Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,712 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Hi there.

Last posted Mar 10, 2015 at 10:43AM EDT. Added Mar 10, 2015 at 03:45AM EDT
13 posts from 13 users

Took another cycle around the block. Still concerned over my weight. Thinking of expanding the route and also cycling to work too.

And there's this guy trying to debate religion with me. I have to keep telling him I don't fucking care…

I'm in an Atheist phase right now and I can't seem to stop worrying about death…

Also, it's past the time my mom should be waking me up for school, so I hope that means it's cancelled.

Last edited Mar 10, 2015 at 07:23AM EDT
I’m in an Atheist phase right now and I can’t seem to stop worrying about death…

It's hard to explain the realization once you get to that point, but I think death and the subsequent eternal oblivion (I assume that's the scary part for you) is more or less probably like sleeping. It's completely out of your control once you're there, but I don't imagine it to be unpleasant.

Besides, due to its unknown nature, no one really knows what death or an afterlife is like. Just like I tend to believe the religions are usually similar enough, I think there's something to many of them accounting for some afterlife experience. That may not help, but hopefully I'm not introducing any completely distressing thoughts.

As for me, I just woke up.

…I should go to work. With daylight savings and work tasks involving a lot of travel, this is going to be an odd week.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!