Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,732 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

What is your favorite Color?

Last posted Dec 19, 2012 at 04:27PM EST. Added Nov 06, 2012 at 06:13PM EST
68 posts from 61 users

It would take far too long for me to narrow it down to only one color that I could say I prefer over the tons of other choices, so rather I think I’ll just all of the colors that I really like.

I like some shades of blue more than others, particularly cyan and turquoise. I also like celeste (a sky blue shade), and electric blue a lot. Aside from that, I do like some darker shades of blue. I've always thought that Persian blue was sort of a calming color to look at. Duke blue and ultramarine, too really dark shades of blue, I also enjoy looking at. I had a nice iris-colored blanket as a child, so I still sort of have an attachment to that color. I know that’s not a very good reason, but I think it’s an important one.

I like “fire engine red.” As the name would imply, it’s an intense bright red. Cardinal red is very vivid and easy to look at, so it gets an A in my book. Crimson and maroon I’m not particularly a fan of, however. I guess they just seem less appealing to me, and aren't as easy to enjoy. I like hot pink, for the same reason that I like fire engine red: it’s just fun to look at.

Dark green is pretty nice. In contrast, I also like pale green a lot, and use it quite frequently when painting nature scenes. I think teal is perfectly fine (teal is a shade of green). I also really like bright green, which differs from pale green in that it’s more vibrant. On the same note as bright green, I like harlequin a lot.

Jade, Kelly green and midnight green are all colors I like, despite the contrast in shade amongst themselves. They’re relaxing in my opinion. Sea green does its job well. It reminds me of the ocean, and I grew up in San Francisco. I don’t really like swimming, but I like the ocean. So I guess that’s why I like sea green.

I like both purple and violet. I really like heliotrope. It’s got sort of a pink-purple tint, and it’s a really nice color.

So, yeah, that’s all that I can think of for now. If I think of any more colors I really like, I’ll be back in this thread later.

Cale wrote:

I think you mean Gray.

I think you mean grey.

Funny that a thread with a small amount of discussion value has gone on for this long!

>2012

>Not picking Prussian Blue

>rin.jpg

Last edited Dec 08, 2012 at 06:46PM EST

Quantum Meme wrote:

I think you mean grey.

Funny that a thread with a small amount of discussion value has gone on for this long!

>2012

>Not picking Prussian Blue

>rin.jpg

I think you mean gray now get over your regional language >:I

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!