Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Chacarron Macarron

Last posted Jun 30, 2010 at 12:38PM EDT. Added Jun 21, 2010 at 11:20AM EDT
16 posts from 8 users

Okay, I know that there is some debate on whether or not this song can be considered a meme, considering that it is just the song used in Ualuealuealeuale, but considering that the song itself is more recognizable than the actual meme of Ualuealuealueale, don't you think that it deserves it's own entry?

Consider this, even though the song itself is used in Ualuealuealeuale to denote madness, the song has been used in other videos to denote retardation and gaiety of the subject of the video itself. Especially considering that the amount of videos that refer to it as "Cucharron" greatly outnumber the number that refer to it as "Ualuealuealeuale".

I already know that it has two deadpooled entries. However, I think a more detailed article is needed in order for it to be confirmed.

Just wondering what you think on this matter.

Last edited Jun 21, 2010 at 11:22AM EDT

"the song itself is more recognizable than the actual meme."

I wasn't aware of the song before the meme. I see that the artists are from Panama. Is the song mostly recognizable among people from Panama, all of Latin America, or American pop culture?

Google Chacarron Macarron: About 140,000 results
Google Ualuealuealeuale: 93,200 results

Chacarron Macarron: 35
Ualuealuealeuale: 9.
(http://www.google.com/insights/search/#q=Chacarron%20Macarron%2CUaluealuealeuale&cmpt=q)

I see what happened here. This is an example of my own subjective bias. 100% of the search volume for Ualuealuealeuale is from the US. But the regional interest in Chacarron Macarron is more widespread, as ranked.

1. Mexico
2. Peru
3. Argentina
4. Chile
5. United States
6. Canada
7. Poland
8. Spain
9. Australia
10. Turkey

You're right about Chacarron being more popular.

And I'm looking back on the original entry thinking it needs a LOT of work.
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/ualuealuealeuale

I've found a couple of interesting facts on the Wikipedia page that I wasn't aware of before.

BBC Radio 1 DJ Scott Mills started a campaign on October 30, 2006 to get the song to #1 in the UK singles chart. A link was put up on the BBC website to the video on YouTube. Although the song did not reach the top, the campaign pushed the song all the way up to #20, which became its peak.

It is one of the current at-bat songs of New York Mets shortstop José Reyes, Cleveland Indians third baseman Andy Marte, and Texas Rangers shortstop Elvis Andrus. Additionally, Arizona Diamondbacks Catcher Miguel Montero used this song in the 2007 season.
The song contains a sample from "The Breaks" by Kurtis Blow.

I'm in favor of seeing a meme entry about the song with Ualuealuealueale as a sub-meme, since the batman video came after the song, but with one stipulation.

In talking about the spread, you provide some information about what charts the song appeared on (Billboard Top 40 maybe?) and if possible, and something about the places where people heard it. TV? Radio? Movies? Commercials? If we're talking about something so mainstream, we'll need to see some info on its presence within the mainstream.

Then for bonus points, you could look for data regarding the reach of the song within each of those platforms.

I don't mean to be rude Chris, but Wikipedia, come on..

Do a barrel roll according to Wikipedia.

Not to mention our loving allies, anon with full access to the site.

One thing I'd like to point out:

Searches for Ualuealuealeuale aren't going to give an accurate account of spread in this case. Because no one knows how to spell it. The only people who search Ualuealuealeuale are the ones who already know about it.

Oh boy… If I were to make an article on this, I'd need hella alot of help…

Anyways, I agree with Jack Candle. "Cacharron Macarron" is more recognizable because it is easier to spell along with it being the title of the song.

Chris Menning said: The only people who search for any specific name are the ones who already know about it.
That applies to Chacarron Macarron as well, since it’s gibberish.

I have to tell you that native spanish speakers (like me) don't find "chacarron macarron" gibberish. Those words kinda have a meaning.

Maybe that is why mexican and peruvian searches are so high.

Last edited Jun 24, 2010 at 12:23PM EDT

@Joefilms: Well, "Ievan Polka" is just called the "Leek Spin" song. However, the case is not the same for "Ualuealuealeuale". "Chacarron Macarron" is not called the "Ualuealuealeuale" song.

Well, I have a new proposal.
We have an entire re-write of Ualuealuealeuale with the name "Chacarron Macarron". We have the original Batsui video as the origin, and then also embed the music video for it. We can then note how the song is used to denote something stupid or retarded looking and then have several notable derivatives.

@ Nico:
> my mom and I loling like hell.
> mom and I loling like hell.
> and I loling like hell.
> I loling like hell.
> loling like hell.
> loling hell.
> loling
> loli
> my mom and I
> loli

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!