Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,829 total conversations in 4,533 threads

+ New Thread

Show Me your Gentiles, Meme?

Last posted May 21, 2010 at 12:46PM EDT. Added May 18, 2010 at 08:35PM EDT
10 posts from 8 users

So this is a really popular video and this isn't the only one. So does that make this a meme? If so, it is not on this site and i would like to add it, but haven't added anything b4, so some help would be nice.
Thanks =D

Oh and here is the video

P.S. and I think NSFW is a given.

I didn't find any spin-offs, derivatives, or spoofs on Youtube.

Do you mean the sequel, and other videos that contain this guy that were videos created by the same guy?

Then no, a series isn't a meme; although on the internet and very popular, it hasn't shown many results that were made participatory by other people.

I love Jon Lajoie and his songs. He's a great Canadian comedian and singer/song-writer. But, unless there are derivatives of his songs/videos, I don't really see anything memetic going on here. His vids are viral but that's about it. He's about as much of a meme as Fred, Nigahiga, Smosh, or any other popular Youtube personality there is.

Also, fyi BZ, that video has TWO sequels.

Though, this is still my favorite song of his:

^Total agree with Jostin. Unless people have created remixes or parodies of it, it's probably just a viral video. Also, WTF Collective was the first song I ever heard by Jon and it's still my favorite.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!