Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,708 total conversations in 1,732 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
Comments be crashing.

Last posted Mar 05, 2014 at 10:56PM EST. Added Mar 05, 2014 at 05:36PM EST
6 posts from 6 users

Today, I've noticed that the "Nice MayMay Man" entry is trending. I wanted to see what was going on, but my browser crashes every time I reach the comments. My browser doesn't crash when I see comments on other pages, so what is it with the comments in that one entry? If it helps to find out the problem, I use Google Chrome with AdBlock.

I have the same problem and am also using Chrome with ABP. The moment I scrolled down and the topmost comment came into view, I had enough time to read it saying the meme was so bad it crashes Chrome before it did exactly that. The comment was greyed out and nothing else got a chance to load. Tried going back, same thing happened.

Edit: Tried going to page 2 of the comments and it loaded fine, whereas page 1 crashed my browser again, so I think something posted recently might be the problem

Last edited Mar 05, 2014 at 07:40PM EST

Yeah, this is also a problem with me and for the flash of a second that I could see the comments, another person had this same issue(Not sure how he posted though). I PMed the staff member in charge of the article about it. So it's not exclusive to me. I'm also using Chrome with Adblock. Definitely not a coincidence that only Chrome users are experiencing this. (Or so I think.)

Yeah, I went to the comments on IE and ironically, it worked. The underdog rises!

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!