Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,732 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Tell me something that will ruin my childhood.

Last posted Jan 06, 2011 at 11:34AM EST. Added Sep 12, 2010 at 01:26PM EDT
204 posts from 59 users

Oh, you know that guy from Blues Clues? The show with the dog investigator and his partner dude who was the host. Well anyways, he died of a heroin overdose.

And the guy from Art-Attack was in a metal band. (that's not really something to ruin a childhood but its still "wooah")

The lyrics for one of Disney's songs, "What's This?" More ruined if you actually know the source from one of the disney movies.

"I've never felt so good before This empty place inside of me is filling up I simply cannot get enough I want it, oh, I want it Oh, I want it for my own I've got to know I've got to know What is this place that I have found?"

You will never look at it the same way again.

Also for a bonus, search up that scene in the The Rescuers when there was a "controversial image". Here's the link of the video for it, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzNXgk5eWGg (NSFW)

Last edited Sep 19, 2010 at 10:45PM EDT

@Sweatie,
Why is it that things that are just a tiny bit random are so much more disturbing than those that are completely random?

That raped my childhood. (Not Katy Perry, but Elmo.)

In the original Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow, when you encounter your rival in Lavender Town he asks whether or not you know what it’s like to have one of your Pokémon die. At this point in the game, he no longer has his Raticate that he used in previous battles. Your rival battle before this took place aboard the S.S. Anne. Your rival’s Raticate sustained serious injuries from the battle.. but, because of crowding and confusion on the luxury liner, he was unable to make it to a Pokémon Center in time and the Raticate passed away. Since there is no Gym there, the real reason your rival is in Lavender Town to begin with is to lay his deceased friend to rest.
Despite all of this, your rival never outwardly tells you that you’re responsible for the death of his Pokémon. He hides his grief and instead channels that energy into the motivation he needed to continue his quest to become Indigo League Champion. The death of his Raticate effectively destroys your rival’s impish, childhood innocence. Although he tells himself that he doesn’t hold you responsible, he subconsciously holds a great deal of resentment towards you which further fuels his ambitions. Tearfully swearing upon his Raticate’s grave to not fail in what he set out to do, he trains hard in hopes of becoming better than you, defeating you, and eventually make it to the Pokémon League. Mere moments after he became Indigo League Champion, he was defeated… by you. Although he fulfilled his promise to his fallen Pokémon, it was only for a painfully brief instant. In the end, your rival is scolded by his grandfather while you receivethe professor’s praise. During the course of the game, you steal your rival’s innocence, crush his dreams, and ultimately snatch away the love of his own grandfather. Oh, and by the way, your rival doesn’t have any parents. He’s an orphan.

The USA banned a Pokemon episode because of the excessive use of guns in it.
James once crossdressed as a woman and had huge breasts. They cut that part out in the episode.

Your childhood: it has been screwed.

^ it's still anime, so that goes under "weird anime shit" for james, and "stuff too awesome for kids" in the case of the guns. Also, the reason why no one ever saw the safari zone in 1st season was because the paranoid game warden stuck a gun right between ash's eyes and threatened to pull the trigger.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!