Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Dawn of the Final Day, 24 Hours Remain

Last posted Feb 15, 2013 at 10:41PM EST. Added Feb 14, 2013 at 08:13PM EST
6 posts from 4 users

I've seen these types of images in comments on quite a few sites. They are image macros used to respond to something that is being highly anticipated, and they usually include characters wearing Majora's Mask, or the Moon.
Would it be considered a meme?

Last edited Feb 14, 2013 at 08:33PM EST

These things are commonly created and posted in the days previous to an incoming event that managed to spawn quite an impact (elections, start of a new season of a series, Twilicorn), and certainly differ in their usage in comparison to just the Moon like Random 21 is pointing out.

So go ahead and make an entry OP, you have my support. I would change the name though to just "Dawn of the Final Day", to cover the various versions for 24, 48 and 72 hours.

Last edited Feb 15, 2013 at 04:19PM EST

crusty wrote:

I've created an entry. Feel free to request editorship.

Added some stuff to it like an origin and spread related to December 21st, alongside Search Interest, External References, and some images (both gallery and embed into entry).

My apologies for reuploading new "Dawn of the Final" day images that I embed in the origin section. This was done due to the difference in quality between the ones you uploaded.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!