Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,712 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Mafia Reboot 3!

Last posted Dec 26, 2011 at 03:02AM EST. Added Dec 13, 2011 at 03:52PM EST
264 posts from 15 users

There are five roles in this game, and I will randomly assign them to everyone who signs up (using a random number generator) and PM them to you before we start, be sure to keep them a secret.
Role 1: The Mafia
-There will be only a couple of these (depends on how many people plays, usually 1 to 3 or 4 people). Your job is to decide who to kill when the game is in the “night” phase. They will do this by PMing each other to decide who to kill then PMing the narrator their decision. So every “night” one person will be killed and they will be out of the game.
Role 2: The Sheriff
-There will only be one sheriff. During the “night” phase the sheriff will PM the narrator the name of one of the other participants. The narrator will PM them back indicating whether or not that person is part of the mafia.
Role 3: The Doctor
-There will only be one doctor. During the “night” phase the doctor can PM the narrator the name of one participant. If this person was the person selected by the Mafia for death, then they will be saved. If the doctor picks someone else, nothing happens.
NOTE :The doctor cannot protect him/herself.
Role 4: The Villagers
-Everyone else will be a villager. During the “day” phase they will discuss among themselves (including the Mafia, Sheriff, and Doctor who keep their identities secret) one person to kill who they believe is the mafia. When a consensus is reached the narrator will announce the death.
Role 5: The Narrator
-This role does not participate in the game, instead he/she makes sure everything runs smoothly and keeps track of who is killing/saving who during the night phase.
How the game progresses:
The game has 2 phases as you already read about: a Day and Night phase. It starts off in the Night.
The Night Phase: During the night, all the villagers are asleep. The Mafia will pick one person to kill, the Sheriff will pick one person to investigate, and the Doctor will pick one person to save. After all this is done, the villagers wake and it moves to the day phase. The narrator will write a short story describing what happened, telling all players who died/was saved.
The Day Phase: During the day, all players except the narrator discuss between themselves who they think is most likely to be the mafia. When they have reached a consensus by a vote, the narrator kills that person then the game moves back to the night phase.
Game Notes:
Death: When you die you reveal your role to the rest of the game. You can no longer participate in the game if you are killed, though a dead villager can still help influence the villagers during the day phase. However, while you are still able to discuss the goings on in the game, you can no longer cast a vote for who to kill during the day. Other dead characters are not allowed to post anything related to the game once they have been killed, as they know too much.
Winning: The villagers win when all mafia have been killed, the mafia wins if they kill everyone else. Usually the villagers win, so it comes down to how many people the mafia can kill before they are killed themselves, however very sneaky mafia can often times manipulate the villagers during the day phase and win.
Sheriff: The sheriff may know the identity of one of the mafia if he guesses right during the night phase, that doesn’t mean people can trust him, as no one actually knows who is telling the truth.
Changes:
-Mafia will make up 1/5th of the total population.
-If the Mafia’s population exceeds the Villagers population, the Mafia Win.
-Also, the day and night cycles will last 42 hours each. However the day/night will be ended early if everyone in the Village/Mafia (Respectively) has voted. If you haven’t voted by the end of the Night/Day, you missed your chance and will have to wait till the next day/night to vote.
If you have any questions just ask me!

Thanking Natsuru and Mr. J for game template.
If there's any more interest in this I would like to start another. If no one's interested I can understand. Please, only join if you're going to be an active player.

Current: Riyku Ku, Natsuru, Verbose, Iambob, Cpt. Falcon. Looking for 15+, after reaching 15 I'll wait 24 hours and take anyone else joining.

Nikolaki8 wrote:

I'll play. If narrator isn't taken, I'll be that. I was gonna make a post about this, but I thought it would be to soon.

Narrator is whoever makes the thread, that would be me.

RandomMan wrote:

I guess I should join these games some day.

Count me in (if there's still space left).

Yeah, we still need three or so more people.

I have one little bug in this game.

When there is only 1 maffia left, it's impossible for that maffia to win.

You see, when they reach the point of 3 players left (roles don't matter) the maffia will kill one of the two in the night phase. The remaining whatever will then obviously know the other is the maffia. And since his vote decides the entire village, he will obviously kill the maffia.

So is this a tie or can the remaining maffia kill 2 people in that case (as the remaining villager is unprotected)?

RandomMan wrote:

I have one little bug in this game.

When there is only 1 maffia left, it's impossible for that maffia to win.

You see, when they reach the point of 3 players left (roles don't matter) the maffia will kill one of the two in the night phase. The remaining whatever will then obviously know the other is the maffia. And since his vote decides the entire village, he will obviously kill the maffia.

So is this a tie or can the remaining maffia kill 2 people in that case (as the remaining villager is unprotected)?

That won't happen because the mafia wins when it exceeds 1/4 of the village's population. In this one I should probably change that to 1/3 though.

madcat wrote:

That won't happen because the mafia wins when it exceeds 1/4 of the village's population. In this one I should probably change that to 1/3 though.

Original post says "If the Mafia’s population exceeds the Villagers population, the Mafia Win."

But it works either way. So that was a derp on my side.

RandomMan wrote:

Original post says "If the Mafia’s population exceeds the Villagers population, the Mafia Win."

But it works either way. So that was a derp on my side.

Actually that was my fault, whoever makes the next game should probably edit that out.

I don't know how many members we currently have, but I don't think we'll get that many more.

So maybe an idea to drop the limit to 12 players, just a suggestion.

RandomMan wrote:

I don't know how many members we currently have, but I don't think we'll get that many more.

So maybe an idea to drop the limit to 12 players, just a suggestion.

Current List: Riyku Ku, Cpt. Douglas J Falcon, Verbose, Iambob, Natsuru, ItizPWNED, ArdentGamer, rapturjesus, Blue Screen (of death), Nikolaki8, RandomMan. 11 Total.
Just one more person.

Riyku wrote:

Bump i don't want this dieing before i can even play

If there's not even enough interest for one more person it probably needs to die.

Edit: Disregard everything above.

PMs have been sent and the Night Phase will now commence.
Time for Mafia, Sheriff and Doctor.

Last edited Dec 16, 2011 at 02:57PM EST

Yay game start.

Players

1. Riyku Ku (Mr. Shadow)
2. Cpt. Douglas J Falcon
3. Verbose
4. Iambob
5. Natsuru Springfield
6. ItizPWNED, Syndicfan
7. ArdentGamer
8. Blue Screen (of death)
9. Nikolaki8
10. RandomMan
11. rapturjesus

My guesses for mafia, based on just an inkling.
Raptur, RM, BSoD, Ardent, Riyku, Dougie.
Any of those people could be mafia. Why not the others? Simple, they were mafiosiosio before, and I believe that Sir Madcat would let somebody else in on the fun. Don't limit that, though. Kill me if you want, even. Ghosts can still talk in KYM-ville.

Last edited Dec 16, 2011 at 09:24PM EST

i'm just impatient, ok?
also, i'm suspicious of everone on itiz's list, except replace me with natsuru.

Last edited Dec 16, 2011 at 09:26PM EST

Good that we got the game started. I got a bit of bad news though.

I lost internet access at my house due to damaged cabling (I'm typing this at my friends house) So I wont be active for 1-3 days. Just play without me until I get my internet back

No this is not another Mafia mind trick, I'm serious. Please don't kill me while I'm gone

Last edited Dec 17, 2011 at 03:38AM EST

rapturjesus wrote:

come on mafia

you slow as shit

They still have 10 hours. At this point it would be better for the village if they didn't vote.

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Good that we got the game started. I got a bit of bad news though.

I lost internet access at my house due to damaged cabling (I'm typing this at my friends house) So I wont be active for 1-3 days. Just play without me until I get my internet back

No this is not another Mafia mind trick, I'm serious. Please don't kill me while I'm gone

You live up to your name.

Falcon was impatient last game. And the game before that. That's nothing new.

Also, silly Falcon. The mafia doesn't hold up things. Robbers do! Amirite?

It was a dark night, the moon was full and RandomMan was out on Black Lake. "Now's as good a time as any to go fishing," he thought to himself. His fishing rod had finally snagged something. After a few moments he managed to reel his catch in. It was an envelope addressed to him. The enclosed letter read " You better watch your back." He heard a gun go off and realized he couldn't breathe as his body sank to the bottom of Black Lake.

RandomMan was a villager.

Day Phase, villagers' turn. Commence voting.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!