Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,712 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

RAGE!?!?!?!?!?!~!?

Last posted Nov 12, 2009 at 07:56AM EST. Added Nov 10, 2009 at 08:28PM EST
17 posts from 10 users

I disagree of this site as a clean "4chan". I don't want to compare us to 4chan.

4chan creates and propagates memes, but never studies them to understand them better. Also, 4chan can only spread certain memes such as macros and exploitables, but KYM is a dictionary of all sorts of memes. 4chan is controlled by anonymous whereas we are not. There are many other things that I could say negatively towards 4chan, but I would start flooding this wall so I shan't.

KYM > 4chan, IMHO. But of course, without 4chan KYM would be a pretty empty website.

Not really. 4chan is kind of a grab bag; you're never quite sure what you're going to see or if it's going to make you reach for the brain bleach that day. Here, we have a more consistent community. And we tend to take a more scholarly approach to things…

A little while ago, I thought to myself:

4chan.

4chan.

4chan.

fourchan.

forchan.

forchun.

fortune.

And then I looked at the logo.

I am slow.

I've always kinda looked on this place as being like ED except less offensive and more sociable…and a more reliable source of memetic information.

@drnic010:
ED isn't reliable for anything. They do it for the lulz. Basically, they're not out to archive anything, or explain anything, they just want to have a good laugh. In most cases, they're successful.

@Shadowfury
Ah yes, but ED is ironically a good source for memetic information due to each article on there being a good example of use of memes, information about internet personalities and events from the view of Anon. So, in a sense, you could view KYM as a database of internet knowledge, and ED as a database (albeit, an accidental one) of practical applications of that knowledge (as long as you bare in mind that the information has the bias of being written from the perspective of Anonomous, /b/tards, etc).

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!