Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Fire Emblem Memes

Last posted Mar 07, 2013 at 02:36PM EST. Added Mar 03, 2013 at 10:41AM EST
12 posts from 7 users

Not all of them have enough spread to warrant an entry. As a huge fan of the Fire Emblem series, the only one on the list I have heard of previously is the 3-13 Archer, but not even that has enough spread recently. I'll do some more research into them and see if any may need an entry. Who knows, I might have to get around to make a Fire Emblem subculture entry, it has the fandoms, and at least a few notable sub-memes. By the by, I wouldn't use lists like this as a source for entries all the time, they still need evidence of spread.

The closest thing I say we have on this list is the 3-13 Archer, however even that shows very little spread or mutation, and is not exactly worth documenting.

So yes, I agree with Random 21. If we get a Fire Emblem Subculture entry going by all means document the noteable ones in that entry.

On a related note: On top of the introduction to Marth and Roy in Super Smash Brothers Melee, couldn't the Internet have played a role in getting the Fire Emblem series localized outside of Japan?

Luigifan wrote:

…Not even "Canas was killed by continuity errors"?

You don't seem to understand the criteria for a meme, and neither does TvTropes.

You can make a silly phrase and repeat it a few million times, but that doesn't make it a meme. Repetition + people + DERIVATIVES make it a meme.

The only FE memes I can think of is the 3-13 Archer from Radiant Dawn. I've considered making an entry on it before but it's just not big enough.

The things I see most often are Ike's brawl quotes and Gheb. There's even a rom hack of sacred stones called Gheb FE where you play as him that has a bit of a following, but I'm not sure it's big enough to warrant an article.

Gheb was this guy by the way.

Iamslow wrote:

The things I see most often are Ike's brawl quotes and Gheb. There's even a rom hack of sacred stones called Gheb FE where you play as him that has a bit of a following, but I'm not sure it's big enough to warrant an article.

Gheb was this guy by the way.

Obviously you didn't read my post well.

You can repeat a quote as many times as you like, but that doesn't make it a meme.

For instance, "Falcon Punch" isn't a meme because it's been said a few many times, it's a meme because of all the videos and image macros making fun of it.

I think I'll go ahead with a Fire Emblem entry, if there's no objections. I'm a bit busy today, so I'll start as soon as I get a chance tomorrow. Sub-meme wise, I think 3-13 Archer and Gheb deserve a mention.

Last edited Mar 06, 2013 at 05:15PM EST

Twenty-One wrote:

I think I'll go ahead with a Fire Emblem entry, if there's no objections. I'm a bit busy today, so I'll start as soon as I get a chance tomorrow. Sub-meme wise, I think 3-13 Archer and Gheb deserve a mention.

Add me to that entry please.

Twenty-One wrote:

I'd also like editorship if you need additional editors.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!