Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,712 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Don't be so tsun-tsun 173-chan

Last posted Jul 30, 2012 at 12:07PM EDT. Added May 21, 2012 at 04:18PM EDT
50 posts from 25 users

Moderator Log 15930

I found this game at http://[DATA EXPUNGED] on ██/05/2012which was really weird considering that they usually don't offer free games. It was an ordinary visual novel/dating sim type of game; I started it without error.

It depicted The Foundation as housing several somewhat attractive but potentially dangerous subjects. I am playing as Dr. ██████, Site 19's newly appointed staff. I am assigned to research SCP-173, which must be observed at all times, but not because it will attack if unobserved, but because it hates it when people doesn't notice her. She is described as shy and misunderstood my many researchers. SCP-682 and SCP-076 are her two best friends, and they were altered in a similar way. SCP-682 retains it reptilian form minus the urge to break containment, and is rather seductive and aggressive. SCP-076, named "Ariel", is strong and cold, but has a soft heart and is rather intelligent. There are other researchers and SCPs involved in the game. Other notable SCPs include SCP-056, SCP-085 (named "Cathy" in this game, but otherwise the same), and SCP-315 (no longer limited to the DVDs found). SCP-███ can also be found and is the game's main antagonist; he has [DATA EXPUNGED] and was thus denied any request to visit any other SCPs anymore.

This looks like a rather well-written game. I will play it if I have more time.

Last edited May 22, 2012 at 10:35AM EDT

in the hoppip over the sea wrote:

>YFW He's trolling you, this actually doesn't exist, and this ONE screenshot has been floating around forever, along with maybe two or three more.

This in combination with your first post on this thread.

>mfw

Moderator Log 15930-02

The game is running fine. It was rather enjoyable; it is highly similar to [DATA EXPUNGED] and featured art that had a similar style to SCP-069-J; perhaps they were produced the same way? The game featured the best background music I've ever heard: a mix of house, electroswing and hints of alt rock and indie pop, yet not overpowering and fit great with the romantic adventure theme of the game. I didn't even think this was possible, much less be included in an obscure game based on a scientific foundation. Maybe elements of SCP-624 was included?

I don't know much about visual novel/dating simulators/chose-your-own-adventure type of games, but this is really good. I never thought I would think SCP-682 as "attractive".

@Luis

Trolling or not, I like where this is going.

So Mister J, do tell. Is it strictly text/command based gameplay? Or are there other interactive elements?

Also have you noticed any strange phenomena occurring lately since you started playing? And/Or black vans following you in your neighborhood?

Moderator Log 15930-03

The game is running smoothly.

SCP-173 started to seem more affectionate in regards of our interactions, which probably meant I am playing on the right path. I stole some SCP-621 and gave it to SCP-173 today. She was visibly happy. She invited me to have lunch together. (see: Attached file 15930-01)

We had lunch at Uncle Cain's Cafe together with SCP-682 the next day (the game is set in September). I even sneaked a small SCP-871s out with me. (hopefully there will only be one when I get there).

SCP-173 and SCP-682 told me about their lives. As expected, their stories were backed up by official Foundation reports. SCP-173 said she came from [REDACTED] and met SCP-682 prior to their containment back in 19██.

I paused the game here and went for dinner. Fictional food doesn't fulfill my appetite.

Last edited May 23, 2012 at 05:29PM EDT

Moderator Log 15930-04

Addendum-01

SCP-173 and SCP-682 were already waiting for me at the cafe when I left the Foundation complex.

Me(Dr. █████): Sorry, 173. Dr. C███ asked if I have seen 682 anywhere because she got another plan to exterminate 682. Fortunately I always bring my tranquilizer darts or I'll be tied up in Dr. C███'s office undergoing interrogation right now. So, how are you two?

SCP-173: Oh, doc, everything is great.

SCP-682: Well, some D-Class came to my containment chamber and said, "Baby, you must have came out of SCP-914 cause you are Very Fine." and gave me a cup of gold which obviously came from SCP-294. He then asked me if I had plans for tonight.

Me: Oh, that's nice, what did you do?

SCP-682: I ate him. Anyways, are you guys hungry?

[DATA EXPUNGED]
[DATA EXPUNGED]

[audible laughter]
Me: Well, it's 105, what did you expect? She might be powerful but she's still [REDACTED]. Anyways, enough about Iris. What were you two talking about before I got here?

SCP-173: Oh, doc, I think I never told you, but me and 682 met way before the Foundation became aware of us.

Me: Oh, really?

SCP-682: Yeah, well, it's really not that interesting. Before my life in the Foundation people were terrified of me, and I was hungry. I met 173 in a small factory near [REDACTED] and she helped me [REDACTED]. We got separated after the Hurricane of 19██, but thanks to the Foundation we are back together.

[DATA EXPUNGED]

Last edited May 23, 2012 at 10:12PM EDT

In case any doesn't quite understand this, here's some background info on the characters Mr.J mentioned:

SCP-173
SCP-914
SCP-682

Also I finally managed to find out where this game was. It took a lot more than simple google searching, but I eventually found a working link from ████████████.

I'm not usually into these types of visual novels but after seeing Mr.J play it I thought I would give it a shot.

I installed it and found it pretty simple and easy to play through. Surprisingly funny. To answer my own question; the interface mostly is text based. But I got up to the part with the ██████ and I'm not sure what you do next. Looks like you need to [REDACTED]

Mister.J do you think you can give me a few playing tips? Also what are the ███████?

Last edited May 24, 2012 at 04:57AM EDT

Moderator Log 15930-05

I tried to stay from the game, but it was too enticing to quit.

A week after out lunch, SCP-058 breached containment. Junior Researcher thought it would be funny if he withdrew SCP-058's cow intake. Evidently, SCP-058 wasn't too happy about it and broke the containment walls. He ate three D-Classes and two guards before SCP-076-2 was woken up by all this racket, and struck SCP-058 right in the aorta. SCP-058 recoiled and started attacking wildly, accidentally causing a containment breach of SCP-457. As SCP-457 broke free, he quickly "consumed" SCP-076-02 before being doused by Site 19's sprinkle system. SCP-457 retreated into his chamber, while SCP-058 broke out of the walls and ran away into the wilderness. There was no sign of SCP-076-2 and Dr. B█████ confirmed to me that SCP-076-1 was in its locked state after the incident.

SCP-058 was caught in a nearby pasture an hour later, trying to teach the cows Platonic idealism and eating the ones that ignored him.

I was doing tests with SCP-894 and some parrots when this all happened. I was on the other side of the containment chambers, so I never witnessed any of it (Dr. B█████ told me during lunch), but I glimpsed the giant heart running past my lab window.

Addendum-02-1

5:30 pm, SCP-173's containment chamber

Me(Dr. ██████): Hey, 173, how was--

*SCP-173 cuts Dr. ██████ off and started brawling

Me: Oh, 173, I'm sorry, what did I do--

SCP-173: Oh, doctor, it's not you, I'm just really worried about Ariel.

Me: SCP-076-2? She's be fine, she will regenerate within 6 hours to 25 years.

SCP-173: That's why I'm worried! 25 years! Think about it. How many 25 years do you have in your life?

Me: Well, SCP-076 has the properties of being virtually indestructible and almost immortal, and also--

SCP-173: Stop it doc, you are sounding like you are doing research. I hate it when you do that. Can't you see I'm worried about one of my best friends?

Me: I'm just saying, she'll be fine, SCP-076-1 has already started its regeneration phase and it's a long process, which [REDACTED].

*SCP-173 was visibly angered and proceeded to kick Dr. ██████ out her chamber.

Addendum-02-2

This is such a weird game.
I can't take this game seriously.
Fem-Able is kinda hot though.

Last edited May 26, 2012 at 05:08PM EDT

madcat wrote:

I've heard the sex scenes are pretty great.

R-34 of SCP-682? There's no way in hell I'm clicking that button.

@madcat:
The 914 line was perhaps my favorite part as well.

Moderator Log 15930-06
Welp. 173's mad at me. And it's hardly my fault because it was pre-programmed in the game.

Obviously visiting SCP-173 wouldn't work until Ariel (Fem-Able) comes around, and 682 will probably eat me if she heard about how I got 173 mad.

I am now presented 3 choices.
>Visit SCP-056
>Visit SCP-085
>Visit SCP-343
My brain can't function now. Maybe I'll choose tomorrow. I turned off my computer and went to sleep.

Moderator Log 15930-07

I chose to visit SCP-343.

Addendum-03

Dr. ██████ enters SCP-343's containment chamber. The chamber has been decorated to seem like a Japanese dojo this time. SCP-343 was inside waiting for Dr. ██████ already, along with two cups of tea and two mats.
SCP-343: Well, my child. Come in.
Me(Dr. ██████): Good morning. I'm very sorry that I came in unannounced, but--
SCP-343: I can give you advice, but I am absolutely powerless here. Only you can change her mind.
Me: What? But--
SCP-343: I can tell you that you should try to cheer her up, but that is too obvious, isn't it, [REDACTED]?
Dr. ██████ was silent.
SCP-343: What I can tell you is that Ariel won't come around in the next few weeks, so you can't rely on that to cheer her up.
Me: I don't really know how…..
SCP-343: I could give you hours of lectures on how to treat women nicely and cheer them up, but I'm sure you've heard of them all. The only way to know for yourself is to talk.
Me: But she shut me out and--
SCP-343: oh, dear boy, I know that. You have to talk to the ones that's closest to her. You may find out how few things you know about her.
Me: I think I know what to do now……. thank you.
Dr. ██████ stood up. As he was walking out the door, SCp-343 called out to him.
SCP-343: And don't worry about 682. She might get mad, but she won't do anything harsh. At least for now.
Dr. ██████ smiles.
Me: Thanks again….. Talking to you has always helped.
SCP-343: My pleasure.
*Dr. ██████ leaves the containment chamber.

Well, 682 it is.

Last edited May 27, 2012 at 07:35PM EDT

Moderator Log 15930-08

I was scared to play the game after my visit to SCP-343. I mean, I know it's just a game and all, but SCP-682 in the game is STILL SCP-682.
But I'm curious what will happen next.

I loaded the game. Dr. ██████, my character, left SCP-343's comfortable room and headed out. Before going to SCP-682's containment chamber though, I visited Agent Troppers in for SCP-458.

Also, my character seemed more and more nerdy day by day.

Addendum-04

Dr. ██████ enters Site 19's recreational room where Agent Troppers is currently snoozing. Agent Troppers woke up instantly after Dr. ██████ entered.

Agent Troppers: I'm not sleeping, Gerrs, I'm preparing to……. oh, it's you, ██████. What do you want?
Dr. ██████ removes SCP-458 from a table near the couch that Troppers was lying on.
Dr. ██████: I need this. I'm going to pay SCP-682 a visit and I promised I would show her the so-called "magic pizza box" a long time ago. Plus, she's probably mad at me right now.
Agent Troppers stands up and looked surprised.
Agent Troppers: Dude, 682? Why? I thought you and 173 had a thing going on. What, you want the lizard lady now?
Dr. ██████: SCP-173 is currently angry at me for issues over SCP-076-02, and so is SCP-682. I want to talk to SCP-682 to make things right with SCP-173. To know why she was mad.
Agent Troppers: Oh, OK. I thought 682 seduced you or something. It wouldn't be the first time this happened anyways.
Dr. ██████: Oh, really?
Agent Troppers: Well, I mean, you know she has a history of sneaking out. She killed a few guys for it too; it wasn't pretty. Last time, she supposedly "fell in love" with Dr. Rem and he almost signed her papers to release her. She almost succeeded until an O5 realized what was going on and switched Dr. Rem to another site.
Dr. ██████: SCP-682's not like that…… we went to lunch together, outside of the site once, and nothing happened. She made no attempt to breach containment even outside of containment.
Agent Troppers: Leaving the Foundation is not as simple as walking out the doors.
Dr. ██████: Wait, what?
Agent Troppers sat down and sighed.
Agent Troppers: You know, 682, as wild and dangerous as she is, she is very smart. Too smart for the common world. She wants to be outside, to be there to enjoy everything even though not everything might enjoy her. Her…..her idea of fun is different from most people. And that's why the Foundation is keeping her in. Ever since she got in her goal is to get out. She was grateful at first for our protection--but it didn't last long. Now all she does is try to leave. She knows she can't just walk out--the Foundation will always find her.
Dr. ██████: Interesting.
Agent Troppers: Oh, and one thing, doctor? She may be nice to you, and I think she genuinely likes you, but she's still 682. She still wants to get out.
Dr. ██████ leaves the recreational lounge with SCP-458 in hand.

Last edited Jun 12, 2012 at 12:30AM EDT

Moderator Log 15930-09
Addendum-05

Dr. ██████ enters SCP-682 with SCP-458.
SCP-682 is sitting in her acid bath, with a glass of greenish vodka in hand. It should be noted that SCP-682 does not usually wear clothing, so Dr. ██████'s entry did not startle her.
SCP-682's containment chamber is considerably different than what is listed on the Foundation's official records. In the center, there is a 5m x 5m x 5m pool. Beside the pool is two matching green polyester couches, and one large bed at the far end of the room.

SCP-682: Well, look who we have here. I heard 173 is pretty pissed at you right now, no?
Dr. ██████: Yes, and that's precisely why I came to see you. It's good to see you again. I brought you SCP-458, otherwise known as "The Never-Ending Pizza Box".
SCP-682 crawls out of her bath and set down her glass on the ground. She takes the pizza box from Dr. ██████'s hands.
SCP-682 (peers into box): Ah, it couldn't make the kind I want. (shrugs) I could still do with some pizza. So, doc, why are you here?
Dr. ██████: Well, you obviously know about what happened between me and SCP-173. I don't understand. What did I do wrong? I told her that SCP-076-02 will be back, and she basically just kicked me out of her containment chamber.
SCP-682 picks up another piece of pizza and swallows it in one gulp.
SCP-682: Well, first of all, you know Ariel (note: Fem-Able) is really close to us. We're like the unholy trio of the Foundation. We're here longer than anyone could remember. Ariel is always the tough one. She….. she looks out for 173, in a way. I know I can beat Ariel any day even though Ariel doesn't want to think so, but still, she's like 173's protector. (swallows another piece)
Dr. ██████: I still don't get it.
SCP-682 sighs and puts down SCP-458.
SCP-682: Doc, for a smart guy, you are really dumb some times. She's not only worried about Ariel, she's also worried that she would be unprotected. The Foundation offers us shelter, but it's not exactly the most stable place around. I still go visit her some times, but she's increasingly worried. The Foundation doesn't trust her; hell, they don't trust me at all. She's like oh-five-three, you know? She just sits there – or, in 173's case, stands there – and people want to hurt her.
Dr. ██████: So what should I do now?
SCP-682: Go talk to her.
Dr. ██████: She'll strangle me.
SCP-682: Doctor, she doesn't like the Foundation. At all. You're the first researcher that she actually trusts. She won't kill you. Maybe she will break your neck, but that's it. I haven't seen her so happy in a while. On the other hand, I haven't seen her get so mad either. She needs someone, doc. She's lonely.
Dr. ██████: Thanks, 682……. I'll think about it…….
Dr. ██████ tries to take SCP-458 before leaving. SCP-682 tosses it to the other side of the room.
Dr. ██████: Um…… SCP-682, I need to return SCP-458 to Agent Troppers.
SCP-682: Tell Troppers that he should stop eating pizza, it's making him fat. Tell that to Pajunik too. In fact, tell that to all the agents. Announce it during lunch. Use 285, while you're at it.
Dr. ██████: Yeah……. I don't think that's a good idea. But anyways, thanks, 682.
Dr. ██████ leaves containment chamber.

Last edited Jul 01, 2012 at 09:46AM EDT

Moderator Log 15930-10
Addendum-06

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS GAME
EVERY SCP IS FEMALE
Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if there is "Lady Blackwood" and "Mrs. Deeds". Hell, throw in Frau Chirurg while you're at it.

As Dr. ██████ was walking down the hallway to his office he bumped into SCP-105.

SCP-105: Hey, watch where you're going!
Dr. ██████: Sorry, Iris. I was thinking of stuff.
SCP-105: Oooh, is it a lady? (visibly excited)
Dr. ██████: Well, technically, yes.
SCP-105: Lemme think: I'm guessing it's not 682, she's too feisty for you. No, not Ariel (I really don't like how 076 is portrayed in the game) , she doesn't feel love. Um……… is it Cathy? (why did they even bother change Cassie's name)

Dr. ██████: She's a sweet girl, but no.
SCP-105: Wait, I've been hearing rumors about 173. Is the man in question……… you?
Dr. ██████ sighed.
Dr. ██████: Yes, and now she's mad at me.
SCP-105: Why?
Dr. ██████: Apparently I'm not considerate enough. I'm going to see her tomorrow.
SCP-105's eyes widened.
SCP-105: Oh dear lord, don't. That's the worst thing you could do.
Dr. ██████: Why?
SCP-105: She's……… well, you know, unpredictable. One day you see her this way, and with the blink of an eye, boom, she's another person. She may be sweet to you most the time, but now, just let her cool down.
Dr. ██████: I wanted to apologize to her, tell her……
SCP-105: Don't. She'll kill you. Did you hear about the D-Class that were in charge of cleaning her cell? They were killed before they even had a chance to look at her. She's very mad right now, and I think the best thing you could do is just leave her alone for a few days. Trust me, I know what it feels to be in love.
Dr. ██████: Well…
SCP-105: You can thank me later.
SCP-105 turned and left the hall.

I never liked 105 much anyways.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!