Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,712 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

WHY DO BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE

Last posted Jun 15, 2013 at 06:00PM EDT. Added Jun 13, 2013 at 07:06AM EDT
31 posts from 22 users

My old phone died recently, and since I'm an adult I have to get my own phone plan now. I decided I needed an iPhone.

I get my new phone, it's amazing, everything I could ever want in a new phone. I think I've had for about a week now? Maybe 2 weeks.

Anyway, last night I went over to my Grandmother's house to babysit the animals. I also brought some of my laundry with me to do while I was over there. I got downstairs put in on my clothes (plus the pants I was currently wearing) and turn on the washer, easy peasy. I come back upstairs and I can't find my phone. THEN I REALIZE I left it in the back pocket of the pants I'm washing. IT WAS SOAKED AND I WAS UNHAPPY FOREVER.
So far the home button is the only thing not working, idk how bad it really is. It's been sitting in rice all night.

So that's the tragic story called my life.

Haha I am a dumbass

Dafuqo wrote:

Why would anyone be stupid enough to buy an iPhone?

I'm sorry but that's really your own fault… :P

This incident really has nothing to do with type of phone it is. I just felt like pointing out that aspect of my story. The same thing could've have happened even if I got an android.

Guess what, your opinion isn't something that matters to me what-so-ever. I'm happy with my phone, and what you have to say about iPhones and apple products doesn't have an impact on my choice.

I am not stupid for buying this phone.

Maybe a bit stupid for throwing it in with my laundry though.

Moargun wrote:

This incident really has nothing to do with type of phone it is. I just felt like pointing out that aspect of my story. The same thing could've have happened even if I got an android.

Guess what, your opinion isn't something that matters to me what-so-ever. I'm happy with my phone, and what you have to say about iPhones and apple products doesn't have an impact on my choice.

I am not stupid for buying this phone.

Maybe a bit stupid for throwing it in with my laundry though.

you are not stupid for washing your phone
if anything you are "human" for making such a classic mistake

Viuff, The Ancient Waifumancer wrote:

you are not stupid for washing your phone
if anything you are "human" for making such a classic mistake

Well I sure do feel stupid :'C

Everyone's done it. Don't feel too bad. If you just bought it, take it to the Apple Store and see if they can replace the button. It may be water damaged, but it should still be replaceable and you pay for it. Or maybe not. It depends if they check for water damage.

Myndnix wrote:

Despite my shiggy diggy-ing, worry not, I too have made that mistake. A few years ago I left my MP3 player in a trouser pocket and it got washed.

They should really work on making everything water proof :U

I put my iPod Touch in my trumpet case once and it got soaked in valve oil. Home button's kind of wonky sometimes but it works fine two years after that happened.

I'm lucky; I have a lame phone that wouldn't be an issue if it broke.

Because I don't need a phone with all kinds of fancy features.

Because I never get calls.

…I'm just lucky I guess…

Last edited Jun 14, 2013 at 01:28AM EDT

BalisticDerr wrote:

…I'm just lucky I guess…

The "phone" portion of the word "smartphone" is a bit of a misnomer. Smartphones are not the evolution of the phone; smartphones are the successors to the personal digital assistants of yesteryear.
Think of them as a personal computer in your pocket. They can do almost everything a laptop can do, but quicker and more efficiently. The tradeoff is screen real estate and the inability to run your favorite desktop apps and games made specifically for keyboard and mouse input.

BalisticDerr wrote:

…I'm just lucky I guess…

Bitch please, I have a phone, I have registered phone numbers from my friends from the last day of school.

Guess what happens? Nothing. I never get called, never texted "how u doin'", and the only calls I get are from my parents or siblings.

You're lucky, you know you're alone. Having friends who never call you hurts like a bitch way more than being alone. I should sympathize with you, we're probably two of a kind now.

EDIT: Remind me to remember what the phrase "plot hole" and the word "repetitive" mean.

Last edited Jun 14, 2013 at 03:00AM EDT

Moargun wrote:

My old phone died recently, and since I'm an adult I have to get my own phone plan now. I decided I needed an iPhone.

I get my new phone, it's amazing, everything I could ever want in a new phone. I think I've had for about a week now? Maybe 2 weeks.

Anyway, last night I went over to my Grandmother's house to babysit the animals. I also brought some of my laundry with me to do while I was over there. I got downstairs put in on my clothes (plus the pants I was currently wearing) and turn on the washer, easy peasy. I come back upstairs and I can't find my phone. THEN I REALIZE I left it in the back pocket of the pants I'm washing. IT WAS SOAKED AND I WAS UNHAPPY FOREVER.
So far the home button is the only thing not working, idk how bad it really is. It's been sitting in rice all night.

Haha I am a dumbass

Anyone who buys an apple phone supports child labor.

Moargun wrote:

Haha I am a dumbass

Here
sometimes good things happen
Hope this works for you

Last edited Jun 14, 2013 at 03:51AM EDT

Flimsy wrote:

At least you guys aren't the ones dealing with this prehistoric piece of crap

Why is the screen so small? I mean do you have to have like needle dick fingers to be able to touch anything on the screen? Whoa whoa whoa whoa, what the fuck are those strange markings under the screen? I don't like this I DON'T LIKE THIS!

Brucker wrote:

Moargun, I'm sorry to inform you that there are no good people. (And personal experience has told me that there may be no good phones, either.)

I beg to differ

Best phone idea ever

Bruno the Rustler wrote:

>TFW you don't own a smartphone
>TFW your cell phone is a flip phone
>TFW I own this Nokia cell phone since 2007

And i'm guessing you dropped that phone multiple times.

Derpy Vaz wrote:

I beg to differ

Best phone idea ever

"Hang on, I'm getting another call…" BANG

"Hello? Brucker? You still there?"

back to topic

I'm getting my first smart phone soon (a Samsung Galaxy, which is an Android). I dropped my first cell phone ever into a puddle. You just know my first phone I paid over $100 for is going to end up with a similar fate. I don't believe in Karma; I do believe in irony.

Last edited Jun 15, 2013 at 06:04PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!