Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,709 total conversations in 1,733 threads

+ New Thread

What does Banned, Suspended and Deactivated means?

Last posted Oct 13, 2013 at 02:45PM EDT. Added Sep 15, 2013 at 02:22AM EDT
6 posts from 5 users

If I am not mistaken… When these are put in place of a users title:

Banned: Permanently Banned from the website.
Suspended: Temporary Ban, the person's account will be reactivated in a week or so.
Deactivated: The owner of the account has shut down their own account for personal reasons and does not wish to use the site again. This can be undone at the discretion of the Admins (and Database Mods if I am not mistaken).

There is also an Anti-Spam Ban that erases all the posts and threads created by the Spam Bot. Of course though, this renders it's title invisible so I don't know what it's called.

Last edited Sep 15, 2013 at 02:40AM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

I believe the Anti-Spam Ban is simply deletion straight off the database. So it doesn't technically exist.

As even bans can be undone, the delete-all ban is the same as the regular ban but the only difference that all their contributions get hidden/removed (excluding entries and threads, those still need to be manually deleted). This is proven by visiting their profile afterwards, which shows their title being "Banned".

Jeff dumbham wrote:

I was wondering, if said person gets an IP ban, are they not allowed to make an account here? Or they can't come here at all?

From what I know, just making an account and through that they can't contribute to the site anymore.

Views from having them visit the site won't hurt us anyways.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!