Forums / Media / Video Games

38,604 total conversations in 2,698 threads

+ New Thread

If I ran Square Enix...

Last posted Jul 18, 2014 at 11:32PM EDT. Added Jul 13, 2014 at 05:26AM EDT
17 posts from 16 users

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Final fantasy XV would be cancelled.

Yes you read that right, FFXV would be canned and the series would be put on hold (though the two mumorpuger entires would still be on sale and the servers would still be running).

As for everything else.

Kingdom hearts is purged from history. If you hate the concept of a Disney/Marvel Crossover or a Disney/Star wars crossover, then this franchise and any related memorabilia are to be taken back and destroyed.

Dragon quest, an already very kiddy JRPG series, gets even kiddier when dragon quest XI gets a toyline, a saturday morning animated series and a generally kid friendly storyline.

Over to eidos, More deus ex sequels (keep up the good work!) and a return to classic tomb raider, not the awful new one.

New IPs would be introduced, or should i say licensed. We will start a line of sports games called Squaresports and it would consist of games based sports EA hasnt nicked the licenses for. We will also collaborate with a very underrated australian animation studio/a cartoon studio no one's ever heard of outside of australia for games based on their licenses.

What do you think? How would you run this company?

into the ground (evil laugh)

Last edited Jul 13, 2014 at 05:27AM EDT

I would sell the company to a company who actually knows what it takes to make good games.

Now then, Nintendo? Valve? You ready? Alright, highest bidder wins!

I would make yet another Final Fantasy XIII sequel because that's what everyone wants. The game play will be so simple that you don't even have hold the controller to play the game. Just sit down and watch the 800 hour cutscene and you win. This movie game will have Lighting facing off against Sephiroth. It will be revealed that Lighting was actually Cloud Strife this whole time and the FFXIII series is the canon sequel to FFVII.

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

TripleA9000 wrote:

what's so bad about kingdom hearts, i actually like that game

http://umatbru.deviantart.com/art/Judgement-play-Kingdom-Hearts-459278726

hat wearing man wrote:

http://umatbru.deviantart.com/art/Judgement-play-Kingdom-Hearts-459278726

S/he complained about it being difficult, and about the graphics. S/he then proceeded to complain about the controls.

Going by the fact that the other reviews this guy or gal does tend to be shit, and many people seem to dislike him or her, it can be judged that the reviewer in question is a pillock.

I have no idea why you would find this opinion to be the accepted one, especially since it doesn't even try to give good points about the game, of which there are plenty. And I don't even like Kingdom Hearts. And if the reviewer in question is you, then you have my pity.

EDIT: He said Goat Simulator was good. I think that says everything you need to know.

Last edited Jul 14, 2014 at 02:18PM EDT

I'd like to see a good 2D RPG that is cell shaded and still has that mid 90's feel. Maybe a chrono trigger sequal or pre-qual. But I think that cell shaded is perfect for something like this imo

If I ran Square Enix, I'd get my best developers to create another Final Fantasy Tactics, with many of the elements from the Original, not from the two Advanced games. I'd halt other productions (unless they were also anticipated AAA titles) and fund a real symphony/orchestra to create the great music I loved about the first game.

If I ran Square Enix I would order my minions to write a plot that’s actually good and make totally sweet villains. Kinda like the late 90s, except in the mid 10s.

If I ran Square Enix, I would replace the guys who write the cutscenes in the Kingdom Hearts games with the guys that write the mangas. At least they give Sora and the other characters more of a distinct character instead of bishonen and goofy Disney characters.

"Wait," you may ask, "What manga? Is it good?"

It's not all bishonen for sure.

Last edited Jul 18, 2014 at 11:33PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!