Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,712 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Ask MIMU Almost Anything

Last posted Sep 26, 2014 at 07:35AM EDT. Added Sep 19, 2014 at 07:52PM EDT
52 posts from 26 users

(If I'm really out of line here, please call me out.)

I've wanted to do this for a while now, and about the only thing that's stopped me is my fear that this would be seen as horribly vain. Today I decided to say "fuck it" and do it anyway.

Just about any questions are go, however I will not give my real name or my town of residence.

To get the first few out of the way:

Why do you like Midna so much?
A combination of personality traits I like, an ability to do both cute and sexy, and having a backstory that is somewhat relatable, I guess. As to why other similar characters didn't click the same way she did, I don't know.

Who is your second choice after Midna?
That would be Felicia from Darkstalkers. In addition to being shamelessly fanservicey, she also gets bonus points for being the only character that doesn't want to eat/kill/otherwise screw over others on some level. She opens an orphanage in one of her endings, man! That's adorable! A good person is very endearing to me.

Also her tits are fucking fantastic.

What brought you to KnowYourMeme?
Boredom, I guess. The unpredictable content stream kept me here, and I tended to stick to my few subs on Reddit. KYM allowed me lots of different things I wouldn't see otherwise. Judging by my first comment, I joined to become "outspoken" about the recently-begun pony flood. Eventually, the worst of it died down, as did my hatred for the fandom, but I stuck around. For the record, I don't really have anything against ponies anymore.

TripleA9000 wrote:

Why do you wanna fuck a fictional character from a video game?

Why don't you wanna fuck a fictional character from a video game?

Also, I can't unsub from this thread for some reason. My email notifier will not be happy.

What is your plan for when the fire nation attacks?

Do you think you could ever see yourself leaving this horrible site permanently? (If so, where would your next attachment be)

TillsterRulz wrote:

What is your plan for when the fire nation attacks?

Do you think you could ever see yourself leaving this horrible site permanently? (If so, where would your next attachment be)

You sound like you want me to go. T_T

I might if it goes to hell, or if some miracle happens and I get out of my current living arrangements.

Slutty Sam wrote:

Which do you prefer, comments or forums? I see you on the comments all the time and you use the forums a lot but not nearly as much as the comments. That would be cool to know.

I usually stick to comments. I only recently started checking the forums at all, but if it becomes habit, who knows?

Surma wrote:

how come you don't go on the irc?

For one, I wasn't aware there was one.

For another, I don't much care for IRC in general. Not only does it seem really alien to me (and I don't feel like learning all the little commands), I don't multitask, so I kind of just sit there staring at at a static log, then either alt-tab to something else and come back to find I missed all the conversation, or just leave out of boredom.

madcat wrote:

Uh yeah, we don't do these kinds of threads normally. I can move it to riff-raff or JFF; take your pick.

I just posted it to general because I didn't know where else to put it. I was still hesitant to post it at all. JFF might be best. Sorry for the failpost.

Rikkhan wrote:

so nothing to personal like age. education or nationality? if not in that case what games have you played recently or are playing at the moment?

I just don't want super-personal things, specifically my name and city of residence.

Since you half-asked, I'll answer. I'll be 24 next month on the 3rd. I graduated high school after quite a bit of "school hopping." Dabbled a bit in community college, couldn't stay motivated. And yes, I'm 'Murcan, though I wouldn't say I'm proud of it.

I forget what brought it up, but I just finished case 3 of Ace Attorney: Justice For All. Beyond that, I've gotten into another gaming rut. I bounce around between a lot of things for a short amount of time. Viscera Cleanup Detail, Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires and 8: Xtreme Legends, even a tad of SCP Containment Breach after I toned down the jump scares. (Fuckin' SCP-079 and its loud staticky noises!)

Beatie wrote:

How are you doing?

Honestly? I'm not sure how to answer that question without sounding like I'm exaggerating for attention. I guess I'll just keep it short: "Not well."

MIMU wrote:

Honestly? I'm not sure how to answer that question without sounding like I'm exaggerating for attention. I guess I'll just keep it short: "Not well."

I may not know what it is you're going though, but I hope that you can cope with it until it's over.

(Sorry if I sorta dampened the mood, but I couldn't help but ask, what with some comments you've made)

Last edited Sep 20, 2014 at 02:06AM EDT

MIMU wrote:

You sound like you want me to go. T_T

I might if it goes to hell, or if some miracle happens and I get out of my current living arrangements.

;-; ! Sorry I came off that way, didn't mean too.

I have no knowledge of Zelda games, but say Nintendo does something that messes up Midna completely (Thinking worst case scenario here). Would something like that, or anything, drive you away from her?

TillsterRulz wrote:

;-; ! Sorry I came off that way, didn't mean too.

I have no knowledge of Zelda games, but say Nintendo does something that messes up Midna completely (Thinking worst case scenario here). Would something like that, or anything, drive you away from her?

I think I would immediately go into "damage control mode," sort of like I did after I finished Mass Effect 3, which is to say that I would basically repress any memory of the events.

At what point did you put yourself on a pedestral high enough that made you believe we clearly should know about everything that is you through an AMA?

RandomMan wrote:

At what point did you put yourself on a pedestral high enough that made you believe we clearly should know about everything that is you through an AMA?

I was bored. I'm sorry this bothers you so much, but there was no reason you needed to come here and be snide about it, either.

RandomMan wrote:

Well, at least there's no double standard for you. I was about to say that it's strange how this got relatively no bashing so far while my AMA thread from ages ago was locked immediately. Also, what have you got against AMAs of users? Only the super cool mod squad is allowed to do them? Sure they're sort of egotistical by nature, but there's nothing against the rules about them.

Slutty Sam wrote:

Well, at least there's no double standard for you. I was about to say that it's strange how this got relatively no bashing so far while my AMA thread from ages ago was locked immediately. Also, what have you got against AMAs of users? Only the super cool mod squad is allowed to do them? Sure they're sort of egotistical by nature, but there's nothing against the rules about them.

Only mods can do them because they're they only people who matter.

RandomMan wrote:

At what point did you put yourself on a pedestal high enough to think that, as a high ranking mod, that quote is appropriate to make instead of actually giving some kind of reasoning behind why OP shouldn't be making this thread?

level4outbreak wrote:

At what point did you put yourself on a pedestal high enough to think that, as a high ranking mod, that quote is appropriate to make instead of actually giving some kind of reasoning behind why OP shouldn't be making this thread?

Stop. I've already gone into one depression spiral, I don't need another caused by pointless bickering. Can we move on, please?

That said, due to said depression spiral, I might be AWOL for a while until I finally come out of it.

level4outbreak wrote:

Because I didn't say OP shouldn't be making this thread. If he shouldn't, this thread would already be locked. You're implying mods should always act like mods lol.

@Sam

We've gotten more loose and don't lock as much anymore. AMA bashing is mostly spam prevention.

@MIMU

Don't worry about this stuff hahaha. Good luck with your depression spiral. This happens often?

Last edited Sep 21, 2014 at 01:17PM EDT

Taryn wrote:

You’re implying mods should always act like mods lol.

Maybe in reference to good mods.

Good mods are a myth.

Really? That's the best excuse you have? I've seen you pull that excuse out whenever you get called out on being an ass numerous times and, quite frankly, it's a piss poor excuse at best. If I, as a librarian, was asked for research help from a friend and, because I wasn't in an official capacity, gave them blatantly false information, saying "Hey, you're implying that I have to act like a librarian all the time lol" would not be an acceptable response to being called out on my behavior. So why is that acceptable in your capacity as a mod?

Last edited Sep 21, 2014 at 04:09PM EDT

I don't think AmA threads should be allowed. If you want to ask him a question go on his wall and do it or PM him. What stops more people coming along and cluttering up the forums with more pointless AmAs. With the exceptions being Riff-Raff parody AmAs and shitposting ones, this could become a problem if any other uses get some ideas.

Spider-Byte wrote:

I don't think AmA threads should be allowed. If you want to ask him a question go on his wall and do it or PM him. What stops more people coming along and cluttering up the forums with more pointless AmAs. With the exceptions being Riff-Raff parody AmAs and shitposting ones, this could become a problem if any other uses get some ideas.

i agree with you that amas are pretty useless, but i think if they aren't too prevalent and don't clog up the forum too much, i don't they should be banned outright from neo-jff

@RM and outbreak

You people do realize that you're derailing a thread with this pointless bickering, right?

@Blubber

I agree. AMAs flooded the forums at one time before, but that was a while ago. The users have long since stopped attempting to make their own AMA threads, so I say this one should stay up.

Last edited Sep 21, 2014 at 05:41PM EDT

Captain Blubber wrote:

i agree with you that amas are pretty useless, but i think if they aren't too prevalent and don't clog up the forum too much, i don't they should be banned outright from neo-jff

Of course. I just wanted people to know the risks of making too many AmA threads.

level4outbreak wrote:

Really? That's the best excuse you have? I've seen you pull that excuse out whenever you get called out on being an ass numerous times and, quite frankly, it's a piss poor excuse at best. If I, as a librarian, was asked for research help from a friend and, because I wasn't in an official capacity, gave them blatantly false information, saying "Hey, you're implying that I have to act like a librarian all the time lol" would not be an acceptable response to being called out on my behavior. So why is that acceptable in your capacity as a mod?

OP wanted to avoid pointless bickering, so for OP I brushed it off as not much so that we could move on and leave this behind. Good job on going all out instead brah. OP's depression spiral thanks you for your bickering.

If you wish to continue, go to my wall or shoot me a PM.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!