Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,714 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Been away for 7 months, fill me in

Last posted Jun 29, 2012 at 12:28PM EDT. Added Jun 09, 2012 at 07:29PM EDT
60 posts from 35 users

Hello KYM

Some of you may remember me, but probably not. Apparently my school deemed KYM inappropriate (military boarding academy) and blocked it halfway through the school year…. so around December, I stopped visiting.

Thats where I need your help. Tell me everything that happened the past 7 months, with the forums, users, meme news, anything. You can even just screw around, I don't care. I just wanna know what happened while I was absent.

Thanks

Well basiclly we have a shipping thread now. One of our oldfags named Gamzee ended up going on a shipping rampage and he got the whole damn thing locked.After that a new one arose and it's been going on for 60 something pages. Other than that we have a lot of new and old members here. You probably don't know me because i think i got here the second you left. Other than that I'm the local spy/Redguard/wifebeater. me and my wafiu John Eggbeater beat the eggs around here. There were some trolls on here, maybe you've heard of this little prick named "WarcraftNerd" who would just run around being a little retard.

404 stopped trolling the forums and now he's an actual member who is well respected now. We've lost an oldfag or two like Kalmo. And there was a huge storm of drawing threads. Some were good some were shitty. Like mine. There is one user who has started flame wars just by his mere presence, Thomas Nair or his new name Captain Serious who hates ponies and japanese anime a lot. Don't get me wrong though. He can be a good guy as long as you don't mention either of them but if you utter a single word about them then he'll going completely insane.

But still even though the community has had a change a bit were always welcome to bring back old members.

I'm seal clubba the pimpin redguard and the old hobo doctor.

Power, No Limits wrote:

Hello KYM

Some of you may remember me, but probably not. Apparently my school deemed KYM inappropriate (military boarding academy) and blocked it halfway through the school year…. so around December, I stopped visiting.

Thats where I need your help. Tell me everything that happened the past 7 months, with the forums, users, meme news, anything. You can even just screw around, I don't care. I just wanna know what happened while I was absent.

Thanks

Coincedentally, I joined 7 months ago, so I may be able to provide a brief summary of the forums.

From what I noticed, many of the popular threads (such as the KYM Family Photo and others) have remained strong. Quite a few forum games and activities have come and gone, and there's a KYM Zombie Apocalypse thread going on now. A few newer users have made their marks on the forum. Other than that, the forums haven't changed that much.

Chris wrote:

Some people joined. Some people left.

I'm still awesome.

Pretty much it.

Yeah you still are awesome Chris. It's like your Randoman but somehow even cooler.

Power, No Limits wrote:

@Seal Clubba

Kalmo left? how come?

He said something about the community changing to much and that he needed a break. He did make a thread while back but people changed the topic to "Oh hi Kalmo i didn't see you for a while!"

He should come back…eventually.

Power, No Limits wrote:

So how much has the community changed? and good or bad?

It keeps fluctuating from good to bad. Some moments were at are Pinacle of threads and sometimes were down to a low of threads. Were the discussion value is that of the equivalent of people talking about dicks in the IRC.

Power, No Limits wrote:

How about as far as admin and meme news goes? any changes/ major events?

Not a lot about meme's going around. We are having a spirit week pretty soon.

1.) If somebody says something about the Grotan, it's involved with me,

2.) If I say anythign about the Grotan outside of this post, don't listen to me. I just have a poor sense of what's actually funny and I have a bit of a lack of self control when it comes to silliness.

ConnerABacon wrote:

1.) If somebody says something about the Grotan, it's involved with me,

2.) If I say anythign about the Grotan outside of this post, don't listen to me. I just have a poor sense of what's actually funny and I have a bit of a lack of self control when it comes to silliness.

But you've gotten a LOT better. Seriously, man.

Seal posted:

There is one user who has started flame wars just by his mere presence, Thomas Nair or his new name Captain Serious who hates ponies and japanese anime a lot. Don’t get me wrong though. He can be a good guy as long as you don’t mention either of them but if you utter a single word about them then he’ll going completely insane.

Yeah, I have a tendency to go SAVAGE RAMPAGE! whenever those two things are brought up.

I'm also characterized as a warmonger, due to a perception that I seem to always be talking about warfare in some capacity or another; either I'm referencing a video game that deals in warfare, either historical or fictional; or I'm giving out history lessons about real battles or the technology of war.

I'm probably best known for simply being a hater and disliking or hating everything popular. Including, surprisingly enough, Halo.

Huh, I don't remember you, but I've been here over a year. I suppose it's a good time as any to say nice to meet you! I'm the local dinosaur who doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

professorcheese wrote:

Spirit week should be fun. You should do it with us.

Oh, sorry. I'm Cheese.

Also, memes come and go. There haven't been any real big ones. Except maybe the Ridiculously Photogenic Guy/Zeddie Little.

PSSSSST

CHEESE IS A GIRRRRRRRRRRRL

7 months is a lot to cover, I can't even remember most of it… Too many people have come and gone… Karma God/Godess benchmark now is anywhere above 5,000 recived… And many horses are still hideing from me, refusing to come out of their hole in General to say hi to me.

I joined in December, I have a rough Idea of KYM since the year started.

New people, new people everywhere. (Newfag just sounds degrading)

Shipping Thread.

Drawing Threads, Drawing Threads everywhere.

Users deactivating, Sweatie Killer among them.

Lotsa KYM episodes, e.t.c.

Power, No Limits wrote:

@ Fry

Yeah I remember you! How's it been?

@ anyone

What happened to Sweatie Killer? Was he kicked off for trollin or what?

I, myself honestly have no idea why his account is inactive.

Who knows the reasoning?

Power, No Limits wrote:

@ Fry

Yeah I remember you! How's it been?

@ anyone

What happened to Sweatie Killer? Was he kicked off for trollin or what?

Sweatie deactivated his account, because he thought the forums were declining in quality.

Can anybody explain the this user has been deactivated thing to me? I've seen them with spammed thumbs up or karma raped to oblivion, but I can't tell if they're clever use of HTML or actual notices.

Reticent wrote:

Can anybody explain the this user has been deactivated thing to me? I've seen them with spammed thumbs up or karma raped to oblivion, but I can't tell if they're clever use of HTML or actual notices.

OHHHHHH THE NECRO

A user's posts, for whatever reason, are all deleted when they deactivate their account.

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

Seal posted:

There is one user who has started flame wars just by his mere presence, Thomas Nair or his new name Captain Serious who hates ponies and japanese anime a lot. Don’t get me wrong though. He can be a good guy as long as you don’t mention either of them but if you utter a single word about them then he’ll going completely insane.

Yeah, I have a tendency to go SAVAGE RAMPAGE! whenever those two things are brought up.

I'm also characterized as a warmonger, due to a perception that I seem to always be talking about warfare in some capacity or another; either I'm referencing a video game that deals in warfare, either historical or fictional; or I'm giving out history lessons about real battles or the technology of war.

I'm probably best known for simply being a hater and disliking or hating everything popular. Including, surprisingly enough, Halo.

I used to be able to relate to you.

And also Most FPS games you played are popular and more popular then Halo.

tut Hippies trying to act violent I know their game.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!