Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,697 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

Wha wha wha whaaaa dawg?

Last posted Sep 22, 2010 at 06:50PM EDT. Added Sep 20, 2010 at 08:01PM EDT
13 posts from 7 users

how am i a researcher? i've just played a ton of forum games, cleaned up one article, added a little bit of info on jadusable, and gave writing tips on some articals? (i know the title doesnt mean anything im just questioning the way researchers are titled)

@Irish

As was asked before on a plethora of other threads, your title on this site is only based on the amount of contributions you have made. From zero contributions and up, I'd say that the general ranking system would be:

- Brand New
- Protomember
- Gold Membership
- Jr. Researcher
- Researcher
- OVER 9000!!!1 (this title is, as of now, unique to only Alice-chan, so I'm not 100% sure if this is available for every user yet)

Other than the regular titles though, there are some certain special titles as well given to a handful of users on this site. From what I think is the highest ranking to the lowest ranking title, here's a short explanation of each one of them (and if they are unique to a few number of people, I shall mention those certain people who don the title as their own):

Scientist Emeritus Unique title: Jamie Dubs. This title belongs to the retired Internet Scientist who co-created and thought of the website and starred in the webisodes. He did a lot of behind the scenes coding and research.
Internet Scientist Unique title: Ellie Rountree, Yatta, and Andrew Baron. This title belongs to two of the original three stars in the webisodes plus the main honcho (aka Rocketboom CEO). They do a lot of behind the scenes work of all kinds.
Staff Member These are the other behind the scenes guys who work for Know Your Meme. They do a lot of coding for the site as well as a lot of helping out in making the websiodes.
Sysop Unique title: Greg Leuch. This guy does a lot of the same behind the scenes coding as the other guys but somehow gets a unique title for himself. I'm unsure if anybody else has this title.
Community Manager These are Staff Members who specifically work on keeping order on the website and doing meme research.
Staff Intern These are the Know Your Meme interns. They don’t necessarily work for Know Your Meme per sé but they help out a lot on the website when they do.
Community Moderator & Tikibar Mgmt Unique title: Captain Blubber. This guy is the first regular user to be promoted to an Admin (old title) but he was demoted to Moderator status later on so that it would be fair for the newer Moderators. He has all the powers the Entry & Forum Mods have. He is also one of the most awesome users.
Entry/Forum/Image Moderator These guys are regular users promoted by the Staff Members so as to help out around the website. Has all the powers a Community Manager has minus being able to ban and deleting certain things. Entry Mods have the power to Confirm/Deadpool/Feature/edit/add editors to all articles. Forum Mods have the power to (Un)Lock/Rename/Move/Feature threads. Image Mods have the power to delete images if they seem inappropriate for the site.
Watcher Unique title: Watcher. Basically, he's a self-appointed spambot/spammer/troll hunter turned into an official one by the Staff Members. He posts these certain accounts that he finds onto this thread.
Early Adopter These are the first 100 users of KYM.

And there you have it: The KYM Ranking System in a nutshell. Hope it was informative enough for ya, Irish.

Have a pleasant day and enjoy your new title.

Last edited Sep 21, 2010 at 02:25AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!