawn symbols representing objects develops among the Ming.
-Rope making becomes a very important pastime for the Ming.
-The wheel is invented for work purposes, enabling the hauling of goods through dense jungles and over steep hills.
-Wile rice is tamed and farmed, although wild growing foods are still a major source of nutrients for the Ming.

Cat People (MadCat)
Pottery, Weapons, Livestock, Farming, Plumbing
Heaven's Mandate
-Domesticated dogs are used as a means of defense as they are trained to fight against opposing tribes and for hunting/herding livestock.
-Farming is developed.
-Centralized systems of the ruling elite are starting to be established, with so called "kings" ruling from heavenly mandate.
-A complicated system of pottery stored and flowed water has created grand inland gardens that flourish with exotic and regional fruits. The extensive usage of this primitive plumbing has led to suggest in population and rapid centralization of labour, giving rise to one of the first true nation-states.

Magwoli (TehBrawler)
Boating, Farming, Metalurgy
-

Syserror (BSOD)
Farming, Stone Tools, Boating, Livestock
Polynesian Polytheism
-The herding of wild animals develops regular livestock raising among communities. However, sheep do not exist on the islands yet and are thus not domesticated. The Syserror will have to wait a few millennia before they can successfully find or breed any sheep.
-Boatmaking develops into a serious occupation, and canoes are used frequently to move about and migrate locally.
-The Aukland tribe has slowly developed a dominance of the island through their control over key natural resources.
-Marae, cleared out regions for religious purposes, are being built in town centers. Serving as a central part of everyday life for a variety of purposes, the Marae are serving as an integral part of forming a centralized religion.
-Expansion of fishing grounds leads to the colonization of new islands.

Mertola (RocketPropelledPanda)
Syllabic Language
-Basic weapons are developed alongside rudimentary tools of stone for hunting and harvesting.
-The mostly nomadic lifestyle of the Mertola has led to a rapid movement of their peoples southward, to chase the more plentiful game across warmer prairies.
-A basic spoken language is developed, aiding in coordination and bartering.

pug on toast wrote:

Question. Why do some of the "nations" boarder some colored areas that are still under the fog?

NPCs. They are all historical civilizations trying to do things historically. Since presently we are just in the stone age and everything is pretty abstract and disorganized, you can nab territory off of them, totally screw up history without worrying about them trying to get back at you. The map right now just shows what kinds of cultures, races, and civilizations are out there. Once we get to the bronze age we'll start having real wars.

Most of their labels are presently under the fog, but I'll list the ones you have encountered thus far:
Inuit (baby blue)
Apache (pink)
Navajo (maroon)
Celtic (neon green)
Germanic (red)
Slavic (green)
Greek (brown)
Turkic (gray)
Iranian (purple)
Semite (orange)
Saharan (yellow)
Congo (pale green)

Humans cannot join the game as one of these cultures, but once we get to having real nations on the map, a human player may join as any nation under that culture.

Last edited Dec 09, 2011 at 07:03PM EST

Yea I thought Nikolaki was in New York? Still can't see him

And criminy Falconland! How did you cover so much ground so quickly?

The Syserror will have to wait a few millennia before they can successfully find or breed any sheep.

Aww bugger. I'm stuck with birds and fish. But some of the other nations sound like they are in the Iron age already :(

Last edited Dec 09, 2011 at 08:48PM EST

Turn 3
Bronze Age

Nations:

Cultures:

Falconland (DouglasJFalcon)
weapons, Wheel, Farming, Language, Boating, Stone Tools, Mining, Language, Roads
Syllabic Language, Falconism
-Mining for rare materials has begun among the Falconi people.
-One of the first monotheistic religions has sprung up around the Great Lakes region, worshiping the great warlord in the sky: Captain Falcon.
-Flaconeese, a unifying language for the culture, has risen to prominence.
-Road networks are beginning to connect large regions as a means of trade, which directly facilitates military movement, allowing larger nations to form and stay together at length.

Vulcan (FridgeLogic)
Wheel, Stone Tools, Language, Writing, Boating, Whale Hunting
Syllabic Language, Kolinahr
-Expansion focuses on westward and southward movement, infringing on Frankish and Celtic settled regions. Many entire nations are put to the axe for Vulcan convenience.
-Boating technologies are developed, allowing for the exchange of peoples over the ocean bound landmasses of Britannia.
-A monotheistic faith known as Kolinahr rises to prominence in the isles, pushing the memories of individual gods out of the culture's collective mind.
-Written language is developed upon the singular purpose of documenting holy scripture, and eventually it spreads outward for multiple uses from trade to politics.

Finnlandia (Sobotnik)
Weapons, Stone Tools, Boating, Language, Mining, Livestock
Syllabic Language
-

Angmar (WitchKing)
Farming, Language, Stone Tools, Wheel, Weapons, Metallurgy
Fellowship Polytheism, Sign Language
-Holy temples honoring the gods are built at the centre of permanent settlements, and as the population grows, the architecture put into these structures grows in complexity and cost.
-Westward expansion of the Angmar people puts them deeper into eastern Europe, with many Slavic peoples being absorbed into the culture.
-Small kingdoms are slowly rising to power with powerful military bands. However, the progression of wars are usually short and local, settling disputes among neighboring villages and towns rather than actually conquering large regions.

Rossiya (RussianFedora)
Stone Tools, Farming, Language, Pottery, Weapons, Minin
-Mineral mining has occurred, spurring on the growth of a material based economy. Metals and coal are prized commodities.
-Pottery is developed, allowing long term food and water storage for the cold northern winter.
-Complex architecture begins to dominate larger towns, although most of it is invested into royal palaces and holy shrines.

Prometheus (Vlad)
Kingdom
Language, Wheel, Bronze Tools, Mining, Farming, Weapons, Boating, Writing
Syllabic Language
-The Prometheus people have entered the bronze age, having developed the first bronze tools in the world.
-The first written language is formed in the lands of the Prometheus people.
-Scholars are rising to popularity with differing ideas on ethics and methods, and most have encouraged the abandonment of the old gods in favor of logic and reason. Few actually abandon the notion of the existence of gods, but it has a powerful influence on politics in large towns. Many have abandoned the idea of divine right and instead allow kings to rule on merit.

Last edited Dec 10, 2011 at 03:58PM EST

Pimponari (PimpAbra)
Tribal Nation
Language, Stone tools, Livestock, Farming, Instruments, Boating, Mining, Construction
Song Language, Musical Polytheism
-The Song language has developed into an interlocking complexity across multiple regions of vast spaces, unifying the people under common gods and kings.
-Adobe structures, made of mud and clay supported by latticed branches, are constructed.
-The hunt for shiny rocks has begun, as mining takes on a serious meaning as a true profession. Trade between lemur herders and miners causes the creation of a common monetary system.

Treyshondia (Alex)
Syllabric Language
-

Ming (MisterJ)
Wheel, Farming, Language, Dried Food, Stone Tools, Boating
Syllabic Language
-Foods ranging from meat to fruits are dried for lighter storage and easier movement over great distances.
-The basic net is improved upon for casting, greatly increasing shore fish catching and encouraging coastal growth.
-Spoken language is beginning to overtake the rudimentary sign language previously seen in the Ming culture.
-Currency is developed using bones as money, encouraging domestic trade.
-Basic boating skills are acquired, and the Ming begin to colonize outward into the oceans.

Cats (MadCat)
Kingdom
Pottery, Weapons, Livestock, Farming, Plumbing, Language, Wheel
Heaven's Mandate, Syllabic Language
-Colonial expansion of settlers continues northwards into Sudan and Egypt.
-A common language is developed.
-The wheel is invented.
-The divine right of kings is quickly becoming an accepted cultural phenomenon among the neighbors of the Cat People.

Magwoli (TehBrawler)
Boating, Farming, Metalurgy
-

Syserror (BSOD)
Farming, Stone Tools, Shipping, Livestock, Language, Mining, Bird Trapping
Syllabic Language, Polynesian Polytheism
-A unifying language overtakes the culture, pushing out smaller minorities in favour of a centralized cultural commonality.
-Tribal tattoos, clothing made of feathers, and other bodily trinkets have taken root as a form of self expression and identification.
-The Auckland tribe continues to grow in power as a ruling band of elder men forms a semi-governmental structure for the town to grow by.
-The need for stone in large structures has led to the quarrying of soft rocks, and the discovery of other metals as well.
-The construction of large hide-bound ships has occurred, with the Syserror building truly impressive boats for such a primitive culture of peoples.
-Boating exploration colonizes new lands on distant islands.

Mertola (RocketPropelledPanda)
Weapons, Language, Stone Tools, Farming, Mining, Construction
Syllabic Language, Heilimacht Polytheism
-Aggression skills in hunting and fighting are prized and nearly worshiped among tribes, leading to great warriors and hunters to become kings.
-Farming and mining are developed as those without fighting skills find a necessary means to producing a living for themselves. This leads to permanent settlements, and a true homeland for the Mertolan race.
-Canals are constructed where convenient land for farming is further inland than the rivers are.

Captain Douglas J Falcon wrote:

the map's broken.

We were working off the culture map previously. Click on the little link below the embedded map labelled "Culture Map" for that one. As there are now real nations in the game, and most of the world has been populated, we can start working on building empires on the nations map.

There isn't much criteria to getting a nation built, but I won't tell you just what that is. Once you have a nation, it will adopt the colour of your culture.

edit: to be fair, I'll post both maps as images to reduce confusion.

Last edited Dec 10, 2011 at 03:57PM EST

pug on toast wrote:

What will happen to a "nation" if the player is kicked out of the game for inactivity?

Nobody will be kicked for inactivity. If you are running a nation and doing nothing, then your nation does nothing either. Cultures, on the other hand, will continue to spread and be adopted by NPCs regardless of whether or not you send in PMs for the game.

Syndic wrote:

Nobody will be kicked for inactivity. If you are running a nation and doing nothing, then your nation does nothing either. Cultures, on the other hand, will continue to spread and be adopted by NPCs regardless of whether or not you send in PMs for the game.

So….. does that mean I can invade them, and they wouldn't react?

pug on toast wrote:

So….. does that mean I can invade them, and they wouldn't react?

Nope. They'll pretty much sit around and do nothing without player prompting. But that is just inactive player nations. NPCs are all active and controlled by me.

Last edited Dec 10, 2011 at 04:09PM EST

Dude…this game is too complicated for me to participate in so Ima be an ancient alien and lurk a little while as I see these civilizations progress.
Now if you need me I will be in space, watching closely, just don't mind me I just float around in the background. Other ancient aliens will try to fuck with you people so be careful.

Last edited Dec 10, 2011 at 06:04PM EST

The Quaker Pérez wrote:

Wow I had no idea this game has started agian, if there is still time to join and ok with op then:
Tribal name: Teclos
Color: gray
If its to late and I can't join I understand

Gray is taken by like, four other cultures. I'm afraid you need a different colour.

O HAI! You must login or signup first!