Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,714 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

We Know Memes Dot Com

Last posted Nov 14, 2011 at 07:48PM EST. Added Nov 11, 2011 at 04:57PM EST
10 posts from 10 users

It seems more like it's built on a blog rather than anything else.

I predict a dark future for We Know Memes (others should as well). Know Your Meme, on the other hand, is sailin' smooth.

Okay, jumping in to try and inject reality to the discussion. God only knows why.

I became aware of this site quite some time ago, and considered starting thread on it, but then decided against it, because I knew the response would be pretty much just like this. People here are saying the same sort of things here about WeKnowMemes that people used to (and probably still) say about our site on 4chan and ED. Yeah, it's a fairly crappy site that in many ways resembles ours, and in many other ways is different. So what? They may continue to be fairly lame and eventually fade away, or they may shape themselves to please some particular web demographic and become as popular as us or more. Either way, I personally try and not view the Internet as a popularity contest. Every site is different, just like every person is different, and spending undue time talking about how WKM is just a pale imitation of KYM is going to be about as cool as a couple of jerky high school sophomores looking at each other and saying, "Can you believe how lame these freshmen are?"

By all means, continue; this is only my opinion.

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

I think we shouled sue them for copying our "Confirmed Memes" tab. >_>

They changed it to "established" now.
I sense a lurker among us…

Last edited Nov 14, 2011 at 08:01PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!