Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,724 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

i summon thee creature of grammer

Last posted Oct 20, 2013 at 02:00PM EDT. Added Oct 16, 2013 at 10:40AM EDT
26 posts from 17 users

I can think of one: This is an official thread about the mighty Alot. Not for shitposting. Therefore we have no duplicate topics. Not that I can stop you locking it anyway.

I agree that this is not a duplicate thread, and I agree that it shouldn't be locked.

I disagree that it isn't "shitposting." It doesn't pass the eye test. The original post smells bad. Most of the posts here smell bad. And it looks and feels like the the thread we haven't locked yet.

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it's probably poop.

We just allow for it when there's a topi…er, this isn't a topic…

…when there's a focal point.

Contributing, because we shouldn't be off-topic.

@Verbs

I stand by the definition of shitposting: "When you post on Internet forums and don't give a shit what you're saying. In general, being a bad person."

Most of these posts are attempting to contribute to the given topic and not just being dicks so I think they pass

Regardless of how he wrote it, OP was obviously hinting at an Alot thread and not just someplace to shitpost

My conjecture is that JFF has a lower standard of quality post compared to the General board so even if this thread looks shitty by general standards, it still passes here.

But rather than debate about it, lets just share alot of pizza

Last edited Oct 19, 2013 at 08:59PM EDT

Oh no, I wasn't really going to lock this thread.

I just wanted to see how the users would respond to having the quality of their content endangered. The answer is pretty clear, almost laughable.

Then again, I pretty much asked for it. Never tell a child they're being children, as they say.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!