Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,872 total conversations in 4,540 threads

+ New Thread

Bouncing anime girl gif

Last posted Jan 23, 2011 at 08:40PM EST. Added Dec 30, 2010 at 12:09PM EST
57 posts from 16 users

Do you guys remember these?

It looks like a meme to me, even if I have trouble finding a correct name for it. What do you think?

Last edited Dec 30, 2010 at 12:09PM EST

haha, I've seen this before.

Didn't know there was a lot of it though.

Is there a reason why many of them are car companies (and often other types of companies too)?
I mean, what's up with that @ _ @

Also, looking at the image file names (mazdaqueen.gif, yamaha8pk18kwqi9.gif, mtsusiskigs8.gif), doesn't seem to have a universal name.

Also, allow me to add that I find this kind of hilarious and awesome XD

Last edited Dec 30, 2010 at 12:29PM EST

I've stumbled upon some threads redirecting to Japanese links explaining how to make your own bouncing girl gif, but they are downā€¦
It seems to be quite old as well.

Tomberry wrote:

I've stumbled upon some threads redirecting to Japanese links explaining how to make your own bouncing girl gif, but they are downā€¦
It seems to be quite old as well.

Internet Archive doesn't work?

Also, links? :/

@Tomberry

It's not related. You can check the waybackmachine archives (which are quite NSFW, so i won't link).

Although it is funny how they go into the physics of momentum about a woman's chest area.

Last edited Dec 30, 2010 at 01:54PM EST

The running Kasumi breast bouncing is also an old classic gif animation.
But, there are far less iterations of it, contrary to that bouncing anime girl gif.

Doesn't it really strike a chord in someone who may recognize the character or have a more common name for it?

I just called her "bouncing boobie anime girl".

I saw this for the first time on an early hentai site.

Don't ask me what an 12 year old girl was doing looking at hentai with her twin brother.

Trick Lobo wrote:

I just called her "bouncing boobie anime girl".

I saw this for the first time on an early hentai site.

Don't ask me what an 12 year old girl was doing looking at hentai with her twin brother.

Twincest?

Last edited Jan 01, 2011 at 06:06PM EST

SuiseisekiĀ Ā Ā Ā  wrote:

Some of the file names end with "jiggle" so you may want to try searching for that.

Looking up "booby jiggle" on Google nowā€¦.wait for it..

Edit: Sweet I got some tickets for a comedy club.

Last edited Jan 01, 2011 at 09:05PM EST

I've found the sprites from the game. Her name is "World".
It also seems she is a recurring character from the game, as she also is in Magical Drop 2, even if she had less animations in that game.

Edit : BINGO!

That specific gif animation seems to have a recurring filename on the Internet : Fairy Bounce.

Here is webpage with many of them dating from 2004.

It simply needs some time range research to have the earliest appearances of it on the web and it's all good for an article.

Last edited Jan 02, 2011 at 09:39AM EST

Did some digging around, use and modification of the character was considered old even in 2003!!!

We're gonna have to do a lot of digging on this. Also, the original character's name is "World". Each one of the characters in Magical Drop was based off of one of the 21 Major Arcana.

EDIT: Poop, I was on this page too long and Tomberry beat me to it.

EDIT 2: Okay, did MORE more digging, and found that it was used on newgrounds for quite some time during its early days. However, even then it was a modified sprite. Even before that, it was used on several hentai sites. Trying to find the earliest sites to use it.

Last edited Jan 02, 2011 at 09:46AM EST

Yeah, aside from the bouncing boobies, there is another version of the gif animation in which she is spinning. Anyway, we're almost there.

Last edited Jan 02, 2011 at 09:52AM EST

I'm just trying to find old timey hentai sites that still use the gif. I know that I've seen it around 2001, maybe sooner.

Anyways, when you get the article up, I'll help with it mos def.

Tomberry wrote:

Thread from 2002 requesting for the animation as an avatar.
It seems it was popular as an avatar even back then.

That forum gave many links to potential websites hostings those gifs but almost all of them are down.

Have you tried the wayback machine ? It was really helpful when I was looking up sites that were taken down before. It would at least help you get dates, probably.

I used the wayback machine and only one of them was a working link for it.
It indicated December 20 2002 as the earliest instance as a collection of different Fairy Bounce gif animations but it was mentioned as one of the most recent links there at that time.

It's a tough oneā€¦

On this particular site (not sure if it's a big one, if not it could be that the sprite was on the net before being uploaded there) the source sprites were uploaded on January of 2002.
Maybe the meme peaked around that date.

@Trick Lobo
Yea, sureā€¦

Last edited Jan 02, 2011 at 04:27PM EST

Update!

Thanks to TinyEye (Holy Noodle is this tool very useful!), I've tracked back one of the first alterations from the meme on Newgrounds in August 2002. I've also tracked back one of its early use as as an adult ad as June 2002, on Newgrounds as well. I still haven't found which one was the very first and I still don't know why many of them have car companies on their breasts, even if I've found out that some of them were hosted and watermarked as being from a website called "CarDomain". That website is still up nowadays but the animations aren't.

I guess it was an easy way to do some advertisement at the time.

A box Of muffins wrote:

Nope.avi

This is the Research section.

If you're not here to research or to help with it, get out.

Twincest doesn't count as research.

Last edited Jan 04, 2011 at 05:35PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!