Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,829 total conversations in 4,533 threads

+ New Thread

m00t suguesstion email

Last posted Sep 26, 2014 at 08:36PM EDT. Added Sep 26, 2014 at 07:51PM EDT
3 posts from 2 users

Okay I just got an email that say my edit to the m00t page was…horseshit and gave 3 reasons:

1. AFAIK, 4chan was never supportive of GamerGate discussion, they just allowed it. When it started to be more about raids and scheming than video games and just plain got out of hand, they banned discussion of it on /v/.

2. Anita Sarkeesian was NOT a sponsor for XOXO. She was just a guest speaker. It was just a tech conference.

3. There is zero evidence of moot replacing all his old mods with new ones. That’s the kind of grade school rumor that people on 4chan will start and perpetuate without having anything besides hair-brained conjecture to back it up.

I want to verify some sources for the information in hand

All he said is true. I've seen leaked IRC chats between moot and mods over this. Essentially saying that mods didn't and or couldn't do anything to stop it at first and that now they ban it on all boards. Also about death threats moot and mods have received. Moot has also made mention of a feminist hacker group that is pressuring him to take action.

Seemed legit

Alright I'll see what I can do about my entry to the page. But I'll need some sauce for the death threats and the feminists hackers. I;m not gonna make the same mistake twice

Last edited Sep 26, 2014 at 08:51PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!