Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,739 total conversations in 9,944 threads

+ New Thread

Shit-tier anime thread

Last posted Mar 17, 2016 at 12:22PM EDT. Added Mar 03, 2016 at 06:59AM EST
57 posts from 38 users

Oh goody an anime thre-

[sees grimmoire's post]

Well… ignoring that obvious bait, i'm surprised no-one's mentioned this wonderful little gem yet….

Last edited Mar 03, 2016 at 11:26AM EST

Sword Art Online is too easy a choice. Guys who said Jojo, MonMusu etc you could at least give reasons, since all I'm seeing is images of popular shows even if I agree that they have certain flaws.

I vote God Eater. Looks glorious and it's a great concept but it really struggled to actually make me give a crap about any of the characters.

Since we're supposed to post an image

The Russian underboob seemed a little puerile in the context of the show, especially since there are several scenes where she's upside down.

Also I am pre-emptively going to point out that "edgy" or "too popular" is not a reason something sucks.

Iamslow wrote:

What the fuck was even the point of this

This show was pretty cool I thought.

Definitely a "read the manga" type deal though, I gather the anime goes off on its own in order to end at 24 episodes.

Oh, and it is a bit edgy, but the sort of edgy I secretly enjoy.

Last edited Mar 03, 2016 at 02:21PM EST

ballstothewall wrote:

This show was pretty cool I thought.

Definitely a "read the manga" type deal though, I gather the anime goes off on its own in order to end at 24 episodes.

Oh, and it is a bit edgy, but the sort of edgy I secretly enjoy.

Yeah that's what I heard. Watch the parts that adapt the manga first, see if you like it, and then if you do actually go read the mango. The main problem is the deviations go against canon in a manner which people found to be really bad, unlike shows like the 2003 Full Metal Alchemist adaption or Trigun, where the manga deviations were actually well liked enough by both fans and the original manga creators enough that said creators either A) worked some of the deviations into the manga canon, or B) encouraged the anime producers to do something interesting with the deviations.

In some cases you then have anime adaptions which are kept to a 20-something episode limit like a "one shot" anime, but the manga it's based on is still ongoing. Black Lagoon's a really good example, some people only know about it thanks to the 24 episode anime (and OVA), but the manga has been going on since 2002 and STILL GOING to this day (granted it went through a four year hiatus between 2010 and 2014, but still).

Last edited Mar 03, 2016 at 07:07PM EST

@Thelastmethbender I'll be honest, I actually do kinda like Rosario Vampire, though its second season is really unnecessary. Also, as Fortune and Eglamore have pointed out with Akame Ga Kill, the manga seems to be better (though I still kinda liked the Akame anime). Speaking of which:

This anime was hard to sit through. I don't even know why I finished the whole thing, I really shouldn't have. The dub was pretty crappy in several aspects, and the comedy was just… unfunny. I hear the manga's much better, so read that I guess.

There's probably a crap ton more shit anime I could list, but nothing comes to mind at the moment.

TheLastMethBender wrote:

This monster girl anime was stinking up the place before Monster Museum.

I watched this on Netflix one day and im still having PTSD flash backs.

The manga is unfathomably better. It actually has a story and ecchi stuff isn't its main focus. It quickly takes a serious turn and the main character gets into bad shit and starts to become bad ass.

Because Monster Musume has already been mentioned, I might as well bring this up.

Super Atragon is a 90's OVA based off of a 1960's kaiju movie simply called "Atragon" (which itself is based off of a book but whatever). The English dub is hokey, the writing is melodramatic as hell, and it generally leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

I saw half an episode of this show

who came up with this shit
do I just not get it
why do people like this
pls explain

Last edited Mar 03, 2016 at 10:51PM EST

Any game adaptation anime. Tbh haven't even watched all or most of these I just know from resounding consensus that they're all straight up bad, incomplete, or both.

However, there is one exception as with all rules. Behold, best game adaptation anime ever:

Should have been more than one season fucking god-tier. Light humor, adorable, sweet animation, action, even soul crushing emotion. It had it all. Shut up I'm right.

tfw I've only watched like one "legitimate" stand-alone anime so I can't feel any of the salts in this thread and just watch hungrily. except for kirby don't touch my son

Dreamworks wrote:

I saw half an episode of this show

who came up with this shit
do I just not get it
why do people like this
pls explain

iic it started as a parody of a incest anime, but then it became a incest anime

Why
I loved the manga
The first season was actually pretty good, minus some adaption complaints
beautiful animation
But then
2nd season
why
you ruined something perfectly fine for no reason
you disgust me
get out of my face

Just sat here suddenly remembering the horror that was Cross Ange

This was a horrifically bad show, worst thing I've ever seen.

The concept could have been amazing if done right: some women are born incapable of producing the world's magic, but they also completely cancel it out and fuck it up for other ppl around them. Naturally they're all packed off to a labour camp/conscription mech army. Turns out even princesses are not immune to this and so haughty classist Ange is sold down the river by her haughty classist brother.

It actually has a fair crack at the "jackass protag gradually becomes nicer" as well as an interesting world concept, but it's so rooted in playing with the 4th wall unnecessarily, deliberately trolling the audience, and fanservice in molesty/rapey scenes, that it becomes a stupid mess. I think the MC is sexually assaulted at least 5 times IIRC, and there's a weird scene where she pisses herself too. If you take this sort of content seriously it could become quite powerful, but there's always these weird hentai-like undertones that really mess it up.

Sekirei was an abominable piece of trash that was incredibly fun to riff on. Greatest time I've ever had with my friend watching through that garbage, but I think I lost 1/8th of my brain-cells that faithful weekend.

ballstothewall wrote:

Sword Art Online is too easy a choice. Guys who said Jojo, MonMusu etc you could at least give reasons, since all I'm seeing is images of popular shows even if I agree that they have certain flaws.

I vote God Eater. Looks glorious and it's a great concept but it really struggled to actually make me give a crap about any of the characters.

Since we're supposed to post an image

The Russian underboob seemed a little puerile in the context of the show, especially since there are several scenes where she's upside down.

Also I am pre-emptively going to point out that "edgy" or "too popular" is not a reason something sucks.

My reasons?

It's everything I hate about shounen wrapped in
A brown, ugly, and disgusting package.

I have more issues on the story and characters, but that's another post for another time.

#jojosucks

HO…LY…SHIT

They cranked out 4 of these..FOUR!

And they couldn't even maintain the rules of the game. The main character is annoying and seriously needs a girlfriend to fuck him with a strap on. DRAGOOOOOOOO!!!!
The main villain is..boring and has the wierdest non-threating design ever.

The voice acting is fucking cringeworthy as hell! And they re-use fottage for fight scenes. The animation is choppy and did I mention EVERYONE is annoying as fuck?. The soft girl with the yellow dress is such a flipping push-over to FRUSTRATING LEVELS. The blue haired girl talks without breaks, is too loud and is an annoying hot-head who ALSO needs a dildo.

I could go on about how they never explain what happens to the previous supporting cast each season. Retcon shit like no ones business or NEVER explains how energy from another universe just SOMEHOW materializes into a flipping CARD GAME with design and RULES! and no-one questions it! NOTHING MAKES SENSE.

Even if its for retarted 9 year olds why make it so bad.

That fucking opening theme……

Last edited Mar 04, 2016 at 09:49AM EST

All need to be said about Edgen Lied

Also Seitokai is not as horrible as Elfen Lied, but boringly bad

Literally the first thing when you type this

It's not the fact that it has them. It's the fact that it's all there is to. Nothing else and nothing fun about it.

The last choice here

;^)

The absolute BOTTOM of the shonen barrel.

Shit characters, obnoxiously shameless fanservice, plot armor so impervious it would make Superman blush, frequent ass pulls, story arcs that repeat one after another, and the same blind fanbase as early days Naruto

Last edited Mar 04, 2016 at 02:41PM EST

Space Cowboy wrote:

@Slutty Sam I agree, the Kirby anime was great. And surprisingly, for a 4Kids dub, it was actually alright.

Meta Knight in Brawl even sported a Spanish accent like in the 4Kids dub, but Dedede is still just Sakurai doing a bunch of random noises rather than the amusing Texan accent of the 4Kids dub ("clobbah that there Kirbeh!").

Kirby, Ultimate Muscle, and a decent chunk of early Pokemon are some 4Kids dubs I can think of that I actually quite like.

On the opposite end though, yeah I feel like 4Kids really screwed up on Sonic X. I think the Sonic Adventure 2 story arc got hit the worst, they completely removed the references to Maria's death, which was a big aspect of Shadow's character arc. One of the only good things to come out of Sonic X's 4Kids dub is Mike Pollock as Eggman (Eggman's original VA, Deem Bristow, unfortunately passed away from a heart attack shortly after Sonic Heroes came out). He's so well liked by fans and Sega that he's the only 4Kids VA to stick around after the voice actor changes in 2010.

Since i'm very lazy post images i'm going only write the name and reasons
Fairy Tail: The fact they can't go two chapters without fanservice and is predictable as hell with every major fight goes the power of friendship wins.
Sonic X: The main character is Chris not Sonic
Hellsing 2001 version: The only good things about it is the opening and animation.
Naruto: The manga ended already they still doing filler.

The idea would have been cute and nice but the biggest issue is how utterly unlikable the main character is. All he dose is scream and has a noise bleed every minute.

A majority of shit tier anime has this kind of guy. A really overly shy average looking guy who has to yell and act like an insane person with a mental disability. Is a 6 but has 10s throwing themselves at them but all he can do is have noise bleeds and do that thing where they fall over or some shit and yell inappropriately. Other then that they have no personality what so ever.

TheLastMethBender wrote:

The idea would have been cute and nice but the biggest issue is how utterly unlikable the main character is. All he dose is scream and has a noise bleed every minute.

A majority of shit tier anime has this kind of guy. A really overly shy average looking guy who has to yell and act like an insane person with a mental disability. Is a 6 but has 10s throwing themselves at them but all he can do is have noise bleeds and do that thing where they fall over or some shit and yell inappropriately. Other then that they have no personality what so ever.

And I know

>YFW the point of a harem anime isn't to pay attention to the main character you dense fuck

"Someone missed the fucking point"

Its hard to pay attention to the pretty girls when this utter shit for brains dip shit is yelling in my ear every second acting like a tool. Its like trying to flirt with a girl at a bar with 9/11 footage being played on the TV at max volume. Its too distracting

nice boat
nice boat
nice boat
nice boat
Main character is shit, has sex with 8 people, everyone nobody is surprised when he gets btfo'd. Main girls are all dry as fuck. like legit they could make the sahara cry in embarrassment how fucking dry it is.

This shit may have been meant to be a harem anime but it still fucked it up. It fucked up the easiest trope in the aneem book right next to 'big swords, big dicks'.

Kill Me Baby no really, please kill me

I couldn't get past the fucking intro.

The YTPMVs made from the anime are great tho.

Last edited Mar 05, 2016 at 10:26AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!