Forums / Just For Fun

327,767 total conversations in 8,674 threads

+ New Thread


Escape Artists

Last posted Aug 16, 2012 at 10:51PM EDT. Added Jan 28, 2012 at 09:01PM EST
253 conversations with 35 participants

Easyaspi, the Reunion Tour wrote:


Edit: New page get.

Last edited Feb 06, 2012 at 10:20PM EST
Feb 06, 2012 at 10:19PM EST
Quote

Since you’re Maxwell…
>Acquire hat
>Fuck Bitches
>PROFIT

Feb 08, 2012 at 04:04PM EST
Quote

404 user not found wrote:

==> Take out pda


Yeah, that’s better, now you can see… sort of.
eccentricHarmony[EH] began pestering broodingClassicalist[BC]
EH: What did you do? All the power in this sector has been cut! =[
BC: Just testing out my powers to see if they still worked.
EH: So I take it you found the key? Excellent! Now we can work on getting everyone off of this station! =)
BC: Yeah. Now I’ve just got to get to you. Are you still where you said you were?
EH: No, I kind of panicked when the lights went out. I’m in some of the offices right now.
BC: I take it they’re just beyond the second maze?
EH: Yeah. Hope you left the door unlocked, because the lasers have probably been deactivated.
BC: Even if I didn’t, I could still just pull the door off its hinges.
EH: Maybe, but you haven’t reached your full power yet. We’ve still got some training for you to do!
BC: And what exactly does this training involve? Please don’t say more puzzles.
EH: =\
BC: I walked right into that one, didn’t I.
EH: Well, at least a few more puzzles until we can get to a teleporter. That will take us to the lab on Earth. We can meet up with Warren there.
BC: Warren? You mean AD?
EH: Yep, I sure do.
BC: So you’re getting back at him by telling me his name? That seems a bit… passive.
EH: It’s all I can think of right now. Anyway, just come find me by retracing your steps to the exit. I’ll be waiting, don’t take too long! =J
eccentricHarmony[EH] ceased pestering broodingClassicalist[BC]
BC: This is gonna be a long day.

Feb 08, 2012 at 06:50PM EST
Quote

==> Use the PDA to light your way around as you search for the exit.

{It’s what I use my DS for during an outage.}

Feb 08, 2012 at 07:49PM EST
Quote

Wheatley wrote:

==> Use the PDA to light your way around as you search for the exit.

{It’s what I use my DS for during an outage.}


You stumble around for a little while until you finally find the last room you were in.

You bet there are more puzzles behind that door. You can feel it.

Feb 10, 2012 at 10:36PM EST
Quote
You bet there are more puzzles behind that door. You can feel it.

>Find out where the feeling is coming from, then remove the irritating object.

Feb 10, 2012 at 10:53PM EST
Quote


You enter the room. There is a map on the wall and oh wow that’s a big room.
Finding EH might take a while.
[[And we’ve now reached 100 pictures/gifs. Great work everyone.]]

Feb 21, 2012 at 08:29PM EST
Quote

==>Check for other people to talk to. Maybe some of them have plays on certain colors for names.

Feb 21, 2012 at 08:45PM EST
Quote

Cale wrote:

==>Check for other people to talk to. Maybe some of them have plays on certain colors for names.


Looks like someone else has logged onto Pesterchum. No play on their color, but why not try to talk to them.

broodingClassicalist[BC] began pestering figurativeGladiator[FG]
BC: Hello, do you happen to know anything about Synapse Labs?
FG: Hi. I think I might know something about it. I’ve been working here for a while.
FG: Well, less working and more being held captive against my will.
FG: But there really is a fine line between the two.
BC: So are you stuck on the space station as well?
FG: Yeah. The power just went out, and I don’t really know why.
BC: Oops. That… may or may not have been my doing.
FG: Wait a minute. If you shut down the power in this sector… then you must be Maxwell, right?
BC: Yes, that would be me.
FG: Oh crap. You’re awake much earlier than I expected.
FG: Listen, for the sake of this station, my life, and yours, don’t turn off any other energy cores… at least, until we’re off of this Gog-forsaken contraption. Alright?
BC: Alright, I think I can do that.
BC: Also, do you happen to know anything about someone under the chumHandle eccentricHarmony?
FG: Of course I do. Naomi and I used to work together all the time. That is… until the Summoning.
BC: The WHAT?
FG: Listen, I can’t talk that much right now. He’s probably looking for me, and I can’t dawdle. And neither can you. Hurry and find anyone else you can, then destroy the cores and get out of here.
BC: Who’s looking for you? What’s the Summoning? WHY ARE YOU BEING SO VAGUE AND GOING AWAY AT A TIME LIKE THIS?
BC: Hello?
BC: This is happening way too much.
broodingClassicalist[BC] ceased pestering figurativeGladiator[FG]

Feb 21, 2012 at 09:39PM EST
Quote

You enter the large room.

Wow. It’s cubicles as far as the eye can see. Now you know how Dilbert feels.
Or a lab rat.
There really is a fine line between the two.

Feb 22, 2012 at 10:53PM EST
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

>Search for cheese in center of maze


You hightail it to the center of the room. No cheese, but there’s a light on in one of the cubicles.

That name seems familiar.

Anybody home?

Feb 23, 2012 at 07:22PM EST
Quote

Cale wrote:

-> Jump in screaming.


You startled the witch!

Naomi: Max! You made it! Now we can start shutting this place down!
Max: Hello to you too.
Naomi: Yeah, yeah, greetings and all that. We’ve got work to do.
Max: That’s something I don’t understand though. Why do we have to shut this place down? Some guy with the chumHandle figurativeGladiator said we should wait a bit.
Naomi: Wait, he’s still here? Wow, I thought he had left already. We need to go meet up with him. He should be somewhere in this sector of the facility.
Max: He mentioned something about a thing called the Summoning. Do you happen to know anything about that?
Naomi: You mean you don’t rememb… Never mind, I’ll tell you when we meet FG. For now, we should head over to sector 11. He might be there.
Max: Alright. You seem to know where you’re going, so I’ll just follow you for a bit.
Naomi: Sounds like a plan. Also, if you happen to see anything… unusual… on our little trek, feel free to smash something into it. I don’t want him following us.
Max: Seriously, who is this “he” guy everyone keeps talking about?
Naomi: It’s part of the story. We’ll get to it eventually.
Max: Okay fine whatever. Let’s just get out of this maze they call a cubicle farm.
Naomi: Agreed. I always have hated working here.

Feb 23, 2012 at 10:13PM EST
Quote

Captain Douglas J Falcon wrote:

>proceed.


You GTFO on out of there.

This sector is much better lit. FG must be around here somewhere.

Feb 24, 2012 at 10:11PM EST
Quote


broodingClassicalist[BC] began pestering administrativeDemeanor[AD]
BC: Hey Warren, could I ask you a question?
AD: I… suppose so. Nothing too revealing, of course.
BC: Alright. I figured something like that from you.
BC: Do you know who someone by the handle of FG?
AD: Yes, I worked with him… long ago. On the station, that is.
AD: Things grew distant between us after a certain event that I can’t tell you about just yet.
BC: You mean that Summoning thing he mentioned?
AD: Oh no, he mentioned that already? He’s getting ahead of schedule, as always. Just forget about it for now, okay?
AD: We’ll tell you later. For now, just go find FG. He should be somewhere in Sector 11.
AD: Also, I see that you found Naomi. I think I’ll say hello to her.
BC: And… you just leave.
BC: I wish this would stop happening to me.
broodingClassicalist[BC] ceased pestering administrativeDemeanor[AD]

administrativeDemeanor[AD] began pestering eccentricHarmony[EH]
AD: We’ve got a problem. Jackson has mentioned the Summoning to Maxwell already.
EH: He doesn’t know anything about it yet. He’ll learn soon, but you still can’t go on with that cockamamie plan of yours.
AD: Operation Crash Landing will go on as scheduled. You need to abandon Maxwell on the station as soon as you can and get to the escape pods to save yourself.
AD: I’ll bring down the station whether you want me to or not. The aftermath of the Summoning has essentially cursed the place.
AD: I believe that will be the only way to stop what Subject 278 started back then.
AD: The only think I need now is for the other subjects to hold up their part of the bargain.
AD: Completing their tests.
AD: Now then, if you’ll excuse me, I have more overseeing to do, and I believe you have some meaningless tasks to do with my little puppet over there.
EH: Max is NOT your puppet! I’ll show you that he can stop the Ultimate Outcome without destroying this place and killing everyone in it! %
%{color:tomato}AD: Suit yourself, but from now on, it’s not my fault whatever happens to you or Max. Goodbye.

administrativeDemeanor[AD] ceased pestering eccentricHarmony[EH]

Apr 08, 2012 at 09:18PM EDT
Quote

=>Check to see if there is anything behind that sign.

Apr 08, 2012 at 10:03PM EDT

William Schnell wrote:

=>Check to see if there is anything behind that sign.


Better be sure to check out Room 512.

Last edited Apr 09, 2012 at 05:50PM EDT
Apr 09, 2012 at 05:47PM EDT
Quote


Here it is… that steel, heavy, bolted door doesn’t make you seem very happy to be here.
You head inside.

Geez, what happened in here? Some explosions and stuff… and it looks like whatever robot was here isn’t now.
Say, that guy’s shirt color seems familiar…

Apr 09, 2012 at 10:11PM EDT
Quote

Captain Douglas J Falcon wrote:

>talk to man


FG: Well that didn’t take long.
BC: Geez, what happened in here? Weren’t there supposed to be robots?
FG: Yes. Long story short, it got stolen.
BC: By whom?
EH: Alright Jackson, don’t reveal too much now. We’ve got work to do.
FG: I suppose you’re right Naomi. We have to get going soon. If we want to stop the Ultimate Outcome, we’ll need to work quickly.
BC: Okay, this is all so confusing. What are all these things you guys are talking about? Summoning? Ultimate Outcome? What?
EH: We’ll tell you as soon as we reach our destination.
BC: Which is?
FG: The center of the station. There’s a teleporter to the surface there. But first, there’s something I’d like you to do.
FG: Grab your PDA and press the “Change color” button. Then change it to your text color.

FG: There, that’s better. I was confused when I first saw you. We all wear our text color on our shirts around here. Saves having to remember names, and, trust me, when you work with as many people here as I do, you wouldn’t want to remember names.
BC: Wait… how does it do that?
EH: It’s something one of my friends thought up. His handle is IL, or incandescentLoquaciousness. He designed it so that each fiber of the shirt has tiny LEDs that… well, it’s going to take a while to explain, so for now I’ll just say that it’s sciencey stuff and we’ll move along.
BC: Alright, in that case, let’s head out.

Last edited Apr 10, 2012 at 05:57PM EDT
Apr 10, 2012 at 05:56PM EDT
Quote

Woah, this thread came back to life and I didn’t even notice?

Apr 10, 2012 at 10:55PM EDT
Quote

>Begin Chapter 4

Your name is JACKSON QUENTIUM. You have just gotten a job with SYNAPSE LABORATORIES on their new line of ROBOTIC COUNTERPARTS TO PEOPLE AS A WAY OF BACKING UP KNOWLEDGE, or a sort of soul/mind backup hard drive, if you want to say it that way. You’re heading off to the lab right now to see a demonstration and oh now what does this guy want can’t he see that you’re busy.
Oh wait never mind.

incandescentLoquaciousness[IL] began pestering figurativeGladiator[FG]
IL: How are things going for you on this fine day, my good man?
FG: Erm… quite well, I suppose. Especially since I just got a job here and I’m already on one of the top research teams here. Good thing I stayed in school for so long, I guess.
IL: Yes, I could see how that would help in innumerable ways. It certainly beats my ludicrous degree as a Doctor of Art. At least it’s gotten me on the design team here.
FG: Well, I’m heading to the lab right now, as a matter of fact. The other scientists are demonstrating the robots to us n00bs today.
IL: Ah, I have heard of those. Are they those that essentially bear one’s consciousness should a medical emergency occur? The idea seems somewhat far-fetched, I must concede. If it does work out for you, there are a countless wonderful things you could utilize it for, though!
FG: And lots of money, as well. And as you know, it does make the world go ’round.
FG: Even though we’re technically not on the world right now, but you get the point.
IL: Yes, I comprehend what you mean. Hope things work out for you!
FG: Same to you, my good man. Goodbye!
IL: And goodbye to you as well!
incandescentLoquaciousness[IL] ceased pestering figurativeGladiator[FG]

Last edited Apr 13, 2012 at 10:52PM EDT
Apr 13, 2012 at 10:51PM EDT
Quote


IL creeps you out a bit sometimes. You’re not sure why, but it could have something to do with his “overly ecstatic about everything” demeanor. You head off for the lab.

The higher admins apparently don’t think that this corridor needs much light. What do they think engineers are, bats?

Looks like you’re the first one here. The robot sits in the corner charging and eating up the station’s broadband line speeds. Sometimes you really hate how complicated this thing can be.

Apr 14, 2012 at 04:44PM EDT
Quote


eccentricHarmony[EH] began pestering figurativeGladiator[FG]
EH: Jackson, we’ve got a problem! I don’t have much time to explain, but it’s a real emergency!
FG: What would that be?
EH: One of the test subjects finally snapped and went psycho and now we’ve got a big mess down here!
EH: He started the Summoning, just like he said he would, and now he’s dead… I think…
FG: Wait, you mean Subject 278? Oh no, I was afraid this would happen.
EH: All the subjects had to band up against him, and we still just barely beat him.
EH: I think he may still have subconscious control of his power, or maybe even his soul, though, so be on the lookout.

FG: Wait, before you go… I’d like to ask you something.
EH: And what would that be?
FG: How are things going between you two?
EH: Who are you talking about? Me and who else?
FG: Come on, don’t try and sound innocent, you know exactly who. Subject 413. I think his name was Max or something?
EH: I have no idea what you’re talking about. Max and I only work together, are you implying there’s something going on between us?
FG: Well, I mean, you ARE spending a lot of time with him…
eccentricHarmony[EH] ceased pestering figurativeGladiator[FG]
FG: Okay never mind then.

Last edited May 04, 2012 at 08:48PM EDT
May 04, 2012 at 08:47PM EDT
Quote


Wow, 278 escaped and started the Summoning. You figured it would happen soon, but not this soon. Oh well, enough jibber jabber, back to OH GOG WHAT’S THAT BEHIND YOU

Egad! An enemy! Prepare to battle!

Meanwhile, minutes in the past (but not many)…

May 07, 2012 at 09:36PM EDT
Quote

--= Find out that 682 escaped by some unknown means

Last edited May 07, 2012 at 09:46PM EDT
May 07, 2012 at 09:45PM EDT
Quote


Your name is NAOMI ORATIO. You were somewhat recently employed by SYNAPSE LABORATORIES to aid in a recent research project they have been running. You believe it has something to do with HUMAN ANOMALIES AND POWERS, but other than that you don’t know much about the thing. You personally work with the subjects in an attempt to STRENGTHEN THEIR POWERS by running them through TEST COURSES specifically designed for their abilities. One of the most recent candidates you are attending is named MAXWELL, and you have started to take somewhat of a liking to him, but then again that MAY JUST BE ONE OF HIS POWERS at work. You are currently travelling through one of the many twisting corridors in the facility when SURPRISE CALL FROM YOUR BOSS.

Last edited May 28, 2012 at 09:16PM EDT
May 28, 2012 at 09:16PM EDT
Quote


administrativeDemeanor[AD] began pestering eccentricHarmony[EH]
AD: Naomi, we have a problem. I need you to get all the test subjects you can find and bring them to Sector 15.
EH: Why? What happened? Has there been another security breach?
AD: Yes, and a big one at that.
AD: Long story short, Subject 278 escaped again.
AD: And he brought the Summoning with him.
EH: OH CRAP WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO
AD: We’ve only got one choice. We must get all the subjects and battle him.
AD: Though, even after that, I’m not sure what will happen.
EH: I’ll start rounding up the most powerful subjects we have. Should I bring Maxwell?
AD: Most certainly. His powers may just be one of the only chances we have left. If you can get him fully prepared, 278 will have no chance.
EH: I’m just not sure if he’s ready yet. I suppose we have no choice though.
AD: Hurry and gather everyone. Given how he’s moving through the facility, I’d say we’ve only got about 10 minutes until he finds the main core and enters the Alter World.
EH: Wait, the Alter World has been activated? When did that happen?
AD: It’s a side effect of the Summoning.
AD: I’d love to stay and chat, but I think we both have some important work to do. Goodbye.
administrativeDemeanor[AD] ceased pestering eccentricHarmony[EH]

May 28, 2012 at 10:06PM EDT
Quote


EH: Max, help me gather the subjects in this Sector. We’ve got to get to 15!
Some time later…

BC: So essentially what you’re saying is, this guy’s all powerful, he summons all these demons, and in doing so, CREATES ANOTHER UNIVERSE?
EH: Yep, that’s most of it. If we get most of the subjects over to him, we may have a chance to stop him.
MP: Does he have a weakness? Is he invulnerable? What happens if we kill him? HOW do we kill him?
EH: CALM DOWN, EVERYONE!
NO: She has a point, you know. If we want to beat Martin, we’ll need to know HOW to. Not to mention the consequences of what happens if we do.
EH: To be honest, no one… really knows about him. He’s extremely secretive, vague in everything he tells us, and doesn’t even talk about his powers much.
MP: Well if we don’t know about this guy, how are we supposed to stop him?
EH: There’s got to be something he’s weak to. With hundreds of subjects in the station, someone’s got to have some power that can beat him.
BC: What if we can’t stop him?
EH: We HAVE to stop him. If we don’t, he’ll get to the Core, take the teleporter down to Earth, and who knows what will happen there.
EH: Armies will fall. Governments will crumble. He may even come to rule the world. That’s why we have to stop him.
EH: Now everyone stay calm and quiet, he’s gonna be around here somewhere…

EH: OH JEGUS CHRIS THERE HE IS
Meanwhile, some time around this incident…

Jun 16, 2012 at 06:23PM EDT
Quote


Well, let’s leave them well enough alone for now. What’s that other guy doing? The blue one?

Huh. Well, he’s doing something… odd. Hiding, I suppose? Let’s get on with this.

Jul 09, 2012 at 10:10PM EDT
Quote


Okay, while he’s doing that, let’s see what that other guy is doing.

You know what, never mind. Let’s just get back to those other guys in the present.
>End of Chapter 4

Last edited Jul 22, 2012 at 11:35PM EDT
Jul 22, 2012 at 11:34PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!