Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,732 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

So, my Dungeons & Dragons Red Box Starter Set 4th Edition came today!

Last posted Aug 08, 2012 at 09:36PM EDT. Added Aug 07, 2012 at 04:06PM EDT
43 posts from 16 users

>4th edition

I liked 3.5 better, but thats besides the point. If you want people to play with just go to /tg/ the only board on 4chan that isnt mostly populated by assholes, and say your looking for a gaming group. Fa/tg/uys are always looking for a good gaming group even if its online, so it wouldnt be long before you had some volunteers.

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

I second this notion.

I'll play as a meatshield if nobody else does. Dwarf, of course.

I'll be a bard or sorcerer.

D&D is the shit.

Last edited Aug 07, 2012 at 07:17PM EDT

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

HAY KATIA! HOST AN ONLINE DND GAME FOR US PLEASE!! :D

I'll be glad to be a wizard.

Last edited Aug 08, 2012 at 12:52AM EDT

angstyHoodie wrote:

I'm all for this, though I just started today and I'm a bit confused, and I use 4th Edition. I would of bought 3.5 if I knew it was the one to get.

So, how does about 12 on Wednesday sound?

hmmmmm im not familiar with 4th ed but i can download the pdf to see what changes have been made. Already know what im going to play as if we do run a game.

12 Eastern, Central, or Pacific? And is Katia the DM, or what?

Also, I'm reading the 4th Ed. pdf, and I think it'd be fine if we used it instead of 3.5.

Central, which is right about now. And I'd like if someone else could DM.

Yeah, pretty much that. I closed it for a bit because nobody was joining, but it's open again, so join if you can. If you can't, post here and I'll figure out what's wrong.

We'll work out the character cards and all that in the chat.

You can join whenever you want, right? because I want to join this shit.

Last edited Aug 08, 2012 at 06:17PM EDT

Yup. Nats and I are fucking around at the moment (in a totally non-sexual way).

About creating an account: Do the first and last name section matter?

We haven't started yet. I've been trying to find a working character sheet so we could create characters.

Can you not see the chat?

I know that
I found a 3.5 sheet.

Instead of being a simple warrior or magical upstart for some medieval backwater. I want to be research scientist from advanced human civilization from a parallel timeline, that has climbed so far up tech tree its not even funny. Stranded in the setting during what was supposed to be routine field research expedition to gather information on the nature of the multiverse, when the a seemingly plot device riddled series of poor coincidence led to the catastrophic malfunction of my wormhole nav system and generator. Stranded with no other options, i must now adventure with my new found compatriots through this primitive, arcane world of D&D to find any hint at a way back home.

and if i cant wrap 3.5 ed around that il play a golem, but not just any golem. My mechanical body Crafted by only the finest dwarven Artificers, and animated by only the most powerful of magos. I am the pinnacle of Golem kind, a testament to all modern magic! And and my creators knew it, after my creation they flaunted me over their allies and enemies alike, to display their kingdoms superiority and to feed their egos. It wasn't long before i had become the talk of the kingdom. people would come from far and wide to see me you. After all why wouldn't they? Propaganda and theatrics aside i really was a marvel; a body precision engineered by artificers, brought to life by the most powerful wizards, and a mind faster and more flexible than any golem before me. Truly i was the most well crafted, and intelligent golem of my kind. But perhaps a bit to intelligent in retrospect. It wasn't long after your creation that the mind they gave you to from solutions to simple problems formed a complex thought.

"I hate this"

I was treated with the respect somewhat of a vacuum, somewhat of a circus animal. I would be put out on display for excited crows to see as i played out my circus act – no more difficult then solving few simple puzzles and and running a short obstacle course but still astonishing for a golem – and then locked away in a dark closet until i was needed again to preform. A loathsome existence.

weary of my day to day of being put way and forgotten like a household appliance only to be dug up later to act like a real one, i left my old master and their kingdom in search of a new life and they've been searching for me ever since.

then i met you guys.

In short im a big metal punch bot fighter. Even if im the most advanced golem on earth thats not really that great of an achievement, since most golems are fucking retarded ass pieces of shit that are only good for smashing enemies with their huge bulk.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!