Locked Locked
Guess Who's Back?

Last posted Jul 16, 2012 at 11:28PM EDT. Added Jul 16, 2012 at 10:42PM EDT
11 posts from 3 users

And I'm kinda pissed.

See, I was on a hiatus for a while…
And I helped create this entry…
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/lavender-town-syndrome-creepypasta

It was perfect. I thought it wouldn't be messed with, until someone decided to mess with it and make it barely even related to the whole Lavender Town thing in the first place.

Is there some way to revoke editing rights? Or some way to undo changes? Because seriously, it was perfect the way it was before I went on a hiatus. :/ I had all of the sprites; the white hand and buried alive ones. And now the article is a huge pile of crap compared to the way it was when I temporarily left.

Last edited Jul 16, 2012 at 10:43PM EDT

That entry is confirmed and of good quality. I don't even see why you should remove editors.

I honestly hope you aren't serious in your post.

Looking back in the edit history, I can see most of the images and videos are still present in the entry. As for your links, most of those can be found in the External References section. The entry is simply better organised overall and contains more information. So from what I seeing, the entry only improved, making it even less reasonable to undo those changes. Things that were removed such as the White Hand sprite were most likely removed for not being notable enough. You might want to ask the staff on that.

As for your question. You can only remove editors if you're the OP of an entry or an Entry Mod. Seeing as you aren't both, you can't remove editors. And even if you were the OP, you still wouldn't be able to remove Mods.

Last edited Jul 16, 2012 at 11:18PM EDT

Well, both the white hand sprite and the buried alive sprite are significant in the whole creepypasta itself. I don't see how they couldn't be notable enough. Idk, it just kinda rustled my jimmies seeing the first article I helped make changed completely. I can't even find the videos I added to the article in the first place; and most of the related videos are like mashups and stuff :s

Ahh, understandable. Oh, well.

Last edited Jul 16, 2012 at 11:20PM EDT

I can't really tell, I'm not that familiar with Creepypastas. Looking in the edit history, I can tell Amanda did the most work on it, so she was probably also the person who removed those sections. If you send her a PM asking why she removed that, I'm sure she would be happy to answer you.

Last edited Jul 16, 2012 at 11:25PM EDT

Vaati wrote:

I see…
Well, is there any way to remove the videos that have like mashups that aren't really related to the article? Or do I need a mod to do that, too? >:

As you're an editor, you can press edit and remove those yourself. But I suggest to send Amanda a PM first. Even if those videos are mash-ups, they are still related to the entry and show how it has spread, thus giving them a reason to be there.

RandomMan wrote:

As you're an editor, you can press edit and remove those yourself. But I suggest to send Amanda a PM first. Even if those videos are mash-ups, they are still related to the entry and show how it has spread, thus giving them a reason to be there.

Alright, that's understandable. I'll be sure to PM Amanda about the white hand sprite and the buried alive sprite. Thanks!

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!