Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

14,160 total conversations in 1,027 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
Comments be crashing.

Last posted Mar 05, 2014 at 10:56PM EST. Added Mar 05, 2014 at 05:36PM EST
6 posts from 6 users

Today, I’ve noticed that the “Nice MayMay Man” entry is trending. I wanted to see what was going on, but my browser crashes every time I reach the comments. My browser doesn’t crash when I see comments on other pages, so what is it with the comments in that one entry? If it helps to find out the problem, I use Google Chrome with AdBlock.

Mar 05, 2014 at 05:36PM EST

I have the same problem and am also using Chrome with ABP. The moment I scrolled down and the topmost comment came into view, I had enough time to read it saying the meme was so bad it crashes Chrome before it did exactly that. The comment was greyed out and nothing else got a chance to load. Tried going back, same thing happened.

Edit: Tried going to page 2 of the comments and it loaded fine, whereas page 1 crashed my browser again, so I think something posted recently might be the problem

Last edited Mar 05, 2014 at 07:40PM EST
Mar 05, 2014 at 07:37PM EST

Yeah, this is also a problem with me and for the flash of a second that I could see the comments, another person had this same issue(Not sure how he posted though). I PMed the staff member in charge of the article about it. So it’s not exclusive to me. I’m also using Chrome with Adblock. Definitely not a coincidence that only Chrome users are experiencing this. (Or so I think.)

Yeah, I went to the comments on IE and ironically, it worked. The underdog rises!

Mar 05, 2014 at 09:17PM EST

I’m on Mozilla and it’s working fine for me!

I just checked Chrome….and it crashed! So weird, same exact thing like everyone else: I was able to scroll to the comments and once they all loaded BAM crashed.
Also of interest, I’m on my mom’s computer and she doesn’t have Adblock. So it must be the page itself :/

Mar 05, 2014 at 09:29PM EST

Actually a pretty neat trick from a completely neutral programming perspective.

Resolved, tho, so locking.

Mar 05, 2014 at 10:56PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!