Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Not sure if I should make an entry for these

Last posted Jun 17, 2013 at 04:38PM EDT. Added Jun 14, 2013 at 03:23PM EDT
7 posts from 5 users

These are a few things that I come across often here and on YouTube (Since that is the only other website I visit that contributes a lot to the internet) and I'm not sure if I should make entries for them or not:

Worth the Weight – A phrase often associate with Gabe Newell / Valve that references the long amount of time it takes for valve to make new games. I'm not sure if I should make an entry for this as it's only kind of common.

Half-Life 3 Confirmed – Another phrase referencing the fact that it has been a long time and will still be a while before the game Half-Life 3 is released. A small spike in usage appeared after/during E3 with this; (PS)4 – (XBox)1 = (Half-Life)3. I'm not sure if I should make an entry for this because it's mostly only used by Valve fans.

Bill Nye – A fairly popular scientist known mostly for his show "Bill Nye the Science Guy." Not sure if I should make an entry for him because he's popular, but not internet popular

"I think it's trying to communicate" – A common YouTube comment often in reply to a comment with such bad grammar and spelling that it is not readable. Not sure if I should make an entry for this because it's mostly exclusive to YouTube.

Twiface – An exploitable image of the character Twilight Sparkle from My Little Pony making an odd face and looking at the viewer. Often associated with the phrase "You're in the wrong neighborhood motherfucker." Not sure if I should make an entry for this because it's a brony specific meme.

I would +1 half life 3 confirmed, i see a lot of stuff likening the game's announcement to the apocolypse and stuff like that.

+1 to Bill Nye as well, as long as you tailor the entry to his internet fame. If not, you could probably swing an account about the fake Bill Nye twitter accounts

Half-Life 3 Confirmed has been on my to-do list for a while now, and I was actually planning to start one either today or this weekend.

If you want to help out or rather make it yourself, we can probably work something out.

Worth the Weight might perhaps work better in combination with an entry on Valve Time, a common phrase associated with Valve's pushing back of release dates. It has even been accepted and used by Valve.

The Twiface is a bit uncertain here as well. When I saw the name the first thing that popped into my mind here were those eyes that are often used as an exploitable.

That it's a fandom-related meme is not an issue and should not hold you back, but it's more the question here for what is more popular.

Last edited Jun 14, 2013 at 05:01PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Half-Life 3 Confirmed has been on my to-do list for a while now, and I was actually planning to start one either today or this weekend.

If you want to help out or rather make it yourself, we can probably work something out.

Worth the Weight might perhaps work better in combination with an entry on Valve Time, a common phrase associated with Valve's pushing back of release dates. It has even been accepted and used by Valve.

The Twiface is a bit uncertain here as well. When I saw the name the first thing that popped into my mind here were those eyes that are often used as an exploitable.

That it's a fandom-related meme is not an issue and should not hold you back, but it's more the question here for what is more popular.

I think you should make the entry for Half-Life 3 Confirmed if you were planning to already, you're much better at writing entries then me.

I have been planning an entry for Bill Nye the Science Guy, but I really don't mind if you would like to take that one. As for "I think it's trying to communicate", I think it might deserve a place in the Youtube Comment memes entry.

Last edited Jun 15, 2013 at 05:46AM EDT

Master Yoda wrote:

May I suggest "Vavle/Gabe can't count to three" spinoff as a paragraph on HL3 confirmed? I saw a couple of jokes like this around. Good entry idea btw :)

Second.

I also delivered with Half-Life 3 Confirmed. Still a bit incomplete, but it's getting along nicely.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!